Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What to do if weight loss stops

Hi all,
    I’ve been on my diet for about 8 weeks now, I am keeping track of everything I eat and drink, checking my macros, working out, but it seems like I cannot lose any more weight. Maybe my body adjusted to the lower calories intake, I don’t know…
    What should I do now? decrease my calories deficit (it’s about 500 calories now)? delete the cheat day? add more cardio to my work out?
    Thank you guys for your advice….

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Decrease energy intake and/or increase energy expenditure.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Rossella69 View Post
    Hi all,
    I’ve been on my diet for about 8 weeks now, I am keeping track of everything I eat and drink, checking my macros, working out, but it seems like I cannot lose any more weight. Maybe my body adjusted to the lower calories intake, I don’t know…
    What should I do now? decrease my calories deficit (it’s about 500 calories now)? delete the cheat day? add more cardio to my work out?
    If you are close to your goal, I would simply maintain what you are doing. It could be that since your body fat % has gotten so low, things are just slowing down.

Do not skip your cheat day, but you may want to reconsider the foods that you are eating on your cheat day. Rather than pounding down anything you want, try re-feeding with oatmeal and potatoes (for instance) at each meal. You will get the carb replenishment you need, re-set the leptin, but you will also re-charge the body with nutrient dense food and fiber.

To up your energy expenditure, increase your strength training instead of doing more cardio. You will burn more calories at a resting state.

Lastly, a bit off the wall, but try drinking 2 cups of green tea a day.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you tracking your cheat day? That would be the frist thing I would get rid of before cutting additional calories everyday. A whole cheat day can put a pretty big dent in the weekly deficit if you are going all out binge mode. Also, stalls are common IMO more than 2-3 weeks with no loss and I would be looking for whats wrong. If the cheat day helps continue but I would keep it under control and look at your weekly calorie levels to see what effect it has of the deficit.

Also scale weight can be off a few lbs just from fluid changes etc and that could be hiding actual progress.

steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) steindayle is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Hi all,
    Increase your caloric defict

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long have you stalled? If less than 2 weeks wait it out. Sometimes weight comes off in clumps. Scales are never as kind as we would hope.

If the stall persists its up to you to find a way you feel would be most beneficial to you. Some people like to add more cardio, others reduce calories a little, tighten up on high calorie day, or a combination of the above.

At 8 weeks its just a matter waiting it out a bit and if needed selection your preference of tipping the energy balance equation back in your favor.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rossella69 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Are you tracking your cheat day? That would be the frist thing I would get rid of before cutting additional calories everyday. A whole cheat day can put a pretty big dent in the weekly deficit if you are going all out binge mode. Also, stalls are common IMO more than 2-3 weeks with no loss and I would be looking for whats wrong. If the cheat day helps continue but I would keep it under control and look at your weekly calorie levels to see what effect it has of the deficit.

Also scale weight can be off a few lbs just from fluid changes etc and that could be hiding actual progress.
    I am tracking it, I don't go that crazy; last time I had 2000 calories instead of my usual 1600. But for sure I ate many more carbs than proteins. The cheat day helps me a lot, but I would rather get rid of it than decreasing my daily calories...

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    How long have you stalled? If less than 2 weeks wait it out. Sometimes weight comes off in clumps. Scales are never as kind as we would hope.

If the stall persists its up to you to find a way you feel would be most beneficial to you. Some people like to add more cardio, others reduce calories a little, tighten up on high calorie day, or a combination of the above.

At 8 weeks its just a matter waiting it out a bit and if needed selection your preference of tipping the energy balance equation back in your favor.
    Yes it's about 2 weeks. I can try to add some more cardio, I am following Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred program right now and it doesn't really have cardio except for active rests between lifting.

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    If you are close to your goal, I would simply maintain what you are doing. It could be that since your body fat % has gotten so low, things are just slowing down.

Do not skip your cheat day, but you may want to reconsider the foods that you are eating on your cheat day. Rather than pounding down anything you want, try re-feeding with oatmeal and potatoes (for instance) at each meal. You will get the carb replenishment you need, re-set the leptin, but you will also re-charge the body with nutrient dense food and fiber.

To up your energy expenditure, increase your strength training instead of doing more cardio. You will burn more calories at a resting state.

Lastly, a bit off the wall, but try drinking 2 cups of green tea a day.

Ray
    Thank you Ray, I think it's a good idea to reconsider what I eat in my cheat day. Not too many calories but maybe too much crap. I am close enough to my goals, but those 6-8 last pounds don't want to leave me!!

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am tracking it, I don't go that crazy; last time I had 2000 calories instead of my usual 1600. But for sure I ate many more carbs than proteins. The cheat day helps me a lot, but I would rather get rid of it than decreasing my daily calories...
    That should not cause any real noticeable effect. The extra carbs might put a few lbs of water weight on you for a few days though, and that could skew what the scale says if you weigh yourself after the cheat day...It is not neccessary, perhaps even not good, but I weigh myself every morning when I wake up. I track the weekly average to determine progress. I also look at me weekly calorie totals. I can tell when I will weigh hevay and almost by how much by doing this. Salty carb meal will add 5lbs, it will take 3 days min to get back to normal. I also use my wedding ring as a "Water gauge" if its tight I know Im holding more water than usual.

Stick with it for a while longer. I had numerous stalls so far. Then a week or two later I would have a 2-3lb drop..As EK mentioned some times its big clumps of weight lost followed by a period of steady scale weight. Good things are still happening they might not show up on the scale immediatly.

bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes it's about 2 weeks. I can try to add some more cardio, I am following Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred program right now and it doesn't really have cardio except for active rests between lifting.
    I know three women, my wife, and two of her trainees who have lost inches and actually gained weight on that program. What's the tape measure tell you? Are you following the diet set forth by the program?

Nutrition for Shortcut to Shred: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-...-overview.html

Originally Posted by bradandblake View Post
    I know three women, my wife, and two of her trainees who have lost inches and actually gained weight on that program. What's the tape measure tell you? Are you following the diet set forth by the program?

Nutrition for Shortcut to Shred: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim-...-overview.html
    Actually no, I started it 2 weeks ago and I was already on my diet so I thought it was not necessary. I will take a look, thank you! I didn't measure myself, my clothes fit a bit better, it's just a little depressing to not see the scale move.....

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would absolutely pay more attention to your measurements as opposed to the scale. For me, it's always how do I look and feel at a certain weight that makes the difference.
    My vids: youtube.com/channel/UCXYsnKrrmhI9oPzfzkn8NsA
    Strong e-stat crew checking in

Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    I would absolutely pay more attention to your measurements as opposed to the scale. For me, it's always how do I look and feel at a certain weight that makes the difference.
    I will start measuring again. It's just that I set my goal at 140, so if I don't reach it I will have to stay on a diet forever!!!

Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jbizzlechizzle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I will start measuring again. It's just that I set my goal at 140, so if I don't reach it I will have to stay on a diet forever!!!
    If I were you, I'd throw in some HIIT workouts on your off days and reduce your caloric intake just a little more then. This might get you over the hump.

bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000) bradandblake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually no, I started it 2 weeks ago and I was already on my diet so I thought it was not necessary. I will take a look, thank you! I didn't measure myself, my clothes fit a bit better, it's just a little depressing to not see the scale move.....
    Yeah its a good program to follow. It works to get you toned and athletic. The scale won't help you much if you keep adding muscle though!

Example of how numbers don't matter.

I weigh 190 in both pictures below, 10 months apart.

Last edited by bradandblake; 07-29-2014 at 01:02 PM.

Yeah its a good program to follow. It works to get you toned and athletic. The scale won't help you much if you keep adding muscle though!

Funny how that works, right? Pictures can tell a thousand words. I have pictures of myself at 167 lbs looking somewhat skinny fat. I'm looking a ton better almost 20 lbs heavier. I'm trying to cut down to 175 to see where that takes me and hopefully slow bulk from there.

WOW, that's pretty awesome!! great job!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jbizzlechizzle View Post
    If I were you, I'd throw in some HIIT workouts on your off days and reduce your caloric intake just a little more then. This might get you over the hump.
    I can try that. I already do an Insanity class on one of my off days, I can surely add something else. Thanks!

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A 2 week plateau may not be real. Remember us ladies can have wide variations on the scale during the course of a month. I can easily go up and down by 3lbs with water gain and loss.
    Just stick with what you are doing for 4-6 weeks before changing anything.
    My 2 cents
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    When you don't have much to lose it becomes more difficult and there's no room for error. Pull out the cheat and I'm willing to bet you bust through the plateau.

You've got this, keep at it!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can try that. I already do an Insanity class on one of my off days, I can surely add something else. Thanks!
    If you're doing Insanity you don't need any HIIT.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Smile

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    When you don't have much to lose it becomes more difficult and there's no room for error. Pull out the cheat and I'm willing to bet you bust through the plateau.

You've got this, keep at it!
    I will, I'm 100% focused!!!!

JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JediRN has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will, I'm 100% focused!!!!
    Just some noobie advise here but...
    the scale can be a liar. Measurements and progress pics should be your standard.
    A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.

Muhammad Ali

Originally Posted by JediRN View Post
    Just some noobie advise here but...
    the scale can be a liar. Measurements and progress pics should be your standard.
    You are right.... I think I'm too obsessed with my weight....

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are right.... I think I'm too obsessed with my weight....
    You only have six pounds to reach your goal. For me, the last pounds to lose are always the hardest. Like during my last cut, my goal was 115, but I got to 117, and I knew those two last pounds would just take forever, so I didn't even bother.

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    You only have six pounds to reach your goal. For me, the last pounds to lose are always the hardest. Like during my last cut, my goal was 115, but I got to 117, and I knew those two last pounds would just take forever, so I didn't even bother.
    I hear you! I thought it would be a steady progress but I was wrong, and there are so many variables!! Ufffffff