Page 25 of 103 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast
    Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by komapOB View Post
    Think you guys are right.... shoutouts to klax, standal, tribal tat brah, jones, etc (and whoever else lol I forget) for answering my questions. Thanks again, really appreciated the help. its probably best I stay off these forums for a bit...
    Good idea, you'll make it brah.
    My workout training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160482161&p=1213650231#post1213650231

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jonesman59 View Post
    Hey Klaxi good work on your cut! I read you are doing another tough mudder, that is exciting! Are you bulking now or what?
    Thanks. Not yet, I kind of went a little too crazy on food and drinks this last week when my cousin decided to fly across the country to spend a week with us. Basically, we lived it up and didn't think twice about our diets.

I already put on a about 3 lbs, which was a bummer. I'm going to focus on removing what I just gained (maybe 2-3 weeks) then begin my bulk at the end of August.

Yes, Tough Mudder in Tahoe on Saturday. Looking forward to it…the course map looks exciting.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Think you guys are right.... shoutouts to klax, standal, tribal tat brah, jones, etc (and whoever else lol I forget) for answering my questions. Thanks again, really appreciated the help. its probably best I stay off these forums for a bit...
    You're welcome, and I would suggest you stick around. We're all here to learn a thing or two (or 20) so we can better ourselves. It's beneficial to stick around if you're serious about making changes to your physique. Soak in all the knowledge now and implement it all when your body is primed and ready.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by klaximilian View Post
    Thanks. Not yet, I kind of went a little too crazy on food and drinks this last week when my cousin decided to fly across the country to spend a week with us. Basically, we lived it up and didn't think twice about our diets.

I already put on a about 3 lbs, which was a bummer. I'm going to focus on removing what I just gained (maybe 2-3 weeks) then begin my bulk at the end of August.

Yes, Tough Mudder in Tahoe on Saturday. Looking forward to it…the course map looks exciting.
    My friends are doing the one here in CO in September in the mountains. It's gonna be a cold one. Yeah the course looks awesome! Sounds like you had fun though and that is important.
    My workout training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160482161&p=1213650231#post1213650231

Team Kelei - Doin Work! standalj's Avatar
    standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    We need someone from Team Kelei to try out for American Ninja Warrior 2015.

komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it hadn't previously occurred to me this past 1.5 weeks that I had exhibited symptoms of over training... decreased appetite, decreased sex drive, increased irritability, sleeping patterns beyond fuked (cant sleep more than 3 hours at a time now)

I have not had a deload week yet, so Im guessing now would be the time. or perhaps at this point I should just take a week off completely? what do you guys think?
    Last edited by komapOB; 08-14-2014 at 02:50 AM.

MrJoshua1988 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Kelei I remember you posting this back a couple of years ago and wondered if you still held to this? I just can't seem to find anyone else saying the same thing.

- Start with 1000 calories from protein (250 grams).
    - Protein is converted into glucose (gluconeogenesis) at a 57% efficiency rate.
    - So 1000 calories (250 grams) from protein is converted into 570 calories (142.5 grams) worth of glucose.
    - 300 calories burnt during digestion due to the thermic effect of food.
    - 190 (33% of 570) calories burnt during the conversion process, the cost of gluconeogenesis is 33% of the energy content of the produced glucose.

Digesting and converting 1000 calories from protein into glucose requires 490 calories while only yielding 570 calories. You burn 490 calories to produce 570 calories worth of glucose, an 80 net calorie gain after starting with 1000 calories (8% energy efficiency rating, 0.32 is 8% of 4, this is how we arrive at 0.32 net calories per gram of protein).

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrJoshua1988 View Post
    Kelei I remember you posting this back a couple of years ago and wondered if you still held to this? I just can't seem to find anyone else saying the same thing.

- So 1000 calories (250 grams) from protein is converted into 570 calories (142.5 grams) worth of glucose.
    - 190 (33% of 570) calories burnt during the conversion process, the cost of gluconeogenesis is 33% of the energy content of the produced glucose.

Digesting and converting 1000 calories from protein into glucose requires 490 calories while only yielding 570 calories. You burn 490 calories to produce 570 calories worth of glucose, an 80 net calorie gain after starting with 1000 calories (8% energy efficiency rating, 0.32 is 8% of 4, this is how we arrive at 0.32 net calories per gram of protein).
    yep, i dont believe hes changed his mind. basically its not worth counting your protein calories, he just counts carbs and fats. good excuse to consume as much as you like :-D
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    it hadn't previously occurred to me this past 1.5 weeks that I had exhibited symptoms of over training... decreased appetite, decreased sex drive, increased irritability, sleeping patterns beyond fuked (cant sleep more than 3 hours at a time now)

I have not had a deload week yet, so Im guessing now would be the time. or perhaps at this point I should just take a week off completely? what do you guys think?
    I would deload for a week. Only time I'd actually take a week off would be if I had an injury and even then I would (and have) worked other parts of my body.

Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A:
    Front squats
    Bench press (wide grip)
    Seated rows (elbows tucked)
    Leg curls
    Preacher curls
    Tricep pressdowns
    Standing calf raises 

B:
    Romanian deadlifts
    Leg extensions
    Seated calf raises 
    Side lateral raises (cable)
    flyes/crossovers
    reverse flyes/crossovers

This is my routine I have been doing the past few weeks, I have enjoyed it although recently in the past week my right shoulder is giving me some issues (a rotator cuff problem I have had for years). I think it is due to the wide grip bench and flyes (it may also be that I swapped front squat for high bar back squat and my shoulders don't like that position). I swapped to high bar back squat because my knees were hurting.

Can I alter or swap my chest exercises to something a bit more shoulder friendly?

I guess I need to start adding in some rotator cuff and more rear delt exercises to strengthen it up.

Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Spaceghost1 View Post

This is my routine I have been doing the past few weeks, I have enjoyed it although recently in the past week my right shoulder is giving me some issues (a rotator cuff problem I have had for years). I think it is due to the wide grip bench and flyes (it may also be that I swapped front squat for high bar back squat and my shoulders don't like that position). I swapped to high bar back squat because my knees were hurting.

Can I alter or swap my chest exercises to something a bit more shoulder friendly?

I guess I need to start adding in some rotator cuff and more rear delt exercises to strengthen it up.
    On the first page, Kelei suggested that if you have shoulder issues while doing wide grip bp, you could reduce your ROM by an inch or so (so you don't quite touch your chest). How long has it been since your last deload? That may also help.

69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 69cam is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Effrum View Post
    On the first page, Kelei suggested that if you have shoulder issues while doing wide grip bp, you could reduce your ROM by an inch or so (so you don't quite touch your chest). How long has it been since your last deload? That may also help.
    This has helped my shoulder problems a bunch.

I stop about 1 to 1.5 inches before touching the chest and brought the grip in about 1 inch on each side.
    The best part of this is, my kids are learning to live healthier because of me.

Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spaceghost1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I already don't go down all the way.

Originally Posted by Spaceghost1 View Post
    I already don't go down all the way.
    You may want to try using dumbbells instead of a barbell.

GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have just began reading this thread and the first question I want to ask is

Does the science conclusively support Kelei's assertions?

Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GF23 View Post

Read through his older threads, there's a lot of information that explains all the reasoning behind Kelei's routines and training philosophy. Or if you don't want to read them, just try it. You don't have anything to lose.

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have shoulder issues aswell. When I use the bar, I stop about 1-1.5 inches shy of my lower chest. It helps to an extent, what has helped me even more is switching to DB's here & there.

GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GF23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Read through his older threads, there's a lot of information that explains all the reasoning behind Kelei's routines and training philosophy. Or if you don't want to read them, just try it. You don't have anything to lose.
    Thanks. I wasn't trying to be difficult, I actually (intuitively) do a lot of the stuff he's suggesting. It kinda works for me and always has. I just want to get things exactly right.

Thanks. I wasn't trying to be difficult, I actually (intuitively) do a lot of the stuff he's suggesting. It kinda works for me and always has. I just want to get things exactly right.
    "Exactly right" is going to vary from person to person. If there was 1 golden routine that worked for everyone, we'd all be doing it and we'd all be jacked lol. Don't let yourself get so caught up in details that you forget to just go and lift .

Proof is in the pudding--many people have made outstanding gains by following Kelei's routine. There is no doubt that gains can be made from other routines, but his routines flat out work...and work fast!

"Exactly right" is going to vary from person to person. If there was 1 golden routine that worked for everyone, we'd all be doing it and we'd all be jacked lol. Don't let yourself get so caught up in details that you forget to just go and lift .
    Lol yeah, I did mean exactly right for me btw. I get the whole idea of specificity...

Originally Posted by 64509chvl View Post
    I have shoulder issues aswell. When I use the bar, I stop about 1-1.5 inches shy of my lower chest. It helps to an extent, what has helped me even more is switching to DB's here & there.
    Same for me. I tried various tweaks to my form with BB; part of my problem is I've had a lagging shoulder strain for over a month now. The pain is gone just discomfort and some lose in strength. I switched back to DB on Monday and noticed a night and day difference.

ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ind1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's deload week - what difference, if any, if I take 3-4days off instead of doing just one set for a week?

Originally Posted by ind1111 View Post
    It's deload week - what difference, if any, if I take 3-4days off instead of doing just one set for a week?
    The longer you go without working out at all, you might notice you feel "rusty" when you come back. It might make you first day or 2 feel rougher as you get back into the swing of things. Other than that, nothing really. You're not gonna notice your strength levels drop or anything.

The longer you go without working out at all, you might notice you feel "rusty" when you come back. It might make you first day or 2 feel rougher as you get back into the swing of things. Other than that, nothing really. You're not gonna notice your strength levels drop or anything.
    I think it still provides some level of muscle stimulation while giving them a decent amount of rest (and as you've stated before it gives our mind a break too). Also, as addictive as going to the gym can be, once you start taking time away from the gym it can be hard getting back. A few days away can turn into a week which turns into a month.

Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rizzo23601 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ind1111 View Post
    For me, none. I just take 4 days off, come back with no strength lost but with recovered joints etc... I like this much more than doing the first set, just because it gives your joints etc. some complete time off. Best thing would be to figure it out for yourself, if I take more than 5 days off in a row I notice it, but 4 for me is fine.

komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50) komapOB will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by standalj View Post
    I would deload for a week. Only time I'd actually take a week off would be if I had an injury and even then I would (and have) worked other parts of my body.
    Will do. for deloading is it recommended to remain in a surplus or drop down to maintenance

Will do. for deloading is it recommended to remain in a surplus or drop down to maintenance
    Keep your calories the same in a deload.

Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10) Corpsez is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    While cutting I still keep my calories the same on a deload. My joints still recover fine and I even gain strength whether it's one or two reps on a given lift.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrJoshua1988 View Post

I didn't know this was his theory.. this adds more to the personal belief that all calories are not created equal like many others believe.

I'm curious to see if anyone has done this, keeping their total calories the same but adding in protein and taking out some carbs & fats while getting leaner?
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!