erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) erima98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Overtraining - Real or Myth?

Wanna hear your guys opinions on overtraining. Do you think it actually makes you go catabolic and destroy muscle as opposed to building more muscle? Add anything you want on the topic.

Thanks

Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Jaywalking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When you recovery threshold is surpassed by your physical workload then yeah you overtrain, but you'll probably never push yourself to that point, srs.

For lifting weights, that is. In general, I hear many stories of cross country runners doing it all the time
    Clean and jerk: 242
    Snatch: 176

m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) m4ddog is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    ye bro its true, I did an extra set of squats once and had to drop like 50lbs next workout because I lost most of my gains due to overtraining.

not srs lift and dont stop liftin

javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) javin86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you don't believe in overtraining, then you haven't trained hard enough for long enough to have an opinion.

The people who say it doesn't exist are usually just trying to look tough. And they always contradict themselves by saying you can be "under prepared". So if you're underprepared, you can too hard and become fatigued. Basically they're saying overtraining exists, but they're giving it a different name. ****ing retards.
    www.XCCELLENCE.com - Transform yourself, become a Champion.
    Information resource for Athletes, Bodybuilders and Power/Olympic Lifters

Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sustain will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    deadlift bench and squat heavy 7x a week and see how long you can hold up

no sh*t its a real thing

Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50) Juiss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You're not going to overtrain unless you lift some heavy ass weights.
    If you feel "overtrained" you should try eating/sleeping more
    forever switching between red and green crew

Realistically Positive CarderTheFirst's Avatar
    CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CarderTheFirst has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think "Over training" is an excuse for people so they can be lazy. Once i realized over training was really hard to get, i started training a milli times better
    17 yrs old
    6 ft 2in
    175lbs

cant bench 250

crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500) crazyguy111 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by erima98 View Post
    Wanna hear your guys opinions on overtraining. Do you think it actually makes you go catabolic and destroy muscle as opposed to building more muscle? Add anything you want on the topic.

Thanks
    Real.

HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50) HNeeley will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, or at least according to the NASM textbook for CPT. Overtraining and the stress caused by the workload places on the CNS and PNS causes higher dosages of cortisol (a strongly catabolic agent) to be released into your body. Your body normally, and is required to have Cortisol to break down and utilize Proteins, Carbohydrates, and Fats however in large doses it has been proven to be detrimental to protein synthesis, muscle repair, and even the break down of muscle fibers.
    I help people get certified as a personal trainer and build fitness businesses.

anonymous
    It's completely real. Period.

anonymous
    Btw
    OP you're looking pretty solid for age 15 Goddamn mane

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    why do people think this topic is something for them to have an opinion on?

xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xBONExCROWNx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's real. But IMO for she's it's worth 99% of the teen misc and average gym rats will never push to that point.
    Best meet lifts (all raw): 865 squat, 565 bench, 720 deadlift.
    Best meet total: 2110

Gym lifts: 903 squat, 565 bench, 725 deadlift.

Instagram @bigfatfuk

Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like others have said, its real, but extremely hard to reach
    Event/Current/Goal
    200 IM/1:59.60/1:54.99
    100 Back/54.60/51.99
    100 Free/48.05/47.49
    50 Free/22.11/21.99

Call me Rich cuz I'm here bro

buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by Meadey View Post
    why do people think this topic is something for them to have an opinion on?
    Ikr? Some assclown said progressive overload builds muscle in another thread. Why should he even have an opinion on such a topic

DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DrewPosante has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    According to CT Fletcher no, according to rest of planet earth yes.
    Aesthetics over Everything.

▴▲▴ RIP Greg Plitt 1977 - 2015 ▴▲▴ Cut Year Round Crew ▴▲▴
    ♛ - Men's Physique Crew - ♛ - Audi Crew - ♛

B 165 S 275 D 315

NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50) NickGDella will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jaywalking View Post
    When you recovery threshold is surpassed by your physical workload then yeah you overtrain, but you'll probably never push yourself to that point, srs.

For lifting weights, that is. In general, I hear many stories of cross country runners doing it all the time
    Exactly the only way I could think of going extreme catabolic is sprinting till your body forces u to stop and then keep pushing it till you pass out and then just keep going till your BODY forces you to stop not your mind. Now this sounds really dumb but just think no one has ever done it but I guarantee it's overtraining. As for lifting I've done 100 reps with 135 (I could only do 10 at a time) me and a friend never left the bench we were just doing some CT fletcher stuff (stupid again?) but it went well and I think if any plateaus were reached at the current max of 185 they were probably broken. Honestly I think to overtrain it would require a ton of mental toughness to just keep trucking and lots of volume with lots of high intensity.

Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000) Meadey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by buzzbot View Post
    Ikr? Some assclown said progressive overload builds muscle in another thread. Why should he even have an opinion on such a topic
    what im saying is this is like having an opinion on whether or not the earth orbits the sun

sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000) sgttom is just really nice. (+1000)
    Duh^
    yolo- you only lift once

Sumo Deadlift: 480 x1
    Back Squat: 450 x1
    Bench: 240 x1

buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000) buzzbot is a complete loser! (-2000)
    what im saying is this is like having an opinion on whether or not the earth orbits the sun
    Ah I thought you meant nobody here was qualified to have an opinion on it

anonymous
    I CHIT YOU NOT
    My fukking Church History teacher (sadly went to a catholic hs) told us she believes the planets orbit the earth because apparently in the bible it says the earth stands still lmao. I went to the Dean and told him he cant employ people like this. You cant have teachers literally teaching you complete bullchit. She was let go after that year. Fukking catholic education for you

NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NitroStigs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I use to train chest everyday, literally. I now have a chest that is bigger than most girls in my area. I've started to do the same for arms/legs and I can say they have grown a lot these past couple months. Just make sure you eat and sleep enough. Don't go heavy either, have one day dedicated to going all out, then the other days with light weight. Try 3 days a week first and see what happens. Know your body and if you think you're getting to a point to where you feel like you're "overtraining" then just stop.
    "One major thing that stands in-between you and the fulfillment of your dream is the willingness to start, the courage to move ahead, and the faith to finish"

Current BW: 187lb
    Goal BW: 190-200lb

Three years in the making!
    Start/Current/Goal
    Bench:95/320/(300 2sec pause)/340
    Squat:135/330/400(Leg Injury)
    DL:225/340/450
    Clean:70/185/225

Total:455/990/1190
    I return reps!

Instagram /////
    Jdwhite93