Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    More like CaptainRehab CaptainProtein's Avatar
    CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Arrow Layne Norton and Jake Wilson on meal timing

This isn't new and may have been posted before but I thought I'd mention it to get an idea what you guys thought about it.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-college.html
    episode 2 is the broadcast in question.
    If you skip to 23:30 you will hear Layne's opinion that meal(or rather just protein) timing IS relevant to muscle building and better protein synthesis even though it seems to be commonly accepted otherwise.

I highly recommend listening to the entire thing if you have time because there was also some fascinating stuff on muscle memory, IF, and leucine along with it's effectiveness in protein synthesis(especially for vegetarians) as well
    Last edited by CaptainProtein; 07-25-2014 at 09:09 PM.
    Skinny because of muscle tear crew

Shoulder labrum repair performed 7/7/2015

ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when's he say is the best time?

CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50) CaptainProtein will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ThunderBee View Post
    when's he say is the best time?
    I believe he said getting a meal with adequate protein every 3-4 hours

ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThunderBee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just listened, he said "Even if you ate the same amount of protein per day, if you aren't distributing it properly over multiple meals to get multiple protein synthesis responses, you're not going to have optimal outcomes of muscle mass."

he also said if you're eating over 40 grams of protein in one meal to compensate for lower protein earlier in the day, you aren't going to synthesize it as well or even at all.

Bob808 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I'm new here and will probably get flamed, but I did my undergrad degree in nutrition at the same school he got his PhD, and I've read/followed Layne a bit over the last several years, and isn't he up past like 700 lbs on the deadlift and keeps claiming to be all natural? Leucine and meal timing eh?

ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ZMan45 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Layne's views on leucine/protein dosing are pretty well documented in this forum. In terms of maximizing all avenues of anabolism, there's undoubtedly merit to it. At the same time, he is sponsored by a company that sells BCAA product.

Originally Posted by Bob808 View Post
    I'm new here and will probably get flamed, but I did my undergrad degree in nutrition at the same school he got his PhD, and I've read/followed Layne a bit over the last several years, and isn't he up past like 700 lbs on the deadlift and keeps claiming to be all natural? Leucine and meal timing eh?
    I won't make claims that I know the facts about his nattyness, although he did post evidence of his results from a random offseason drug screening so I like to believe he's innocent until proven guilty

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very interesting topic. Thanks for the share. I will listen to it later.

http://www.rxmuscle.com/2013-01-11-0...e-college.html

Originally Posted by CaptainProtein View Post
    If you skip to 23:30 you will hear Layne's opinion that meal(or rather just protein) timing IS relevant to muscle building and better protein synthesis even though it seems to be commonly accepted otherwise.

I highly recommend listening to the entire thing if you have time because there was also some fascinating stuff on muscle memory, IF, and leucine along with it's effectiveness in protein synthesis(especially for vegetarians) as well
    That seems to match some of the ideas of Dr. Stuart Phillips here: http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/...uart-phillips/

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    He recommends a protein dose every 4-5 hours
    Most of the stuff I have seen has 4 meals a day as a sweet spot
    Routinely out performs 2 and 6 meals a day
    And this is for controlling total protein intake over 24 hours
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One thing I don't understand is that claim of more than 40 gram will not be optimal. If we eat protein with fat, carbs, fibre it will take many more hours than 4 to be fully digested right? So how can it make a difference?

By the way, the fans of intermittent fasting should definitely listen to it.
    Last edited by Mrpb; 07-25-2014 at 10:18 PM.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    One thing I don't understand is that claim of more than 40 gram will not be optimal. If we eat protein with fat, carbs, fibre it will take many more hours than 4 to be fully digested right? So how can it make a difference?

i dont buy into the 20 or 40 gram per meal or any othe figure
    Y?
    Why would it make sense that a 5'6" 140lb guy would use or need the same as a 6'5" 240lb guy
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    i dont buy into the 20 or 40 gram per meal or any othe figure
    Y?
    Why would it make sense that a 5'6" 140lb guy would use or need the same as a 6'5" 240lb guy
    Well that's a good point but I can also understand that they don't want to give ranges all the time for simplicity's sake. I'm assuming it's a rough average number for the average guy, probably somewhere around 180 pounds.

Which would make sense, ~4 servings of ~40 grams.

Stuart Phillips does brake it down:
    From an optimal standpoint, however, there are benefits of ingesting protein intakes as high as 1.6-1.8 g/kg/d [0.73-0.81 g/lb/d], which we further breakdown to ~4 meals of 0.4-0.45 g/kg/meal, in a day.
    http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/...uart-phillips/

Well that's a good point but I can also understand that they don't want to give ranges all the time for simplicity's sake. I'm assuming it's a rough average number for the average guy, probably somewhere around 180 pounds.

Which would make sense, ~4 servings of ~40 grams.

Stuart Phillips does brake it down:

http://www.leanbodiesconsulting.com/...uart-phillips/
    yes that makes more sense
    my general rules of thumb are

1. at least 1g/lb a day
    2. 4 ingestion times a day (range 3-5)
    3. at least .25g/lb for WO
    and lesser important
    4. Focus on complete sources
    Founder of MMDELAD

mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mrzeusone is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know this thread is about the Podcast by Layne Norton and Jake Wilson. I thought it was relevant to add this so the average joe is not sent into hysteria trying to eat 4 meals a day at 4.-5g/kg/meal. Even though I believe this is somewhat a normal characteristic of the majority of eating regiments regardless of effort. Also so they see who nutrient timing is actually is directed towards.

And bear in mind, this will always be far more important than timing.

Alan Aragon -
    The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing

The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    “We didn’t find any reason to rush to the locker room and do that whey dextrose slammer, after your last set of squat rack curls.” Alan Aragon

Current PRs:
    Deadlift 210kg
    Squat 190kg
    Bench 120kg

^ I agree with what you said and wanted to add that both the image and the 'law" are from Alan. I think it's fair to say that Alan is in the more liberal camp on the nutrient timing debate. He doesn't see it making a significant difference in most cases. Norton looks at the same science and comes to a slightly different conclusion.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've gotten into this argument before, but taken to an extreme, of course meal timing matters, otherwise you could eat your weekly calories and two days, fast for the next 5 and expect the same results.

That being said it matters far less than the bro-science of the 80's and 90's.

I think the idea of "timing doesn't matter at all" was propagated in response to the types that acted as if you were sipping raw eggs in your workout you would lose your gains.

Somewhere there is a happy, optimal, medium, perhaps the idea in the OP video is it, perhaps it will be somewhere else.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Rate of digestion has nothing to do with activation/duration of protein synthesis.

Optimal protein synthesis requires a certain treshold of hyperaminoacidemia (elevated levels of amino acids in your blood), and a certain dose of leucine. When you eat something, nutrients are released into the blood stream fairly quickly. The duration of hyperaminoacidemia depends on things like protein source (e.g. whey vs cassein) and dose.

Now, when you eat an amount of protein above a certain level, protein oxidation will increase. All protein will be absorbed, but not all protein can be used for protein synthesis. Also bear in mind the fact that once amino acids in the blood are spiked, these levels will gradually lower in time, depending on the dose this will generally happen after 3-4 hours (even with cassein). Levels below the required treshold of hyperaminoacidemia will not sufficiently activate protein synthesis.

Basically, keeping up a state of hyperaminoacidemia will optimise gains. Hence, you will need a certain spread of your protein intake across the day, e.g. eating every 3-4.5 hours.

With adequate protein intake, and a rational diet consisting of several meals per day, you will likely remain in a state of hyperaminoacidemia sufficiently to optimise muscle building. Hence the difference between say 4 or 6 meals spread across the day won't really matter.

Nutrient timing isn't irrelevant to body composition, as I commonly see people claiming these days, it's just not really something to break your head over when you rationally consume several meals spread across the day.

(and yes this is all well documented)

(and people probably shouldn't do IF for bulking due to the above, as well as lower phosphorylation rates of mTOR which could reduce protein synthesis)

naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) naturalguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Meal timing does matter, while hitting your daily macros is important competitive athletes are always looking for whats optimal and this is where meal timing comes into play. What you eat and when you eat can greatly affect your performance in the gym which does affect body composition.
    Free Agent

Instagram.com/naturalguy2.0

Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    Basically, keeping up a state of hyperaminoacidemia will optimise gains. Hence, you will need a certain spread of your protein intake across the day, e.g. eating every 3-4.5 hours.
    Interesting Michiel.

What do you think of Alan's article?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MichielN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Interesting Michiel.

What do you think of Alan's article?
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/
    Only skimmed through that article, but like I said, all the protein you eat will be absorbed and utilised or oxidized for energy (thus eating it all at once won't make you deficient), but that does not mean it is all used for protein synthesis. For example, there is data showing that above a certain treshold, protein/leucine is oxidized. Obviously that cannot be used for protein synthesis.

Either way:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19628107

From the full text: "However, in TDR, the whole daily protein intake was spread more evenly over time due to the ingestion of the second portion of the supplement late in the evening approximately 2.5 hours after dinner. This could prolong the duration of moderate amino acidemia each day and lead to an increase in protein deposition and fat-free body mass over several weeks."

I think there is plenty of data to support spreading protein across the day. We might not be pros but that does not mean we cannot seek to optimise gains, so in my view we should best play it safe whenever possible and try to spread our protein across the day whenever possible (i.e. it shouldn't dictate your life, obviously).

4-6 meals won't really be life changing to most people I think, e.g. breakfast, lunch, dinner, pre-bed, + perhaps a snack or shake somewhere in between.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MichielN View Post
    Rate of digestion has nothing to do with activation/duration of protein synthesis.

Optimal protein synthesis requires a certain treshold of hyperaminoacidemia (elevated levels of amino acids in your blood), and a certain dose of leucine. When you eat something, nutrients are released into the blood stream fairly quickly. The duration of hyperaminoacidemia depends on things like protein source (e.g. whey vs cassein) and dose.

Now, when you eat an amount of protein above a certain level, protein oxidation will increase. All protein will be absorbed, but not all protein can be used for protein synthesis. Also bear in mind the fact that once amino acids in the blood are spiked, these levels will gradually lower in time, depending on the dose this will generally happen after 3-4 hours (even with cassein). Levels below the required treshold of hyperaminoacidemia will not sufficiently activate protein synthesis.

With adequate protein intake, and a rational diet consisting of several meals per day, you will likely remain in a state of hyperaminoacidemia sufficiently to optimise muscle building. Hence the difference between say 4 or 6 meals spread across the day won't really matter.

Nutrient timing isn't irrelevant to body composition, as I commonly see people claiming these days, it's just not really something to break your head over when you rationally consume several meals spread across the day.

(and yes this is all well documented)

(and people probably shouldn't do IF for bulking due to the above, as well as lower phosphorylation rates of mTOR which could reduce protein synthesis)

This post should be stickied.

Quoted so it doesn't get missed.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000) chessboxxn is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pursuit of optimal conditions can certainly lead to 'analysis paralysis.'

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    I've got a meta-analysis on meal frequency's effect of body composition in peer review right now, should be fun once it gets published

PS - I did a more recent discussion of meal frequency within this paper (my article Mrpb linked is showing some age): http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20
    Last edited by alan aragon; 07-26-2014 at 02:42 PM.

alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz alan aragon has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by mrzeusone View Post
    I know this thread is about the Podcast by Layne Norton and Jake Wilson. I thought it was relevant to add this so the average joe is not sent into hysteria trying to eat 4 meals a day at 4.-5g/kg/meal. Even though I believe this is somewhat a normal characteristic of the majority of eating regiments regardless of effort. Also so they see who nutrient timing is actually is directed towards.

And bear in mind, this will always be far more important than timing.

Alan Aragon -
    The Primary Laws of Nutrient Timing

The First Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    The Second Law of Nutrient Timing is: hitting your daily macronutrient targets is FAR more important than nutrient timing.
    There's an updated nutrient timing continuum in this paper, see figure 1: http://www.jissn.com/content/11/1/20

Maybe I'm wrong but when I listened to it I interpreted it as 40 grams would be equally effective at stimulating a response, not worse

Originally Posted by alan aragon View Post
    I've got a meta-analysis on meal frequency's effect of body composition in peer review right now, should be fun once it gets published
    Looking forward to it.

Can you comment on the discussion in this thread: Layne Norton and Stuart Phillips are suggesting that 40 gram of protein per meal gives the optimal response and more wouldn't really be useful.

Going by your 2010 article I thought the limit was much higher: http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...a-single-meal/

Is that article still valid or has your opinion changed?

Maybe I'm wrong but when I listened to it I interpreted it as 40 grams would be equally effective at stimulating a response, not worse
    The part I was referring to is around minute 23:00.

Eating 80 grams isn't going to give you more protein synthesis than 40 grams.

The part I was referring to is around minute 23:00.

Eating 80 grams isn't going to give you more protein synthesis than 40 grams.
    Yeah so basically it's equal protein synthesis from 40g vs 80g, so the bigger person requiring more protein will still meet his daily intake, just at the same protein synthesis rate of the person who only needed 40

Yeah so basically it's equal protein synthesis from 40g vs 80g, so the bigger person requiring more protein will still meet his daily intake, just at the same protein synthesis rate of the person who only needed 40
    I think you may be referring to something else than I am.

Here's what I'm interested in: let's assume a 180 pound trainee that 'needs' 160 gram protein per day to perform optimal. Going by Norton and Phillips 4 meals of 40 grams would be optimal.

Going by Alan's article though one would not have to distribute protein like that. 2 meals of 30 and 1 meal of 100 would give equal results.

I wonder how strong the data is that supports Norton & Phillips case. I will have to spend more time researching this.

BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000) BULLandTERRIER is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I will have to spend more time researching this.
    Spend more time in the gym ... You are going full OCD on all this optimal protein amount/timing.

Read this: Is there a maximal anabolic response to protein intake with a meal?

http://www.clinicalnutritionjournal....266-X/fulltext
    KOSOVO IS SERBIA

"Talk all you want about arcane bodybuilding theories. I'll be in the gym. It's leg day"
    -Dave Draper

"Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back."
    -Henry Rollins

"What is good? — All that heightens the feeling of power, the will to power, power itself in man ... The feeling that power increases — that a resistance is overcome."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Originally Posted by BULLandTERRIER View Post
    Spend more time in the gym
    Probably not a good idea Already spending too much time in there.

... You are going full OCD on all this optimal protein amount/timing.
    True. I want to get to the bottom of this. I'm not sure that's possible though. Thanks for the link. Will read it.