Under Construction . . . Johneffer's Avatar
    Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

All Things Bodybuilding Q & A

I'm making this thread to answer questions about bodybuilding. I've gotten dozens of messages asking me for information.. I don't plan to be the only person answering questions as I have a biased opinion... I'd like other experienced dieters and lifters to chime in so together we can grow some monsters in here

Experienced lifters come to mind like Meadey... Well rounded in strength training and flexible dieting and I'd like him to talk in here as well.

I'm good if you'd like to ask questions on how I as a natural grow the most size, how I eat low carbs and how i eat a bro diet when I cut, how i increase test as a natural and important things to know about competing in bodybuilding.
    Instagram: @Johneffer
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Johnefferlol2/videos
    Bench: 405 sets of 6, 315 for 20
    Squat: 495 for 6 sets of 12, 675x1
    Deadlift: 685
    Teen Nationals Overall Champion 2017

EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) EctoPow3r is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    How to stop myself from constantly training my forearms?( i train them like 3 time a week).i think i have a mental disorder because i like to flex my forearms more them any of my bodyparts,im in love with forearm training and i dont know why.

Whats wrong with me Mr Teen Virginia???!!!

Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Johneffer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EctoPow3r View Post
    How to stop myself from constantly training my forearms?( i train them like 3 time a week).i think i have a mental disorder because i like to flex my forearms more them any of my bodyparts,im in love with forearm training and i dont know why.

Whats wrong with me Mr Teen Virginia???!!!
    train your bi's and tri's too

ColeV22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hope this is a serious thread.

I lifted about a year ago regularly then stopped, mainly because I didn't have a gym membership and although I had a bench, I didn't have a spotter really. (But this post isn't about that).

I trained this summer a bit, not exactly a workout routine but just getting back into shape really and I was wondering if the 5x5 routine is smart to do considering the story I just gave you. Also, here is my H/W (6' 160).

Do you recommend any plan in particular if you are just starting back up again to GAIN MUSCLE or would you just go with the beginners courses and work from there?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ColeV22; 07-28-2014 at 07:55 AM.

saeedzamareh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i have 18 percent body fat and im 14 years old with the weight of 169 lbs should i build muscles (bulk) or lose fat?

stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000) stronktri is just really nice. (+1000)
    alright me too
    whats up

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll try to answer some John but if you spout any more bull**** broscience crap I'm out, lol

jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    all noobs are welcome to msg me, i will give free advice (i normally charge a fee for every tip i give)

Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can I compete as a pro powerbuilder?

jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jontetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bballer99 View Post
    Can I compete as a pro powerbuilder?
    yes

Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jontetan View Post
    yes
    Thanks for the advice, how much do I need to pay you?

Originally Posted by Bballer99 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, how much do I need to pay you?
    i charge 50-70 bucks for an advice like that

but for you its free

Originally Posted by jontetan View Post
    i charge 50-70 bucks for an advice like that

but for you its free
    Cool thanks

extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50) extremegrape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    how much weights should i use when jerking?

lately i have used 30 lbs olympic plates, but the holes are bit too small, and it hurts like ****

ty in advance

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    What's your peak week generally look like?
    26.5" waist of peace.

janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000) janson8000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you could go back in time to when you started lifting, what advise would you give yourself
    "Giving up on your goal because of one setback is like slashing your other three tires because you got one flat."

EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any tips on how to increase appetite?
    Bench: 110kg
    Starting weight: 90lbs

Live like we've made it, before we've made it. That is the key to life.

EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EvanC100 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Oh yeah and can I keep increasing my strength without having to eat more? At my body weight what would good lifts be? My lifts are in my sig.
    Bench: 110kg
    Starting weight: 90lbs

Live like we've made it, before we've made it. That is the key to life.

Originally Posted by janson8000 View Post
    If you could go back in time to when you started lifting, what advise would you give yourself
    Hmmm... I don't know I like the way everything turned out. Eat more and dont be afraid to be fat?

Originally Posted by EvanC100 View Post
    Any tips on how to increase appetite?
    The more you force yourself to eat the easier it will be... Don't get discouraged by a big meal... When I first started to put on size it would take me an 30 mins to an hour to eat but now I can scarf down my meals in 5-10 mins

Originally Posted by EvanC100 View Post
    Oh yeah and can I keep increasing my strength without having to eat more? At my body weight what would good lifts be? My lifts are in my sig.
    You can maintain with a high protein diet... If your plan is to get big you should be eating in a big surplus

Originally Posted by saeedzamareh View Post
    i have 18 percent body fat and im 14 years old with the weight of 169 lbs should i build muscles (bulk) or lose fat?
    Don't worry about losing fat... Train your heart out and keep a high protein high carb moderate fat diet while bulking

Originally Posted by ColeV22 View Post
    I hope this is a serious thread.

I lifted about a year ago regularly then stopped, mainly because I didn't have a gym membership and although I had a bench, I didn't have a spotter really. (But this post isn't about that).

I trained this summer a bit, not exactly a workout routine but just getting back into shape really and I was wondering if the 5x5 routine is smart to do considering the story I just gave you. Also, here is my H/W (6' 160).

Do you recommend any plan in particular if you are just starting back up again to GAIN MUSCLE or would you just go with the beginners courses and work from there?

Thanks in advance.
    Easiest way for me to gain muscle when I was a beginner was high rep drop sets... Pumps are your friends! Engorge the muscle with blood and and strengthen your capillaries for more blood flow

Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Reppintothemax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Johneffer can you please check my thread out http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=163272031

I am not sure what to do with my current body and which routine to follow.

Bump

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Clears throat.
    26.5" waist of peace.

Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Sponge19 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you guys think there's any truth in the opinion of "Gain strength and then focus on size"?

By that I mean doing something like SS as a beginner then picking a "size focused" routine after, even if the ultimate aim is size from the start.

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sponge19 View Post
    Do you guys think there's any truth in the opinion of "Gain strength and then focus on size"?

By that I mean doing something like SS as a beginner then picking a "size focused" routine after, even if the ultimate aim is size from the start.
    Since size comes with progressive overload I think that it makes sense to chose a program which allows you to rapidly overload. The 'strength' based routines allow you to do this but sure, others work too

alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000) alex070707 is just really nice. (+1000)
    How fat do you get when in the offseason? Do you manipulate sodium during peak week?

Originally Posted by alex070707 View Post
    How fat do you get when in the offseason? Do you manipulate sodium during peak week?
    A lot of people swear by sodium manipulation. I find it bloats me. I always already come in dry enough.
    26.5" waist of peace.

AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) AlexRyan1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bit of a bro split but it will motivate me to get in the gym and train, is pull/push/legs/arms/off/repeat a reasonable routine even with its poverty frequency? just getting back into training after 3-4 months of doing nothing and living an unhealthy lifestyle lol
    Back to training log http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163233961
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆
    ★ DEADLIFT CREW ★
    ARSENAL CREW

Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Nitsua24 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    John Effer what is the absolute GOAT ab exercise for dat joocy 8 pack
    (I already do front squats, OHP, and DL variations but I need a direct core exercise)

legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Nitsua24 View Post
    John Effer what is the absolute GOAT ab exercise for dat joocy 8 pack
    (I already do front squats, OHP, and DL variations but I need a direct core exercise)
    Bicep curls.

They work abs indirectly along with other compound movements, there is no need to directly train abs.

Originally Posted by legitsrs View Post
    Bicep curls.

They work abs indirectly along with other compound movements, there is no need to directly train abs.
    shut up retard