ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ilovefrankyang has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

has anyone ever "converted" 1 inch plates to 2 inch?

I want to convert my set to an olympic set, cause an olympic bar can hold much more weight and while i cannot lift that heavy now, I have goals to lift over 250 lbs (which is the weight capacity on my 1 inch standard bar).

I can afford an olympic bar, but i wont be able to afford plates immediately.
    I have about 300 lbs in 1 inch plates, and i was womndering if i could just buy an olympic bar, and use this method in the mean time:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Conv...o-Olympic-Bar/

has anyone ever done that technique?
    thansk

cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cmarti063 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you sell your 1" plates, you can afford a similar amount of 2" plates. You're welcome.
    www.instagram.com/mastodonstrength/

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cmarti063 View Post
    If you sell your 1" plates, you can afford a similar amount of 2" plates. You're welcome.
    This^^

THe article you posted is interesting, but I think that method would lead to some balance issues on some movements, and you wouldn't be able to do any Olympic moves like power cleans. It also wouldn't hold much weight without falling/breaking. For the time and energy you would put into creating that, you could sell your standard weights and buy used Olympic weights and end up in a much better place.

You could also just keep your standard plates up to the 10 lbers to use with spinlock DB handles and then buy Olympic plates (I would still buy used--they will still weigh the same).
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) twodog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The easiest way to do it, and not screw the holes up, is by using a round file and proceeding slowly. One hell of a workout, by the way.

... or what cmarti63 said.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do, than by the ones you did" Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats" H. L. Mencken

[]---[] Equipment Crew #42 []---[] ()---() York Barbell Club #18 ()---()

SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmcAtUb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ilovefrankyang View Post
    I want to convert my set to an olympic set, cause an olympic bar can hold much more weight and while i cannot lift that heavy now, I have goals to lift over 250 lbs (which is the weight capacity on my 1 inch standard bar).

I can afford an olympic bar, but i wont be able to afford plates immediately.
    I have about 300 lbs in 1 inch plates, and i was womndering if i could just buy an olympic bar, and use this method in the mean time: .instructables.com/id/Convert-one-inch-weights-to-Olympic-Bar

has anyone ever done that technique?
    thansk
    I don't see the point of the epoy. If you torque the joint properly the threads will stay in place. And if you were worried for whatever reason Loctite would be a much better choice.

For $10 Home Depot has 100' 3/8 rope that will hold nearly 250 lbs. It seems like pre-tying a couple of loops of rope to loop through the weight and hang from the bar would be a lot easier. If you went to their 'by the foot' rope spools you might be able to get stringer rope for just a buck or two, in just the amount you need.

However, I think the suggestion of selling your 1" and buying 2" is the best option. Put it on Craigslist for way too much, more than you think it can sell for. You can always lower the price if it doesn't sell. That's what I do - I put up an outrageous price and say to myself "I'll wait a few days, because nobody will pay this much. Then I'll lower it". But I always get a call within 12 hours from some sucker who wants to pay too much.

CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000) CropDusterMan is just really nice. (+1000)
    This makes about as much sense as aligning your hubcaps professionally so that the logo is the same on all wheels! )

It would involve some serious drilling, which would mean a 1 inch drill bit (as a pilot drill) - not too many outside of a machine shop would have that,
    and the effort involved for each plate for a proper sized Olympic hole would be counterproductive....actually, it would be quite stupid.

Sell your standard plates and go and buy some Olympic weights with a bar and be done with it...if you're in the U.S, use Craigslist. 50 cents a pound
    is the usual price, so therefor, each plate costs half it's weight.
    "Common sense is not so common".

Mountain Dew Strong Hallowedlunch's Avatar
    Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hallowedlunch is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sell the standard. Not only does it give more options, but if you get up to your 250 goal, (unless you have wrists of steel) the non revolving bar will unleash hellish fury upon your joints.