tdolanxo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Concerned about gains :/

So I have been eating a little above my maintenance level (like 100-200 or not even) and lifting weights 5 days a week and cardio two days. I feel like I'm getting bigger and muscular however my stomach is getting squishy rolls again and I feel like my bf % is going up quickly because I gain fat very fast. I don't know what to do because if i eat less I will risk losing muscle and If I keep getting fatter it's detrimental to my muscular goals. I need help desperately because I want to gain muscle but stay lean so I figured id bulk then cut. I just don't want to go back to how I was before I lost weight in the first place.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tdolanxo View Post
    So I have been eating a little above my maintenance level (like 100-200 or not even) and lifting weights 5 days a week and cardio two days. I feel like I'm getting bigger and muscular however my stomach is getting squishy rolls again and I feel like my bf % is going up quickly because I gain fat very fast. I don't know what to do because if i eat less I will risk losing muscle and If I keep getting fatter it's detrimental to my muscular goals. I need help desperately because I want to gain muscle but stay lean so I figured id bulk then cut. I just don't want to go back to how I was before I lost weight in the first place.
    You've barely been at it for 2 weeks. People have already explained the process to you and how it works. Go back and reread through your previous threads.

You want to build muscle, bite the bullet and trust the process.

If you can't, you'll get nowhere.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Rest days are also important! (I need to tell myself this more) but seriously they are.
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jesus Christ. So you work out 7 days per week...why? And what kind of program has you lifting 5 days per week? Unless you have a ton of lifting experience, you shouldn't be doing a body part split. What reputable program are you following?

You do not gain fat faster than anyone else. A pound of fat requires a 3500 calorie surplus. If you know your maintenance and eat 100-200 over, it is impossible for you to be gaining fat rapidly. Especially if you are training properly. You are GOING to gain a LITTLE fat. You can't gain exclusively muscle. But even if 100% of your additional weight went to fat, you'd only be gaining a max of 1/2 lb per week.

How long have you been bulking?
    How much have you gained?

Women can only gain around 1/2 lb of muscle per month. You have to keep at it and accept the fat gain that comes with it or you'll never progress. How hard is it to lose a lb of fat? Not hard. How hard is it to gain a lb of muscle? HARD.

Posts like this make me wanna tear my face off.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Registered User PlayingForKeeps's Avatar
    PlayingForKeeps has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tdolanxo View Post
    OP - You are probably just feeling bloated from water weight. Any time you make a significant change to your workout routine or diet, you could hang onto water weight for up to 6 weeks while everything adjusts. Take it from someone who lost a lot of weight and who fears it coming back overnight - it really can't. And, if it helps, remind yourself that you lost weight before... if you go up a couple pounds you know exactly what you need to do to lose them. Losing weight is a slow process, and so is gaining muscle.... you just have to embrace the idea that this is a marathon and not a sprint. We're all taking part in the same process together.

Citrine has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One pound of fat = 3552 calories.
    You're barely going over your maintenance, so unless you've been at it for a while, you likely have not made that much fat gains. Also, it takes forever for women to make significant muscle gains, so it's probably not that either. Maybe you're just retaining water.