robocopz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation How does this look to everyone?

Hey guys!

So I've been working pretty hard the last couple months in terms of wanting to lose a lot of weight while retaining the muscle I have, and just a general improvement in health overall. It's going really well so far and I've dropped probably around 10kg in the past 8 weeks. Just wanted to run my routine by everyone just to get some input and maybe some affirmation I'm on the right track.

So twice a week I do full upper body weights, lifting fairly heavy doing three sets of around 8-10 reps per exercise. So the weights routine includes:

2x Chest exercises
    1x Shoulders
    2x Back exercises
    1x traps
    1x triceps
    1x biceps
    1x dips

After each weights session I might do 20 or 30 mins tops cardio. Then the other days of the week I am doing pure cardio, 10 minute warmup on the bike then 60 minutes on either the treadmill or elliptical trainer. I be sure to have one or two rest days each week too.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on what I eat to make sure I'm always in a deficit (not stupid deficit though, I eat at least around 1500 calories a day, calorie calculators recommend that my BMR is close to 3000 calories but honestly I'm never feeling hungry or anything as long as I get around 1500) and my workouts usually burn between 600-900 calories.

It is working very well for me thus far and the weight is almost falling off, I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts on it were, and if this is a good routine to maintain the muscle I have (I'm getting adequate protein) while literally shredding the fat off me. I want to lose around another 15kgs.

Cheers

maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50) maXmood will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by robocopz View Post
    Hey guys!

So I've been working pretty hard the last couple months in terms of wanting to lose a lot of weight while retaining the muscle I have, and just a general improvement in health overall. It's going really well so far and I've dropped probably around 10kg in the past 8 weeks. Just wanted to run my routine by everyone just to get some input and maybe some affirmation I'm on the right track.

So twice a week I do full upper body weights, lifting fairly heavy doing three sets of around 8-10 reps per exercise. So the weights routine includes:

2x Chest exercises
    1x Shoulders
    2x Back exercises
    1x traps
    1x triceps
    1x biceps
    1x dips

After each weights session I might do 20 or 30 mins tops cardio. Then the other days of the week I am doing pure cardio, 10 minute warmup on the bike then 60 minutes on either the treadmill or elliptical trainer. I be sure to have one or two rest days each week too.

I'm keeping a watchful eye on what I eat to make sure I'm always in a deficit (not stupid deficit though, I eat at least around 1500 calories a day, calorie calculators recommend that my BMR is close to 3000 calories but honestly I'm never feeling hungry or anything as long as I get around 1500) and my workouts usually burn between 600-900 calories.

It is working very well for me thus far and the weight is almost falling off, I just wanted to see what peoples thoughts on it were, and if this is a good routine to maintain the muscle I have (I'm getting adequate protein) while literally shredding the fat off me. I want to lose around another 15kgs.

Cheers
    DO YOUR LEGS MAN!!! seriously!

keep it up if it's working with you, don't change anything..
    Knowledge is Power
    Target weight = 75kg
    Target BF = 15%

robocopz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by maXmood View Post
    DO YOUR LEGS MAN!!! seriously!

keep it up if it's working with you, don't change anything..
    Well the way I saw it was that because I'm already quite heavy, doing so much intense cardio is also doubling as working out my legs? Like, I run on the treadmill at an incline, have the elliptical on a very high setting, same with the bike when I'm on it. I just figured this would work as I've noticed that my leg muscles are starting to get rather defined and looking good, especially my quads and calves. Would my rationale be correct here?

WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WaterSnatcher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by robocopz View Post
    Well the way I saw it was that because I'm already quite heavy, doing so much intense cardio is also doubling as working out my legs? Like, I run on the treadmill at an incline, have the elliptical on a very high setting, same with the bike when I'm on it. I just figured this would work as I've noticed that my leg muscles are starting to get rather defined and looking good, especially my quads and calves. Would my rationale be correct here?
    You still gotta do legs bro
    Heavy Resistance Cardio =/= Heavy squats/leg extensions
    August-September Cut:
    Week 0: 208.2 Week 1: 207.2 Week 2: 204.4
    Week 3: Week 4: Week 5: Week 6:
    Week 7: Week 8: Week 9:

dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dweeegs is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks similar to when I used to do upper/lower split, minus the dips. Should be fine. Also train your legs
    ChemE in education, SoftwareE in job

Live slow, Die whenever SLOTH LIFE

Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Electricheadd is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No squats or dead lifts? Those two lifts will put more muscle on you than your entire workout.
    My Reverse Diet Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153750981&p=1077733831#post1077733831