Steveus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Traveling diet help

My fathers started a new job where hes gone all week and home weekends and asked me how he can eat healthy when all he has is a microwave in the hotel room most times. Ive only been eating healthy since Feb and cant think of any solid plans for him. Any suggestions?

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What specifically do you mean by "eat healthy"?

Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50) Profion9k will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fruits can be bought and ate right away. healthy as it gets and right away

Im talking like he needs a meal plan thatll keep him set throughout the week. He cant really prep meals during the weekend cause its tough getting them on a plane. I was thinking he could grab some quinoa for low fat carbs but he doesnt have anything to cook with so im having trouble with low fat protein options. And hes having problems with his knees because of his weight problem I forgot to mention that before so weight loss for his is key.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Steveus View Post
    Im talking like he needs a meal plan thatll keep him set throughout the week. He cant really prep meals during the weekend cause its tough getting them on a plane. I was thinking he could grab some quinoa for low fat carbs but he doesnt have anything to cook with so im having trouble with low fat protein options. And hes having problems with his knees because of his weight problem I forgot to mention that before so weight loss for his is key.
    Why are you looking for low fat options? Is malnutrition the goal?

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Why are you looking for low fat options? Is malnutrition the goal?
    Because in reality I know hes not going to stick to this completely and I know hes going to snack and grab some fatty foods in between these meals. So i figured the less fat the better

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because in reality I know hes not going to stick to this completely and I know hes going to snack and grab some fatty foods in between these meals. So i figured the less fat the better
    He would be better off consuming the fatty foods, especially if he is a busy man. This would help insure adequate calorie intake to prevent malnutrition. ALSO I wouldn't recommend anyone get under 75g of Fat per day.......

Have him grab some bread, PB, Turkey and cheese, mayo, and maybe some snacks.

Peanut Butter sandwiches, Turkey and cheese sandwiches with mayo, nuts, bananas, milk, etc..........
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Originally Posted by bdillingham5 View Post
    He would be better off consuming the fatty foods, especially if he is a busy man. This would help insure adequate calorie intake to prevent malnutrition. ALSO I wouldn't recommend anyone get under 75g of Fat per day.......

Have him grab some bread, PB, Turkey and cheese, mayo, and maybe some snacks.

Peanut Butter sandwiches, Turkey and cheese sandwiches with mayo, nuts, bananas, milk, etc..........
    Alright hes like 275 so If he has a PB sandwhich for breakfast and lets say 3 more meals of turkey cheese sandwhiches and maybe another PB hed be alright? Im sorry for the ignorance on this but ive only ever dieted for myself and its tough making something for someone else

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alright hes like 275 so If he has a PB sandwhich for breakfast and lets say 3 more meals of turkey cheese sandwhiches and maybe another PB hed be alright? Im sorry for the ignorance on this but ive only ever dieted for myself and its tough making something for someone else
    Should be.

Does he have a specific goal in mind or is he just looking for "healthier" convenient meals?
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Originally Posted by bdillingham5 View Post
    Should be.

Does he have a specific goal in mind or is he just looking for "healthier" convenient meals?
    The goal is definetly losing fat. Hes 48 and is having knee problems but hes in the military so hes not out of shape he just needs to get this fat off him. Hes 6 ft and roughly 275

SirOttis40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I travel via airplane all of the time with work and do not have trouble making my meals ahead of time. I carry on an Iso-Bag that has a day's worth of meals in it and I check a soft side cooler with the remaining meals for the trip frozen. I put the frozen meals in the fridge in my hotel room. By the time I am ready to use them they have thawed out and all I have to do is microwave them to heat them up.

I honestly got the idea from Chris Gethin's 12 week transformation here on BB.com, week 18 - where he discusses this very thing.

You can watch the quick video on YouTube titled "Kris Gethin 12 Week Video Trainer - Eating While Traveling - Day 18 - Bodybuilding.com" or go to the main page here on BB.com and look for Chris Gethin's 12 week transformation.

It does take a little planing but I do this for my meal planing anyway, I just freeze what I need to for traveling.

Originally Posted by SirOttis40 View Post
    I travel via airplane all of the time with work and do not have trouble making my meals ahead of time. I carry on an Iso-Bag that has a day's worth of meals in it and I check a soft side cooler with the remaining meals for the trip frozen. I put the frozen meals in the fridge in my hotel room. By the time I am ready to use them they have thawed out and all I have to do is microwave them to heat them up.

I honestly got the idea from Chris Gethin's 12 week transformation here on BB.com, week 18 - where he discusses this very thing.

You can watch the quick video on YouTube titled "Kris Gethin 12 Week Video Trainer - Eating While Traveling - Day 18 - Bodybuilding.com" or go to the main page here on BB.com and look for Chris Gethin's 12 week transformation.

It does take a little planing but I do this for my meal planing anyway, I just freeze what I need to for traveling.
    sorry for the late reply and thank you im going to send him the video.

SirOttis40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good luck with it my man. It's all about making numero uno's health a priority in your life.

TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TSBey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Theres a great blog post on this over on Nerd Fitness. You should check it out.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    veggies/beans canned
    oats with protein powder
    you can cook meat and eggs in the microwave
    cottage cheese
    bake potatoes in the microwave
    fruit
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head