beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Losing body fat, tracking macros and people thinking I am crazy

Let me start off by saying I love training and even the process and idea of dieting and seeing results. It is (a small) part of my life and I will continue to do this for as long as I see fit.

For the first time in 10 years of training I have really started to track my macros and also monitor my diet and implement IF and Carb cycling. This seems to be working well so far and is relatively easy for me to follow. I really have no issue with it, but it seems like everyone else does. They (family and friends) think that logging and counting calories daily is crazy and I must have some obsession with food and I am also starving myself with IF going to become anorexic yada yada. My girlfriend eats healthy and is very supportive and even works out, but she finds the carb cycling and IF a little weird and sometimes this makes breakfast and other meals difficult. It's my choice and I will continue to do what I want to do, but I wonder what does everyone else do to try to keep a relatively normal life whilst dieting and training?

MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MikeTheBiceps is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Know the feeling, but no fks given will just keep on going

Edit: and they still have the nerf to ask me how I manage to lose weight or gain it. Still hoping for some miracle without doing the work.
    DL: 160 KG (352 lbs)
    Squat: 140 KG (308 lbs)
    Bench: 100 KG (220 lbs)

*Used to be fat crew*
    *martial arts crew*

TC1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm afraid its a bit of a standard, ha!

I get terrorised at work when I'm scanning barcodes onto MFP.. Just get on with it dude, 9 times out of 10 its because their too lazy to commit to something.

beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) beastpaul has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TC1993 View Post

I get terrorised at work when I'm scanning barcodes onto MFP.. Just get on with it dude, 9 times out of 10 its because their too lazy to commit to something.
    I use the barcode scanning on MFP a lot too, it's true definitely the people with the most negative comments are lazy ass salad dodgers that put little to no effort in everything they do.

Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Joonyer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TC1993 View Post

Yup same here. I have scales in my desk too for when I need to weigh my daily almonds etc. Colleagues don't tend to comment as much any more, but I still get plenty of people think I have OCD because I count calories.

Often times they're the ones who say "I've tried everything and just can't lose weight" - then you suggest that they count their calories and it gets rubbished immediately.

All you can do is try to implement it into your life as best you can. If you're at a social gathering, you have to learn to eyeball your calories, and if in doubt just eat a small portion. Keep the faith!

Matt
    Nutella.