igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000)

Two new jobs this month in the fitness field!

My education, application, and dedication to fitness has finally paid off. Two years after taking a hiatus from two years in the kinesiology field study and becoming NSCA certified as a trainer, I landed a job with a local fitness chain and just this week got hired by my university to work as a trainer at our monstrous 4-floor facility! In the future, the director might even have me lead a group TRX suspension class. The first job involves some sales, but I am fine with that. I am fine with being employed right now since previously I had struggled with my living situation and finances. I don't have the finances to be self-employed (gym rent, liability insurance, and self-employment tax are all factors). Additionally, my local news crew is coming Monday to do a story on me based on my success of overcoming morbid obesity and now starting a new chapter in this field. The university job will require no selling. The clients are assigned to me, and neither place has a no-compete clause (would not make sense to since clients are obtained in different ways....university is typically students, faculty and staff).

What has really helped me come this far has been to shadow other professionals in the community, keep up with reading studies as well as stuff from the pros in the field, and of course, application in my own life (realizing that no two people have the same program design).

I was very successful in demonstrating my knowledge in this field, that this has been much more than going and obtaining a piece of paper that says I am certified as a trainer and going to school in the sciences behind this....I demonstrated that I understand program design based on different populations and the foundations of that. I am so thankful. Some of you know that I have been depressed over my local college's director of kinesiology being biased against me, saying I merely lost weight and that I would be of no use to anyone in the field. Well, now my boss, the personal training director of that company, the company's PR, and the director of kinesiology at the university at my other job all feel that I am of great use. When I told my company's PR about what the local college director said, she said, "did he have a lobotomy?!" Ha!

Best.Summer.Everrrr!

nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50) nortonplus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Gjdm.

Good luck with the gigs.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congratulations! Wishing you great success.

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job!

" local college's director of kinesiology being biased against me, saying I merely lost weight and that I would be of no use to anyone"

Well . . . . . screw this a$$hole.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    With your degree, knowledge, certification and experience, you are definitely an asset to any fitness facility.

Congrats
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congratulations!

I remember you posted your before and after pictures here, and your transformation is truly incredible.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck and enjoy

Has new batteries! DuracellBunny's Avatar
    DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DuracellBunny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Grats OP.

As you are employed at a university, ask about continuing professional education, as they often have budgets for x amount of training per year from inhouse sources. You may well find that you can take physio, biochem, biophysics etc as either formal credits or electives. Depending on whether the university has a medical school attached, you could even get certified in cardiac rehab.

Not only would you gain more qualifications, you might even get a pay rise as a consequence, which is never a bad thing.
    Screw nature; my body will do what I DAMN WELL tell it to do!

The only dangerous thing about an exercise is the person doing it.

They had the technology to rebuild me. They made me better, stronger, faster......

igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000) igsm1969 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks! I am hoping to continue my education in kinesiology/exercise physiology in the future, but for now will likely certify in NASM's corrective exercise (CEC) and special pops. While to many, those are a piece of paper, I see them as furthering my education. With my local news channel coming Monday to do the story on this new chapter in my life all the way from morbid obesity, I am hoping the day training job will bring in new clients from the viewing area. The college clients are given to me as those who request that time slot. I am excited because the thought of helping people transform, or playing the part of it (they have to actually commit and take action) is very rewarding.

Originally Posted by DuracellBunny View Post
    Grats OP.

As you are employed at a university, ask about continuing professional education, as they often have budgets for x amount of training per year from inhouse sources. You may well find that you can take physio, biochem, biophysics etc as either formal credits or electives. Depending on whether the university has a medical school attached, you could even get certified in cardiac rehab.

Not only would you gain more qualifications, you might even get a pay rise as a consequence, which is never a bad thing.

does curls in power racks yaaar's Avatar
    yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yaaar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats! That sounds like some awesome stuff.

I think somebody that had actually gone through the process of going from bad health to good health would have some very good and unique insight on the subject, especially one that is dedicated enough to the subject to make that their career. Your former director is short sighted.
    Don't listen to me, I'm in terrible shape.

ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ S̶m̶2̶s̶m̶ Bm2bm crew (---S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar to S̶q̶u̶a̶t̶ Bench Moar---)

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

OP,

I remember you posting here before about your fight against morbid obesity and the huge amount of weight you lost.

You earned this every step of the way and don't let anyone tell you different. This is totally inspirational.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1