Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Carb Re-Feed day - Do's & Don'ts !?

Evening,

I have my 3rd ever carb re-feed day tomorrow. Tomorrow is Shoulders, but I am adding, arms and abs. My workout is around 1.30pm for 45 mins, then 30 mins fast walking.

When I carb loaded last week I had bagels, low fat cream cheese, crumpets and strawberry jam. I have just read that I should keep my sugar intake down, so that's the Jam out the window! Plan for tomorrow so far:

Total Calories - 2,743 (cutting normally at 2,150)

Carbs - 422g *Sugar 111g* (Normally 130g~)
    Fat - 24g
    Protein -129g

Food for the day:

Porridge 40g
    Skimmed Milk - 195ml
    Whey Protein - 60g
    Pink Grapefruit Juice 300ml
    Cream Cheese Low fat - 200g
    Crumpets 6 off (570cals)
    Cinnamon and Raisen Bagels - 5 off
    Apple - 1 off
    Cottage Cheese - 1 tub 300g

This are split through the day, Porridge & an Apple are the only things I will have pre-workout.

Looking for advice on the above for a re-feed day and the do's and don'ts. What I should do the day after, should I change what I'm eating etc.

Thanks.
    "Know Thyself"
    "Ain't Dizzy? Ain't doing it right!"
    "Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."

Bench: 845
    Squat: 880
    Deadlift: 1010
    Lying is fun...

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Turbodynamics View Post
    Evening,

I have my 3rd ever carb re-feed day tomorrow. Tomorrow is Shoulders, but I am adding, arms and abs. My workout is around 1.30pm for 45 mins, then 30 mins fast walking.

When I carb loaded last week I had bagels, low fat cream cheese, crumpets and strawberry jam. I have just read that I should keep my sugar intake down, so that's the Jam out the window! Plan for tomorrow so far:

Total Calories - 2,743 (cutting normally at 2,150)

Carbs - 422g *Sugar 111g* (Normally 130g~)
    Fat - 24g
    Protein -129g

Food for the day:

Porridge 40g
    Skimmed Milk - 195ml
    Whey Protein - 60g
    Pink Grapefruit Juice 300ml
    Cream Cheese Low fat - 200g
    Crumpets 6 off (570cals)
    Cinnamon and Raisen Bagels - 5 off
    Apple - 1 off
    Cottage Cheese - 1 tub 300g

This are split through the day, Porridge & an Apple are the only things I will have pre-workout.

Looking for advice on the above for a re-feed day and the do's and don'ts. What I should do the day after, should I change what I'm eating etc.

Thanks.
    That looks pretty good. You're keeping fats at a minimum and raising carbs. However protein seems pretty low.
    If you're 178lb try to get at least 145g of protein I would say.
    Make sure to hit the gym hard the next day and go back to your standard deficit. Refeeds really help with energy levels imo.
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10) Turbodynamics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WaterSnatcher View Post
    That looks pretty good. You're keeping fats at a minimum and raising carbs. However protein seems pretty low.
    If you're 178lb try to get at least 145g of protein I would say.
    Make sure to hit the gym hard the next day and go back to your standard deficit. Refeeds really help with energy levels imo.
    Yeah I wasn't sure about the protein, I'll throw in another protein shake or another tub of cottage cheese.
    That's the thing I wasn't sure whether to hit the gym hard before carbing up or the day after.
    Thanks for the advice.
    "Know Thyself"
    "Ain't Dizzy? Ain't doing it right!"
    "Obstacles are those frightening things that become visible when we take our eyes off our goals."

Bench: 845
    Squat: 880
    Deadlift: 1010
    Lying is fun...

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    close to 0 fats as possible, 0.8g protein per lb of lbm, the rest carbs.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?