ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ecl1980 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Costochondritis and Pectus Excavatum

Hey so i recently was diagnosed with Costochondritis which is an inflammation of the cartilage that attaches your sternum to your rib cage. It's said to have no known cause and it hurts every time i breathe or do any sort of upper body pressing.

I also have a indented sternum (pectus excavatum) which results in very underdeveloped pectoral muscles.

Therefore, i was thinking that it might have been caused by a muscle balance issue. My back has always been my favorite and strongest muscle group (weighted pullups w/ 55lbs 3x8) and my bench is a measly 175lbs. I was also told that muscle imbalances like this may result in the back compensating for anterior muscles that are responsible for helping you breathe/your diaphragm.

Anyone have any ideas and/or validation to this theory? The pain started a couple hours after a leg day so it couldnt be related to a direct pectoral strain of sorts i dont think.

Because it is a cartilage injury i have to let it heal for a while which means a lot of time off from the gym which really realy blows. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fellow PE brah checking in. I've actually found that focusing on my upperback has improved the appearance of my PE. It was much more noticeable before I started lifting than it is now. I am a bit more balanced than you though front to back, so that may be your issue. Personally, I would think a strong back would only help your situation. Its possible that your costochondritis is just simply genetic. I would suggest you talk to a medical professional, but I know that is not always possible. Anyway, wish I could help more.
    YOU > Bladen