Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ezb0012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cannot Lose Weight

It's been a long time since I've been on the site. I got caught up in college and that life style and lost everything I gained through high school. Now I've graduated and I'm about to turn 25 and I want to change. I want to be healthier and look better. I was 232 in November and by January I got down to 220 from eating cleaner and hitting the gym 4 times a week. Since January I have not lost any more weight. I hold it all in my gut, chest and love handles. I know it's the hardest fat to lose but you would think after 6 months of way way less alcohol. 95% clean eating and working out 3-4 times a week (30 minutes of cardio per session followed by 20-30 minutes of weights. Not heavy training but enough to build a little. I'm not looking to become a body builder or compete. I just want to look good and feel good.) I'm going to post my diet and this is what I eat 95% of the time. Every weekend or two I have a few beers or glasses of wine and a bad meal here and there to keep myself from going crazy. During the week from Sunday night to Friday night I am 100% strict on what I eat. Let me know what needs to change for something to start happening. I'm really losing motivation when it's been 6 months and I haven't dropped any weight.

5:00 - 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 pieces of toast with a little smart butter
    9:00 - scoop of protein and granola bar
    12:00 - 3 oz chicken or steak, cup of brown rice or 2 cups of lettuce with a little light dressing
    3:30 - Same as the 12:00 meal. It's easy so I make 2.
    5:00-6:00 - Gym (30 minutes of cardio followed by weights 20-30 minutes)
    6:15-6:30 - Scoop of protein
    7:00-7:30 - Similar meal to lunch. I sometimes make it 6 oz of chicken or steak depending on how hungry I am.
    8:30 or so I occasionally have a granola bar with natural pb on it for a late snack. Not every night but at least once or twice a week.

I know alcohol doesn't help anything but I have cut back to probably 1/4 of what I use to do in college. I don't go out and get wasted anymore or anything like that. Just a few drinks at dinner or a few drinks out with friends. I spoke with a dietitian a couple months ago and that's sort of how she told me to eat. By my calculations, I am roughly taking in 1600-1900 calories. That combined with what I'm burning I should be losing roughly a pound every two weeks or so. I don't know what else to do besides upping my cardio to 45-60 minutes. I know the diet is pretty low but I'm trying to get down to 200 or so and then focus on getting more toned and build back a lot of the muscle I had before college. I don't want a body building diet with 6 eggs and 8 oz of chicken in every meal. I want something for a normal guy to lose weight and I hope the people on here can help.

I'm going to the doctor Wednesday to get everything checked and to make sure nothing is out of the normal. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're consuming too many calories if you're not losing weight. Calculate your TDEE by reading the "calculating calories and macronutrients" sticky.

neilawesome has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ezb0012 View Post
    It's been a long time since I've been on the site. I got caught up in college and that life style and lost everything I gained through high school. Now I've graduated and I'm about to turn 25 and I want to change. I want to be healthier and look better. I was 232 in November and by January I got down to 220 from eating cleaner and hitting the gym 4 times a week. Since January I have not lost any more weight. I hold it all in my gut, chest and love handles. I know it's the hardest fat to lose but you would think after 6 months of way way less alcohol. 95% clean eating and working out 3-4 times a week (30 minutes of cardio per session followed by 20-30 minutes of weights. Not heavy training but enough to build a little. I'm not looking to become a body builder or compete. I just want to look good and feel good.) I'm going to post my diet and this is what I eat 95% of the time. Every weekend or two I have a few beers or glasses of wine and a bad meal here and there to keep myself from going crazy. During the week from Sunday night to Friday night I am 100% strict on what I eat. Let me know what needs to change for something to start happening. I'm really losing motivation when it's been 6 months and I haven't dropped any weight.

5:00 - 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 pieces of toast with a little smart butter
    9:00 - scoop of protein and granola bar
    12:00 - 3 oz chicken or steak, cup of brown rice or 2 cups of lettuce with a little light dressing
    3:30 - Same as the 12:00 meal. It's easy so I make 2.
    6:15-6:30 - Scoop of protein
    7:00-7:30 - Similar meal to lunch. I sometimes make it 6 oz of chicken or steak depending on how hungry I am.
    8:30 or so I occasionally have a granola bar with natural pb on it for a late snack. Not every night but at least once or twice a week.

I know alcohol doesn't help anything but I have cut back to probably 1/4 of what I use to do in college. I don't go out and get wasted anymore or anything like that. Just a few drinks at dinner or a few drinks out with friends. I spoke with a dietitian a couple months ago and that's sort of how she told me to eat. By my calculations, I am roughly taking in 1600-1900 calories. That combined with what I'm burning I should be losing roughly a pound every two weeks or so. I don't know what else to do besides upping my cardio to 45-60 minutes. I know the diet is pretty low but I'm trying to get down to 200 or so and then focus on getting more toned and build back a lot of the muscle I had before college. I don't want a body building diet with 6 eggs and 8 oz of chicken in every meal. I want something for a normal guy to lose weight and I hope the people on here can help.

I'm going to the doctor Wednesday to get everything checked and to make sure nothing is out of the normal. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
    Do the cario (if you want) after the weights because you should save the energy for your lifts first.
    I am also having weightloss problems here and there. I would you are eating pretty healthy and drop the alcohol. each beer is like 200 calories. I been wondering if I should incorporate cardio too. Even though most people in this forum would be against it.

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Two possibilities. You're either eating too much or a wizard did it. Pick the one that you think is more likely.

By my calculations, I am roughly taking in 1600-1900 calories
    Your calculations are wrong. You are not eating 1600-1900 calories on average. Based on your stats, you're easily consuming 2,400+ calories per day on average.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000) TailEnd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by neilawesome View Post
    Do the cario (if you want) after the weights because you should save the energy for your lifts first.
    I am also having weightloss problems here and there. I would you are eating pretty healthy and drop the alcohol. each beer is like 200 calories. I been wondering if I should incorporate cardio too. Even though most people in this forum would be against it.
    What?! You've asked for help on exactly the same topic but now you're giving out advice? There's nothing wrong with drinking beer. I love beer.

Originally Posted by mavajo View Post
    Two possibilities. You're either eating too much or a wizard did it. Pick the one that you think is more likely.

Your calculations are wrong. You are not eating 1600-1900 calories on average. Based on your stats, you're easily consuming 2,400+ calories per day on average.
    I don't see how my calculations are wrong. I measure and read the nutrition facts and stick to the serving size. It's a pretty basic meal plan. It's hard to miscalculate that.

Originally Posted by TailEnd View Post
    What?! You've asked for help on exactly the same topic but now you're giving out advice? There's nothing wrong with drinking beer. I love beer.
    I love beer too. I cut back a tremendous amount and it's probably never going to completely go away. It's damn near impossible for me to have a social life without it.

TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you aren't losing weight, you are eating too much and don't realize it. No other way around it.

birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) birdlegs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TheChadF View Post
    If you aren't losing weight, you are eating too much and don't realize it. No other way around it.

^^^^^^^^^^^
    Currently cutting

JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) JLMiller93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    It's not a question of eating too much I don't think. I think it has to do with what you're eating and when. It's smarter to eat larger meals through the morning and mid afternoon. After that taper off carbs (except pre and post workout) and stay exempt from things with any sugar in them. It also helps to change what kind of cardio you do. Incorporate HIIT, swimming, stairmaster, etc. It's important to keep surprising your body. Aside from that you have to make sure you're doing your workouts at a good intensity. If you're not sweating, it's not working.

Going off your diet schedule i'd make these changes:
    After your workout add 1/4 cup regular uncooked oats to your protein shake (sounds weird but its good and don't use the blender ball after you put in the oats it's a mess).
    After your protein shake remove as many carbs as you can so if you're having the same meal as lunch use lettuce instead of the rice
    Try your best to find something aside from a granola bar (which probably has more sugar than needed) and put away the peanut butter. I'd go for something simple without carbs like some chicken and veggies.

Best of luck!

mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000) mavajo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by JLMiller93 View Post
    It's not a question of eating too much I don't think. I think it has to do with what you're eating and when.
    I love it when someone lets me know within the first two sentences that I shouldn't waste my time reading the rest of his post.

No. Just no. And stop giving advice. You don't have a clue.
    Started in April, 2013 at 212 lbs. Completely inactive at the time. Fat with zero muscle mass.
    Before/After Thread at the end of my first cut (April '13 - October '13 - 6 mos): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157820563

I don't see how my calculations are wrong. I measure and read the nutrition facts and stick to the serving size. It's a pretty basic meal plan. It's hard to miscalculate that.
    You're doing something wrong. Common mistakes - not counting drink calories (soda, juice, sweet tea, etc.), not counting alcohol, not counting condiments, not counting cooking oils/seasonings (yes, some seasonings have calories), using "serving sizes" instead of weighing, taking a bit of food here or there without counting it, being completely delusional and lying to yourself, etc.

You're not eating 1600-1900 on average. Period. End of story. Your goal now is to figure out where the calories that you're missing are coming from, because you're missing close to 1,000 calories. It boggles my mind that people are capable of missing that many calories, but time and time again it has been shown to be the case.

Originally Posted by JLMiller93 View Post
    It's not a question of eating too much I don't think. I think it has to do with what you're eating and when. It's smarter to eat larger meals through the morning and mid afternoon. After that taper off carbs (except pre and post workout) and stay exempt from things with any sugar in them. It also helps to change what kind of cardio you do. Incorporate HIIT, swimming, stairmaster, etc. It's important to keep surprising your body. Aside from that you have to make sure you're doing your workouts at a good intensity. If you're not sweating, it's not working.

Going off your diet schedule i'd make these changes:
    After your workout add 1/4 cup regular uncooked oats to your protein shake (sounds weird but its good and don't use the blender ball after you put in the oats it's a mess).
    After your protein shake remove as many carbs as you can so if you're having the same meal as lunch use lettuce instead of the rice
    Try your best to find something aside from a granola bar (which probably has more sugar than needed) and put away the peanut butter. I'd go for something simple without carbs like some chicken and veggies.

Best of luck!
    So if I walk up to a treadmill, pretend to get on it... AND THEN BAM, I run away and jump on the stairmaster and SURPRISE MY BODY. Do I lose more weight?

**** me it's going to be surprised I can't wait!

You're doing something wrong. Common mistakes - not counting drink calories (soda, juice, sweet tea, etc.), not counting alcohol, not counting condiments, not counting cooking oils/seasonings (yes, some seasonings have calories), using "serving sizes" instead of weighing, taking a bit of food here or there without counting it, being completely delusional and lying to yourself, etc.

You're not eating 1600-1900 on average. Period. End of story. Your goal now is to figure out where the calories that you're missing are coming from, because you're missing close to 1,000 calories. It boggles my mind that people are capable of missing that many calories, but time and time again it has been shown to be the case.
    I only drink water. Besides the alcohol on the weekends. I am referring to Monday- Friday when I say 1600-1900. Tell me where I'm wrong because I don't drink soda and I rarely use spices or condiments. I've stuck to a basic diet to make sure I wasn't adding those extra calories. Take a look below and let me know where I'm wrong because I don't see it. Calories are from "my fit pal" and the internet for those items.
    5:00 - 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 pieces of toast with a little smart butter (125 cals for eggs, 90 calories from bread 80 calories from butter = 295 so we'll say 300)
    9:00 - scoop of protein and granola bar ( 200 cals from protein 210 from bar = 400)
    12:00 - 3 oz chicken or steak, cup of brown rice or 2 cups of lettuce with a little light dressing (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    3:30 - Same as the 12:00 meal. It's easy so I make 2. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    6:15-6:30 - Scoop of protein (200 Cals)
    7:00-7:30 - Similar meal to lunch. I sometimes make it 6 oz of chicken or steak depending on how hungry I am. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    So after all that it's roughly 1960 calories. You could probably take a few from the protein because I level off the scoop (pet peeve, weird I know) Some days I omit the granola bar or I forget a shake in the mornings. So that's where I get the 1600-1900 a day. I think I was pretty spot on with the counting. That's what I eat during the week. Weekends I throw in a few beers one night and maybe a dinner out, which I tend to keep pretty healthy (chicken or steak... nothing fried)

Even if I was counting wrong and eating 2300+ calories, shouldnt I still be dropping weight? According to the TDEE I am still under. A few weeks ago I started the HIIT training and changing things up. This week I plan on trying 30 minutes of cardio then weights then throwing in an extra 10-20 minutes of cardio after just to see if it helps.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Every weekend or two I have a few beers or glasses of wine and a bad meal here and there to keep myself from going crazy.

Just a few drinks at dinner or a few drinks out with friends.
    Besides what other people pointed out, it's also likely that you are overeating/drinking on your weekends and eating back most if not all the calories you cut during the weekdays.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dmacdonal9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I only drink water. Besides the alcohol on the weekends. I am referring to Monday- Friday when I say 1600-1900. Tell me where I'm wrong because I don't drink soda and I rarely use spices or condiments. I've stuck to a basic diet to make sure I wasn't adding those extra calories. Take a look below and let me know where I'm wrong because I don't see it. Calories are from "my fit pal" and the internet for those items.
    5:00 - 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 2 pieces of toast with a little smart butter (125 cals for eggs, 90 calories from bread 80 calories from butter = 295 so we'll say 300)
    9:00 - scoop of protein and granola bar ( 200 cals from protein 210 from bar = 400)
    12:00 - 3 oz chicken or steak, cup of brown rice or 2 cups of lettuce with a little light dressing (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    3:30 - Same as the 12:00 meal. It's easy so I make 2. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    7:00-7:30 - Similar meal to lunch. I sometimes make it 6 oz of chicken or steak depending on how hungry I am. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)
    So after all that it's roughly 1960 calories. You could probably take a few from the protein because I level off the scoop (pet peeve, weird I know) Some days I omit the granola bar or I forget a shake in the mornings. So that's where I get the 1600-1900 a day. I think I was pretty spot on with the counting. That's what I eat during the week. Weekends I throw in a few beers one night and maybe a dinner out, which I tend to keep pretty healthy (chicken or steak... nothing fried)

Even if I was counting wrong and eating 2300+ calories, shouldnt I still be dropping weight? According to the TDEE I am still under. A few weeks ago I started the HIIT training and changing things up. This week I plan on trying 30 minutes of cardio then weights then throwing in an extra 10-20 minutes of cardio after just to see if it helps.

All I see are estimates, guesses, rounding up/down, etc. Get a food scale, and weigh every scrap of food that goes in your mouth, to the gram. Be precise. Slcohol counts. Food eaten on weekends counts, track it all. Eating 1600 Mon-Fri and eating 3000 Sat & Sun is meaningless.

Counting calories accurately requires precision. Read these:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154981223
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/op...tive.html?_r=0

I guarantee you the answer is in there mate, you just need to count properly.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    >

Are you weighing the butter so you get exactly the right amount? Small errors here can lead to a lot of extra calories.

Bread packages often lie and the actual weight of the bread is more than the nutrition information claims, which means extra calories.

>9:00 - scoop of protein and granola bar ( 200 cals from protein 210 from bar = 400)

Protein scoops lie and typically give 1.25 servings per scoop. You need to weigh protein powder.

Granola bars can sometimes lie too, so I'd weight these to see if they weigh as much as the package claim.

>12:00 - 3 oz chicken or steak, cup of brown rice or 2 cups of lettuce with a little light dressing (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)

Dressing has calories, and must be weighed as it can add calories very fast.

Steak is higher in calories than chicken per unit weight. Didn't mention what kind of chicken or if skinless. Did you weigh both of these before cooking? That's when you should weigh them. Don't trust the package to tell you the actual size of a piece of chicken.

Are you using oil to cook the chicken/steak?

>3:30 - Same as the 12:00 meal. It's easy so I make 2. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)

Also a good chance to double up on your errors.

>6:15-6:30 - Scoop of protein (200 Cals)

See earlier comments on protein powder scoop.

>7:00-7:30 - Similar meal to lunch. I sometimes make it 6 oz of chicken or steak depending on how hungry I am. (average chicken is 130ish per 3 oz? Brown rice 200 = we'll say 350)

Shouldn't we be saying 500 since you just double the chicken or steak. Again, steak doesn't have the same calories as chicken.

>So after all that it's roughly 1960 calories.

Or quite a bit more.

>You could probably take a few from the protein because I level off the scoop (pet peeve, weird I know)

Actually you probably need to add 25% more to the protein powder calories because of scoop being wrong size.

>I think I was pretty spot on with the counting.

Doesn't sound like it. Many possible sources of error listed above.

>Weekends I throw in a few beers one night and maybe a dinner out, which I tend to keep pretty healthy (chicken or steak... nothing fried)

This can be a huge number of calories depending on where and what you eat.

>This week I plan on trying 30 minutes of cardio then weights then throwing in an extra 10-20 minutes of cardio after just to see if it helps.

Should probably focus on counting calories correctly first instead of increasing your activity

Erk, DMacdonal9 beat me. He basically says the same things more concisely.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50) gottobeme will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Keep track of what you're eating on Saturday and Sunday. A little food/drink here and there can add up mighty fast. From someone who knows…

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)

300+400+350+350+200+350= 1950. If you go 6oz of chicken by your numbers on that last meal you're at 1080, if add the PB and granola bar you're at 2480, if you are doing steak instead of chicken you're probably at 2600.

You weekend is probably 1000-1500 in beers alone, don't even know what the bad meal is. So look at it like that. If you eat the granola and PB you're at 2400-2500 cals. which since you "sometimes" skip it, you mostly eat it. and you completely lack a deficit on the weekend.

You're TDEE is looking like 2400, so yeah, sounds about right.

So give or take 200-500 calories and I am still around a good range for losing weight with the cardio and weights. How do I drop 10 pounds in like 2 months and stick with it and 6 months later I have been on average 220. I float between 217 and 222. Never below and never above. I just don't get it. The weekends aren't "bad" every weekend. Maybe once or twice a month for the past 2. I'm working out of town so I don't do much on weekends when I'm here. Like this past weekend and the one coming will be 100% clean and the 25th will not be because of a little celebration. Some should be coming off and none is. That's my problem. Sticking to a strict diet 100% of the time just isn't possible for me right now. Hell I have friends who eat like complete **** and drink every weekend and run a few miles a week and workout and drop weight. I do everything pretty much the right way and nothing. It's discouraging.

I only drink water. Besides the alcohol on the weekends. I am referring to Monday- Friday when I say 1600-1900.
    So...what, you're not dieting/tracking on the weekends?

Just kill me now.

Sticking to a strict diet 100% of the time just isn't possible for me right now.
    Then you know what else isn't possible for you? Losing weight. If it really bothers you so much, then man up and fix your calorie consumption.

Hell I have friends who eat like complete **** and drink every weekend and run a few miles a week and workout and drop weight.
    You're not them. You don't know what else they eat the rest of the day/week. They don't have some magical device that lets them cheat the system. If they're fitter then you, then they're either A) not eating as many calories as you or b) are more active than you. That's it. Stop your whining and crying and do something about it. Your friends are subject to the same laws of thermodynamics as you. They're not playing with a different set of rules. You're playing the same game - you're just losing at it right now because you're whining on the sidelines because you played hard for 70% of the game and then threw in the towel for the other 30%. That last 30% of the game still matters. If you stop playing, you're gonna lose.

I really have no patience for people that know what they're supposed to do to lose weight, don't do it, and then whine that they're still fat and apparently just want to hear that it's not their fault - that the universe just has it in for them. Guess what? It's your fault and completely within your control. So do something about it or stop whining. Knowledge is worthless without application.

kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000) kureransu is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So give or take 200-500 calories and I am still around a good range for losing weight with the cardio and weights. How do I drop 10 pounds in like 2 months and stick with it and 6 months later I have been on average 220. I float between 217 and 222. Never below and never above. I just don't get it. The weekends aren't "bad" every weekend. Maybe once or twice a month for the past 2. I'm working out of town so I don't do much on weekends when I'm here. Like this past weekend and the one coming will be 100% clean and the 25th will not be because of a little celebration. Some should be coming off and none is. That's my problem. Sticking to a strict diet 100% of the time just isn't possible for me right now. Hell I have friends who eat like complete **** and drink every weekend and run a few miles a week and workout and drop weight. I do everything pretty much the right way and nothing. It's discouraging.
    Just don't eat as much. it's pretty simple. nothing to do with eating clean. just eat less. 500 cals daily is 1lb so "give or take" isn't really an option. In the hour you workout you may barely hit 500 cals burned a day, So you may be putting a little too much into the burn from your 1 hour workout. If you say you can't be strict on food at the moment then just maintain and focus on losing when it's a bit more convient for you. 1 or 2 weekends a month is still half a month. so you negate everything. Just ride this storm out and don't rush it. Take it from me, It takes a LONNG LONG TIME to do it right.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by dmacdonal9 View Post
    All I see are estimates, guesses, rounding up/down, etc. Get a food scale, and weigh every scrap of food that goes in your mouth, to the gram. Be precise. Slcohol counts. Food eaten on weekends counts, track it all. Eating 1600 Mon-Fri and eating 3000 Sat & Sun is meaningless.

Counting calories accurately requires precision. Read these:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148418313
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154981223
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/13/op...tive.html?_r=0

I guarantee you the answer is in there mate, you just need to count properly.
    This is it, OP.

Then you know what else isn't possible for you? Losing weight. If it really bothers you so much, then man up and fix your calorie consumption.

You're not them. You don't know what else they eat the rest of the day/week. They don't have some magical device that lets them cheat the system. If they're fitter then you, then they're either A) not eating as many calories as you or b) are more active than you. That's it. Stop your whining and crying and do something about it. Your friends are subject to the same laws of thermodynamics as you. They're not playing with a different set of rules. You're playing the same game - you're just losing at it right now because you're whining on the sidelines because you played hard for 70% of the game and then threw in the towel for the other 30%. That last 30% of the game still matters. If you stop playing, you're gonna lose.

I really have no patience for people that know what they're supposed to do to lose weight, don't do it, and then whine that they're still fat and apparently just want to hear that it's not their fault - that the universe just has it in for them. Guess what? It's your fault and completely within your control. So do something about it or stop whining. Knowledge is worthless without application.
    I wasn't whining about it. Dick. I was asking advice. I actually got helpful advice from others on here. It's guys like you that give this site a bad name. You can be helpful and not be an *******. I understand what I'm doing. I understand I'm not going to get fast results with how I live and eat because I'm not 100% strict with my diet. I was merely asking for help. If you have no patience for this then quit commenting. kureransu basically said the same thing but the way it should have been said. Not like you.

I wasn't whining about it. Dick. I was asking advice. I actually got helpful advice from others on here. It's guys like you that give this site a bad name. You can be helpful and not be an *******. I understand what I'm doing. I understand I'm not going to get fast results with how I live and eat because I'm not 100% strict with my diet. I was merely asking for help. If you have no patience for this then quit commenting. kureransu basically said the same thing but the way it should have been said. Not like you.
    No, you were whining. Yes, you did get good and accurate advice. And then you kept whining.

From post #20, after receiving multiple replies pointing out where you might be going wrong:

I do everything pretty much the right way and nothing. It's discouraging.
    No, you don't do everything "pretty much right." Don't ask for advice, get it, and then tell us that you're doing everything right already and then start whining about how your friends can eat 9,000 calories and lose weight and you blow up like a puffer fish eating 1600-1900 calories.

No, you were whining. Yes, you did get good and accurate advice. And then you kept whining.

From post #20, after receiving multiple replies pointing out where you might be going wrong:

No, you don't do everything "pretty much right." Don't ask for advice, get it, and then tell us that you're doing everything right already and then start whining about how your friends can eat 9,000 calories and lose weight and you blow up like a puffer fish eating 1600-1900 calories.
    I don't recall saying I "blew up like a puffer fish" nor where I said I have friends that "eat 9,000 calories and lose weight". I believe I said that I lost 10 pounds from how I eat in 2 months and in the past 6 I have not lost any, while sticking to the same diet. I believe eating right MOST of the time is "pretty much right". Few drinks on the weekend and a meal out here and there isn't the worst thing in the world. Yeah I'm not 100% strict on a meal plan, but sticking to it as much as I can (which is probably 95% of the time like I said before) should yield some results.

I said I have friends who eat horrible and still lose weight, because it's true. When I get snap chats damn near daily of what they eat and how much they run and workout... Yeah I have a pretty good idea of it. I never said 9,000 calories.

Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mdenatale is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't recall saying I "blew up like a puffer fish" nor where I said I have friends that "eat 9,000 calories and lose weight". I believe I said that I lost 10 pounds from how I eat in 2 months and in the past 6 I have not lost any, while sticking to the same diet. I believe eating right MOST of the time is "pretty much right". Few drinks on the weekend and a meal out here and there isn't the worst thing in the world. Yeah I'm not 100% strict on a meal plan, but sticking to it as much as I can (which is probably 95% of the time like I said before) should yield some results.

I said I have friends who eat horrible and still lose weight, because it's true. When I get snap chats damn near daily of what they eat and how much they run and workout... Yeah I have a pretty good idea of it. I never said 9,000 calories.

Apparently 95% isn't good enough. If you are not losing weight you are eating at or above maintenance, so you must reduce caloric intake. That's it. You friends "eating horrible", but losing weight are eating less calories than their body needs to maintain their weight. That's it. This is all really pretty simple.

Also, by eating "clean" it looks like you have a very poor diet. Lettuce is your only fruit or vegetable? Your fat intake looks like it must be very low as well. What are your daily macro and caloric intake goals?

TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheChadF will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dude, if you aren't losing weight, you are eating too much.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

You already said you don't track Saturdays, so that's at least 14% of the time. And look, it's understandable to not want to be as accurate as you can be when you can (yea I like to grab a handful of chips every so often without counting them, I like to not count food sometimes, but I know my data will not be accurate then), but you're not getting the results you seek. It's abundantly clear why you're not getting those result, as many of us have pointed out. Read the calorie counting sticky and make sure you actually are being accurate the times when you actually do track. Then if you actually are accurate, you need to reel yourself in on the nights you go out with friends. Obviously I am not saying to whip out a scale and weigh your food, just estimate. Have ONE beer and and ONE entree with no appetizer or dessert, something along those lines.