KingOfTheGods has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

In a bit of a pickle!!

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and don't really know my way about yet so if there is a sticky containing the info I need then please just direct me to where I need to go, thanks .

So here's my problem, I'm finding it incredibly hard to loose weight, I don't like most vegetables or healthy foods so it's almost impossible for me to be able to stick to a diet plan, my main goal is to loose weight and get fit so I can re-apply for the Royal Marines as I was a bit naughty (and a bit more stupid) a while back and have had to wait, in the mean time id say I've put on a good 2.5 to 3 stone, I'm doing my cardio and all that but not seeing results and I know it has to be down to my eating, what I would like to know is, is there any way around the eating problem, and could anyone point me in the right direction of what cutting supplements actually do work, also if I end up getting desperate could someone enlighten me on steroid use for weight loss and what sort of results I might see (oral only though) as I've never used them before and I don't really want to but it's getting to that point where I'm willing to do almost anything to get rid of this podge, any and all help is very much appreciated , thanks for reading.

vaytma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is no way around eating problem, unless you are willing to do very high amounts of cardio or other calorieburning activities, since the formula is quite simple: weight loss = calories burnt > calories consumed.

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The foods you eat are irrelevant for fat loss mate, you just need to focus on calories and macros.

Not eating enough vegetables is a problem for micronutrient sufficiency, some of which can be remedied with a good multivitamin. Get your calories and macros in order first, and then slowly do what you can do find specific vegetables you like and can make work.

Basic Fat Loss Process

1. Calculate your calories and macros
    2. Eat about 20% less calories than you burn each day while still meeting minimum protein and fat. Get the remainder of cals from carbs.
    3. Buy a kitchen scale and weigh everything that you eat.
    4. Count calories using a site like MyFitnessPal. Here's how to count accurately.
    5. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle mass, on a structured program (see below). Why not your own routine? Read this.
    6. Cardio is optional; do it if you like to increase your calorie deficit. Do it on off days from lifting and don't let it interfere with recovery.
    7. Still not losing weight? Stuck on a plateau? Read this. And remember, you are not special.

Beginner Workout Programs:
    All Pro's Beginner Routine
    Stronglifts 5x5
    Fierce 5
    Starting Strength
    Ice Cream Fitness 5X5

How to lift properly

Counting calories accurately requires precision. Read these:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154981223
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/op...tive.html?_r=0

And watch this informative video with terrible music: http://youtu.be/JVjWPclrWVY

Thanks for the replies , I thought the same as you vaytma which was why I was willing to use steroids, but dmcdonal9 has enlightened me, I'm not too sure what a macro is though lol, I'm really not the sciencey type when It comes to nutrients and other things for your body I'm pretty bog standard, but from what I gathered you mean as long as I have a calorie deficiency and I get the calories and fat from decent foods then there shouldn't be a problem with loosing weight? I am willing to do very high amounts of cardio as my fitness level has to be very high upon re-entry, what sorts of foods would you suggest that has the best nutritional value for my type of endeavour? Thanks again guys.

Thankyou for the links to the information also dmacdonal9, I agree that video has terrible music lol, also sorry for spelling your name wrong the first time lol, I guess measuring calories is maybe my problem, I'll have a go at measuring everything properly and see how that goes, so measure calories right with a deficiency of 20% + intense cardio and heavy weights must = weight loss, so it's pretty straight forward right? Are there any weight loss formulas/tablets that could help this process that you would recommend or would you say they are just a placebo effect?

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weight loss supplements are mostly just really really expensive caffeine pills. If you are having problems with energy and appetite you can look into a EC stack, but it's not necessary if you are not having any trouble.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingOfTheGods View Post
    as long as I have a calorie deficiency and I get the calories and fat from decent foods then there shouldn't be a problem with loosing weight? I am willing to do very high amounts of cardio as my fitness level has to be very high upon re-entry, what sorts of foods would you suggest that has the best nutritional value for my type of endeavour? Thanks again guys.
    Macros are protein, fat and carbs. The same calories and macros from any foods will yield the same fat loss results. People have a hard time accepting the notion, but carbs from broccoli and carbs from white bread yield the same fat loss results. They differ in terms of satiety and other health benefits, but those are separate issues.

If you're going to be training hard, keep carbs as high as you can (within your calorie limit) without allowing protein and fat to fall below adequate levels.

For example, if you eat 2500 calories per day, you might try 190g protein, 90g fat, and 223g carbs.

So would you say that fat loss pills are basically useless for actually burning fat them selves znik?

Ahh right I think I understand a bit more now then, it's just a case of sorting out the right foods and getting the right intake of nutrients and the right amount, I think I might be able to manage that with some hard work, thanks mac if you don't mind me calling you that lol

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So would you say that fat loss pills are basically useless for actually burning fat them selves znik?
    About the same effect as a couple of coffees, the main "effective" ingredient in fat loss pills (unless prescription ones) is caffeine, they just throw in all the other fancy sounding herbs and ingredients to make it appear magical and awesome. So you can either drink some coffee or buy some caffeine pills for pretty much the same effect and far cheaper than "fat burners".
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1. It's lose weight not loose weight.

2. You seem to be willing to do ANYTHING but control your eating. Like others have said, WHAT you eat is not nearly as important as HOW MUCH.

You could lose weight eating nothing but brownies and chocolate. The problem is you will spend most of the day hungry because it's going to take a very small amount of brownies and chocolate to hit your calorie limit.

The reason vegetables are so important and that most dieters learn to love them is because you can eat TONS of vegetables and they are full of micronutrients and FILL YOU UP.

If you really want to lose weight the ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO is find your TDEE and eat under our calorie limit. That's it. Do that day in and day out and you will lose weight gauranteed.

Doing this may involve hunger. It may involve denying yourself. But from your post I can tell that it's not really hunger that's your problem, it's the desire to eat, which is totally different.
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

Originally Posted by Compy386 View Post
    1. It's lose weight not loose weight.

2. You seem to be willing to do ANYTHING but control your eating. Like others have said, WHAT you eat is not nearly as important as HOW MUCH.

You could lose weight eating nothing but brownies and chocolate. The problem is you will spend most of the day hungry because it's going to take a very small amount of brownies and chocolate to hit your calorie limit.

The reason vegetables are so important and that most dieters learn to love them is because you can eat TONS of vegetables and they are full of micronutrients and FILL YOU UP.

If you really want to lose weight the ONLY THING YOU HAVE TO DO is find your TDEE and eat under our calorie limit. That's it. Do that day in and day out and you will lose weight gauranteed.

Doing this may involve hunger. It may involve denying yourself. But from your post I can tell that it's not really hunger that's your problem, it's the desire to eat, which is totally different.
    Sorry my mistake on the spelling. That was very helpful and made me realise I few things about my own eating habits actually, so what is a TDEE? I'm not as smart on dieting as I am training so I don't know the abbreviations people are coming out with lol, now you've notified me that it is more the quantity I've got to watch I am more than willing to alter that, I am willing to do ANYTHING to loose weight, i could blend vegetables together and just drink them quickly (although it will be disgusting to me) and that would be the equivalent to eating a healthy meal right? And also I could use that as a sort of meal replacement?

Ahh I understand znik so they are just useless basically and very over prices, thank you both for the helpful info guys 👍

I don't like many vegetables either. But more than half the problem is preparation.

If you put a plate of steamed broccoli in front of me, I'm probably not going to eat it. But if you melt some butter on there with some sea salt, or maybe cheese whiz or whatever, I'll quite enjoy it.

Toss some corn and peas in a bowl of rice with chicken and make a basic stir fry with soy sauce.

I'll even eat raw broccoli and cauliflower with a nice creamy chipotle dip.

You just need to get over the horror of adding fat and salt to your diet. Salt is a non-issue for athletic folks in a calorie deficit, and butter is a fine way to get the fat you need.

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    I don't like many vegetables either. But more than half the problem is preparation.

If you put a plate of steamed broccoli in front of me, I'm probably not going to eat it. But if you melt some butter on there with some sea salt, or maybe cheese whiz or whatever, I'll quite enjoy it.

Toss some corn and peas in a bowl of rice with chicken and make a basic stir fry with soy sauce.

I'll even eat raw broccoli and cauliflower with a nice creamy chipotle dip.

You just need to get over the horror of adding fat and salt to your diet. Salt is a non-issue for athletic folks in a calorie deficit, and butter is a fine way to get the fat you need.
    Learning to cook is pretty damn helpful when it comes to cutting.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831

singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000) singeress is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sorry my mistake on the spelling. That was very helpful and made me realise I few things about my own eating habits actually, so what is a TDEE? I'm not as smart on dieting as I am training so I don't know the abbreviations people are coming out with lol, now you've notified me that it is more the quantity I've got to watch I am more than willing to alter that, I am willing to do ANYTHING to loose weight, i could blend vegetables together and just drink them quickly (although it will be disgusting to me) and that would be the equivalent to eating a healthy meal right? And also I could use that as a sort of meal replacement?

Ahh I understand znik so they are just useless basically and very over prices, thank you both for the helpful info guys
    TDEE stands for "Total Daily Energy Expenditure"; it's basically how many calories your body burns each day or how many calories your body would need to maintain your current weight.

Dmacdonal9 was pretty spot on with his first post. The first thing you need to do is figure out your maintenance, with the calories and macros sticky:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

Or if you have a hard time following the information, I would recommend this online calculator to figure out your maintenance:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

To lose weight, you need to eat in a calorie deficit as in less calories than you burn each day.

Although the online calculator I posted doesn't mention then protein and fat macros... (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) but you should aim for 1g of protein and 0.4g of fat per pound you have of lean body mass.

I would highly recommend weighing out your food, since eye-balling can be highly inaccurate for your calorie counting.

And although, you technically can eat whatever you want ( whether it's "junk" food" or not) as long as you hit your macro requirements and stay in a calorie deficit, I would recommend eating whole foods that fill you up.

There are other filling foods aside from vegetables, such as oatmeal, eggs, chicken, most high protein foods, salads, diet soda, shirataki noodles, sugar free jello, protein fluff, chugging water, and whatever satiates you personally.
    Last edited by singeress; 07-26-2014 at 02:41 PM.

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Figuring out your TDEE is important. You get a free amount of calories each day for just being alive. That's considered your maintenance. Mine is around 2700. I always thought I had to burn off EVERYTHING I ate to lose weight. Didn't realize I would lose weight on subtracting 500 calories off my 2700 each day. It's really not that hard if you are dedicated.
    Currently cutting

Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Compy386 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Mine is a dab of ranch dressing. The real stuff. Put a dab (usually 1 oz for me) on a heaping mound of veggies and it becomes extremely enjoyable.

That said you don't have to eat ANY vegetables if you really don't want to. Like I said before just stay under your calorie limit and weight loss is garaunteed.

If you don't lose it means you miscalculated your daily needs or aren't weighing your food / tracking cals correctly. Solve the former by lowering intake by 250 or so every week or two until you start to lose. Solve the latter by weighing everything on a digital scale and accounting for trace calories (sugar free gum or cooking spray like Pam actually have calories).

No vegetables required.
    Started 2013: 450 lbs
    Success 2014: 270 lbs
    Failure 2015-2016: 375 lbs
    Old Thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163377891

Starting again.

Thumbs up

That's great information guys I feel fairly confident in starting a competent diet now, thank you all so much for the help! I've decided to get my veggies in I'm going to blend some and drink it In a smoothie instead, sooo does anybody have any good recipes or ideas how I could make it a good healthy meal replacement? Thanks again guys!