Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)

My focus needs more focus

Have you ever had nothing? I mean energy, desire, emotion. I love squat day but there i stood, staring at the rack, hating the music, wanting to sleep. I could do nothing to get fired up. The bar wouldn't sit right. My hips were unhappy. I kept backing out of the rack and having to adjust and readjust my feet. I lowered the weight a little and got work done but man, it sucked.

Do you every get like that? What do you do? How do you get focused?
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #68 ▪██─────██▪

Current plan:
    Very organized. Well-coached.
    Goal - be strong and not fat

Draco79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Rajon25 View Post
    Have you ever had nothing? I mean energy, desire, emotion. I love squat day but there i stood, staring at the rack, hating the music, wanting to sleep. I could do nothing to get fired up. The bar wouldn't sit right. My hips were unhappy. I kept backing out of the rack and having to adjust and readjust my feet. I lowered the weight a little and got work done but man, it sucked.

Do you every get like that? What do you do? How do you get focused?
    I get those days, just like everyone here has I'm sure. They suck. Honestly for me, I have 3 things to help get me pumped up. I got out of shoulder surgery that kept me out of the gym for close to a year, and I told myself I was going to not only get back to where I was before my injury but surpass it. That is always on my mind and I'm close to that goal. Second I think of my 2 year old son and the values I want to instill in him... quitting (even if its just for that one day) isn't something I'd want him to see. And if all that doesn't work, I just think of that famous pic of Arnold at muscle beach blasting that barbell off his chest doing incline bench haha. Good luck brother.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I do get like from time to time and for me that usually means I need a "deload". I think getting in there and getting some work done even when you can't get that same focus is important. It's far too easy to blow off the day and get off your plan when you aren't feeling it.

No tricks to get refocused from me. I haven't found any that work.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Deloading and not disappointing the toddler are two very powerful ideas. I have a 3 year old that mimics nearly everything I do. He was busy yesterday so he wasn't squatting his PVC and yelling at me. I will schedule my work outs better.

Current plan:

JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeBlowUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I work out almost daily but I have had maybe 3 or 4 sessions over the years where my mind and body just couldnt connect with the weight. I wasnt physically fatigued and I had energy so why wasnt I feeling it? I did a few curls but screw it, I was ready to hit the showers. Its probably just mental fatigue. However buzzy my mind is en route to the gym when I actually get to doing my first set my focus is locked and I totally zone in.

I wouldnt beat yourself up about it. Just take a break, chalk it up as a rest day. It's frustrating when it happens but sometimes your mind just says no even if your body is saying yes.

However if its happening more than on the very odd occasion then you have a problem you need to work on.

AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000) AAOBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Many years ago I had one of those days, I just didn't want to be there at all. Then I also tweeked my left shoulder that same day, decided it was time to quit for the day. Didn't go back for about two years.

I don't get those days too often, the closest really is that reluctance to get out of the car while I'm sitting in the parking lot, but when I do I always feel better at the end of the workout knowing I didn't throw in the towel.
    Obsession is a term the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

I feel better today - maybe I was sick. Going to stick to the plan and hit the bench today. Thanks for the advice and stories.

Current plan: