sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why carbs over fats for gaining muscle?

carbs are good for energy and will help with insulin that will transport protein to the muscle but i always get the info from bmi calculator that i need about 460 grams carbs and only 47 grams fat. ive been taking in equal amount of carbs and fats and i feel fine energy wise and the weights been going up and staying lean. doesnt an excess of carbs get stored as fat once? i really dont feel i need that many carbs throughout the day plus it is very hard to hit a calorie surplus with such low fat amount...what is the main reasoning behind such high amount of carbs and lower quantity of fats for gaining muscle is my main question?? will i not be seeing results if i keep the ratio around 1:1?? the protein is fine with 1 g per lean Body mass

makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50) makeitright will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    “Technically, once protein & fat needs are met, the surplus should be predominantly from carbohydrate. This will help support progressive increases in work output (total tonnage moved, etc), in addition to maxing out the anabolic signaling that occurs through fuller glycogen stores. A surplus coming from 100% protein would be very inefficient for the objective at hand, and a surplus from 100% fat would stand a greater chance of it getting stored in the adipose (not to mention only minimally contribute to net muscle protein balance). With all that theoretical stuff out of the way, I don’t think that in practice you have to draw really hard lines on the exact breakdown of the surplus, and I personally haven’t seen any unfavorable effects from an isocaloric combo of the macros comprising the surplus.” - Alan Aragon
    Starting Weight 09/2012: 125 lbs

legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50) legitsrs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by makeitright View Post
    “Technically, once protein & fat needs are met, the surplus should be predominantly from carbohydrate. This will help support progressive increases in work output (total tonnage moved, etc), in addition to maxing out the anabolic signaling that occurs through fuller glycogen stores. A surplus coming from 100% protein would be very inefficient for the objective at hand, and a surplus from 100% fat would stand a greater chance of it getting stored in the adipose (not to mention only minimally contribute to net muscle protein balance). With all that theoretical stuff out of the way, I don’t think that in practice you have to draw really hard lines on the exact breakdown of the surplus, and I personally haven’t seen any unfavorable effects from an isocaloric combo of the macros comprising the surplus.” - Alan Aragon
    Could you link where this is from?

Thanks

Baptised in Fire and Ice DoogShnooglis's Avatar
    DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I just tried to link that, but it wouldn't leave the link alone... I have a feeling the source is a competitor or something. If you google a snippet of that quote you should get the interview as the first result.
    I'm a carnal, organic anagram / Human flesh instead of written letters / I rearrange my pathetic tissue / I incise, I replace, I'm reformed / I eradicate the fake pre-present me / Elevate me to a higher human form / The characters I am, made into a word complete / Then I'll be the new norm

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DoogShnooglis View Post
    I just tried to link that, but it wouldn't leave the link alone... I have a feeling the source is a competitor or something. If you google a snippet of that quote you should get the interview as the first result.
    All I see is an interview, and no study. >.> Kind of sketched about that quote.

Would say that you can fill your surplus with fat/protein/carbs as you see fit after you hit your daily minimums. That's my personal opinion.

unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    why carbs over fat? carbs = energy. more energy = more strength?
    fat = fat = bad

sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sprawl7850 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
    fat = fat = bad
    by fats im only referring to good ones like olives avocados almonds and such. more nutrients in those than many carbs i believe

unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50) unknown00 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sprawl7850 View Post
    by fats im only referring to good ones like olives avocados almonds and such. more nutrients in those than many carbs i believe
    healthy fats have good micro nutrients. nothing wrong with them, but it's not going to help you "gain muscle" compared to carbs. it's more for health reasons

Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Slow-N-Steady is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You'd be hard pressed to find concrete, substantial differences in results between various macro ratios provided overall cal and protein intake is sufficient. Focus on what matters.
    My Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120696121

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    fat = fat = bad
    Dude, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and as such, have no business handing out advice. Your information is very out-dated, and before you continue to post I'd suggest you update it. Bad advice only hurts the end user!

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    fat = fat = bad
    wrote a paragraph to counter this, ended up deleting it at the last moment before pressing reply to post this instead:

stop posting

darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) darkwolf11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The reason is just that once you hit your fat and protein threshold, additional amount doesn't do much for you and goes to waste. With carbs, at least excess amount will give you more energy to do your workouts. It usually doesn't hurt to have more energy.

Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50) Follix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    healthy fats have good micro nutrients. nothing wrong with them, but it's not going to help you "gain muscle" compared to carbs. it's more for health reasons
    That's also wrong, olive oil don't have good micros... What you would describe as ''bad fat'' like a ribeye steak, does however.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    carbs are good for energy and will help with insulin that will transport protein to the muscle but i always get the info from bmi calculator that i need about 460 grams carbs and only 47 grams fat.
    That's wrong.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html

ive been taking in equal amount of carbs and fats and i feel fine energy wise and the weights been going up and staying lean.
    That's fine.

Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jaga108 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I honestly don't count carbs and fats. I keep track of calories and protein, but through my food choices I know I'm getting a healthy amount of fat and plenty of carbs. So why does it matter if I'm meeting the minimum requirements?

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by legitsrs View Post
    Could you link where this is from?

Thanks

http://naturalpursuit.wordpress.com/...h-alan-aragon/
    Delirious Mutant.

monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    IMO the macro calculators are using outdated equations from when dietary fat (past daily requirements) was frowned upon… Which we know now is outdated thinking.
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thinkgreen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Good stuff in here. My diet also consists of me getting a lot of fats and not too many carbs. Over the past 4 weeks I've been getting pretty consistently ~100 grams of fat, ~180 grams of protein and ~200 grams of carbohydrates with a total of ~2,500 calories. My energy and strength levels have been fine though, and I'm not gaining extra "fat." I think everyone is slightly different with how they use their extra macros and bodys respond differently, but it seems that hitting the min on protein/fat is by far the most important key. Filling the void with extra protein is expensive, fats can be too, and carbs just seem to be the easiest while also supplying energy.

Thanks for those links too that were posted.
    Brevity is the soul of wit.