Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500) Kelto10 is not very helpful. (-500)

startimg strength and arm wrestling

Hi, I'm 5'8 133 lbs 20 yr male. I was planning to start training seriously when I get home from vacation. I have noobed around before with starting strength,
    but nothing serious (didn't eat enuff).

I want to train mainly for strength, not size. However I love to arm wrestle and would very much like to incorporate specific aw exercises into my routine. These incl things like wrist lever lifts, towell pull ups, forearm curls, isometric holds of sorts, wrist rotations, coc grippers.

Is it possible that I do these exercises on SS without hindering my progress / restitution?

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    First, Starting Strength is a program based around getting athletes who are running across a field the strongest the fastest, thus it emphasizes lower body work over upper body work. I'd choose a program that emphasizes more balanced upper body work to begin with, like Fierce 5 -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162916931

Second, it's mostly just a matter of priorities. I don't know of a program that's specifically aimed at arm wrestling, but if you want to do additional arm wrestling exercises go for it. The biggest rule is just to never work the same muscles 2 days in a row (they need time to heal, which is the phase where they're actually made stronger). I would just do them at the end of your routine, so exercising specific things like the wrists doesn't exhaust them from giving you good form while doing the other main exercises.