TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

are squats necessary for size?

so apparently my squat form is sh*t because of flexibility, but the issue lies in the fact that i foam roll non stop and stretch and do mobility stuff yet even with a front squat i lean forward. it seems like it will be impossible for me to ever fix this and it pisses meboff a lot.

i guess what im wondering is if i even need squats to gain size i my legs. could i not just do leg press, hack squats, leg ext/curl, lunges, bb split squats, and deads? i really wanted to get good at front squats but it seems my form is sh*t and despite efforts to fix it there is no way i can sit down w a completely straight back. any thoughts on this?

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nothing is necessary for anything. I had mobility problems with squats too, what finally solved them was deep Bulgarian split squats, grab some dumbbells, a bench and get as low as you can.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No, it isn't necessary for size (although it's pretty damn close).. but what is necessary is dedication. Jumping ship because you haven't yet been able to do it successfully is not the proper way to go abouts it. Keep working on it man! My squat form started off god awful but the more I post videos and accept criticism the better they're getting. Stick with it - they're the most beneficial exercise there is.

TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by mobikwa View Post
    Nothing is necessary for anything. I had mobility problems with squats too, what finally solved them was deep Bulgarian split squats, grab some dumbbells, a bench and get as low as you can.
    can u elaborate more? all u did were those and when u came back to squats u were healed?

Originally Posted by MikePlow View Post
    No, it isn't necessary for size (although it's pretty damn close).. but what is necessary is dedication. Jumping ship because you haven't yet been able to do it successfully is not the proper way to go abouts it. Keep working on it man! My squat form started off god awful but the more I post videos and accept criticism the better they're getting. Stick with it - they're the most beneficial exercise there is.
    ive powerlifted for 7 yrs and hit a 435 sq in competition at 170 lbs but even w endless mobility work and foam rolling i still lean forward.

MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikePlow is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TheWickerman View Post
    ive powerlifted for 7 yrs and hit a 435 sq in competition at 170 lbs but even w endless mobility work and foam rolling i still lean forward.
    Gotcha. In that case, your legs will still grow just fine with the exercises you listed. But I still suggest you work on it Best of luck dude!

pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pch340 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You definitely don't need squats to build your legs, but the more important issue is the fact that you can't squat.

Squatting is one of the most essential human forms of movement and the fact that you can't do it properly indicates there is some imbalance you should correct before you continue with your weight training or you will **** **** up.

YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) YolkedPinoy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe you're leaning forward because of a weak lower back. How often do you deadlift?

Maybe try some goodmornings