Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by janson8000 View Post
    is there anyone who's doing the fullbody has has a log? If so could you please link it.
    ive been doing the A/B full body for a fair while now, only just switched to P/P/L in the last week or so. have a look at the later pages of my log if you like?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=148907233
    Kelei routine log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148907233

ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000) ThatOneLurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Spaceghost1 View Post
    Are there any exercises I can use to replace front squat? My knees are always clicking when I squat down and get some minor pain later, leg curls also seem to bother my knees.
    High bar back squats, if that also bothers you then try the leg press or hack squats.

As for leg curls, try glute-ham raises.
    “The model for the application of your principles is the boxer rather than the gladiator. The gladiator puts down or takes up the sword he uses, the boxer always has his hands and needs only to clench them into fists.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

"I didn't know anything about bodybuilding I was just doing this for happiness and I don't want to take the happiness away. For me it is meditation, a ritual between my mind and body" -Victor Richards

Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by janson8000 View Post
    is there anyone who's doing the fullbody has has a log? If so could you please link it.
    It's in my signature. Just finished my 3rd week of it.
    My workout training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160482161&p=1213650231#post1213650231

cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10) cscummingsiv is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As someone trying to just put on as much mass as possible, why this vs. lets say, a full body routine such as ICFs 5x5?

buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=davo26;1275910661]ive been doing the A/B full body for a fair while now, only just switched to P/P/L in the last week or so. have a look at the later pages of my log if you like?

Davo, did you go from beginner (full body) to advanced (ppl) skipping a two way intermediate split? Not trying to call you out, just wondering why cuz I think you've had alot of experience with this program.
    Kelei program log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163329061

davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) davo26 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    [QUOTE=buggsfuddy;1276046021]
    Originally Posted by davo26 View Post
    ive been doing the A/B full body for a fair while now, only just switched to P/P/L in the last week or so. have a look at the later pages of my log if you like?

Davo, did you go from beginner (full body) to advanced (ppl) skipping a two way intermediate split? Not trying to call you out, just wondering why cuz I think you've had alot of experience with this program.
    i havent really considered the labels too much, just done what i think my bodys about right to handle. the A/B was 9 exercises at either 30 reps R/P or 3 sets, took 90 mins all in and i did it most days. is it beginner? dunno. the weights involved may be lighter than a lot of people lift, and im relatively new to working out, but it was very time intensive and in the end it was time that forced me to reconsider my workout. i just idnt have 90 mins each day.
    as for advanced P/P/L? again, i didnt really look at the label, just decided i could fit around 6 good exercises in each P/P and chose them from the list, or subbed for alternatives due to equipment. no way could i do the advanced legs due to volume and equipment available, so i just figured 5 decent exercises is good enough for me, so 'officially' im probably doing a bit of advanced, a bit of intermediate. the labels dont matter to me, im just doing around 60 mins now (so volumes dropped by a third overall) but i can only do what i can do with my lifestyle.

hope that helps?

EDIT: just realised i havent really answered the 'missing out the 2 way upper/lower split' question.
    thats cos when i evaluated what i wanted from my workouts, i didnt want half my workouts to be legs. thats pretty much it. a third seems about right. id have had to drop more upper body exercises which i didnt want to do. i could have gone 2 way with full body i spose, just a shortened A/B but thought id try a 3 way instead.
    Last edited by davo26; 08-02-2014 at 11:03 PM.

pmayopej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry but I still can't get it. I'm still a beginner, so can I do 5 full body routines a week without a rest in between?

SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pmayopej View Post
    Sorry but I still can't get it. I'm still a beginner, so can I do 5 full body routines a week without a rest in between?
    Yes. Perform full body workouts whenever you are in the gym, as many times a week as you can handle. Take days off whenever necessary.

Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonesman59 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are the only person who will be able to answer that question.
    My workout training log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160482161&p=1213650231#post1213650231

Team Kelei - Doin Work! standalj's Avatar
    standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am at the point to where I can add weight for dips, almost there for chin-ups and pretty soon for pull-ups. I think I would be embarrassed putting on a dip belt with a measly 10 lbs starting off. For the sake of not looking like a wannabe or weak a$$, should I simply do more reps until I can add at least 25lbs starting off? Please don't say I shouldn't care what others think; there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in the gym.

buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buggsfuddy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As others have said, yes you might be able to handle five days per week on the beginner program. I have and I'm 40 years old and have a manual labor job right now. But really you're just supposed to take days off "as needed" based on how you feel but hopefully at least 3 days/wk.

Thanks, Davo. That makes sense.

Originally Posted by standalj View Post
    I am at the point to where I can add weight for dips, almost there for chin-ups and pretty soon for pull-ups. I think I would be embarrassed putting on a dip belt with a measly 10 lbs starting off. For the sake of not looking like a wannabe or weak a$$, should I simply do more reps until I can add at least 25lbs starting off? Please don't say I shouldn't care what others think; there is nothing worse than feeling uncomfortable in the gym.
    Maybe you could try holding a dumbbell between the knees or ankles. That's what I used to do simply because it's faster and I agree, would look funny putting on the belt and then only a 5 or 10lb plate. But we have 5, 8, 10lb dumbbells that I used.

standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10) standalj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by buggsfuddy View Post
    Maybe you could try holding a dumbbell between the knees or ankles. That's what I used to do simply because it's faster and I agree, would look funny putting on the belt and then only a 5 or 10lb plate. But we have 5, 8, 10lb dumbbells that I used.
    Thought about that. Wasn't sure if it would make it awkward to get in the "starting" position. I will try it and go from there.

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thought about that. Wasn't sure if it would make it awkward to get in the "starting" position. I will try it and go from there.
    I hold a 40-50lb dumbbell between my thighs. It's not a problem. It might slip down a bit if you don't hold it tightly, but that's about it. At 5ft8, I can't reach the chinup bar without a stool, and there's no way I'm jumping with that weight hanging between my legs (and the dumbbell too :P ). So I use a stool to go up. It's fine. My gym now has one of these TRX monkey bars with is lower in height, so it works great for me now.

And yes, wearing a dip belt with 5lb on it will look ridiculous :P

Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    I hold a 40-50lb dumbbell between my thighs. It's not a problem. It might slip down a bit if you don't hold it tightly, but that's about it. At 5ft8, I can't reach the chinup bar without a stool, and there's no way I'm jumping with that weight hanging between my legs (and the dumbbell too :P ). So I use a stool to go up. It's fine. My gym now has one of these TRX monkey bars with is lower in height, so it works great for me now.

And yes, wearing a dip belt with 5lb on it will look ridiculous :P
    Thanks for the feedback! I am 5'9, but there are several bars I can reach on my tippy toes (lol) for both pull-ups and chin-ups. I've also thought about a weighted vest...might be particularly beneficial for chest dips.

totally disagree with you and the others ^^^^

i wouldnt give a sh*t about what id look like with a 10lbs weight on a belt if thats the easiest way of doing it. youre in there for yourself, not to worry about impressing others.

i wouldnt give a sh*t about what id look like with a 10lbs weight on a belt if thats the easiest way of doing it. youre in there for yourself, not to worry about impressing others.
    Thanks for your feedback! I hear ya...but like any other situation I am conscious of what others are thinking.

SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000) SXElifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for your feedback! I hear ya...but like any other situation I am conscious of what others are thinking.
    Concerned about what others are thinking? I completely understand that.

So, what are the others thinking when they see the belt with a 5lb or 10lb plate? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Same, used 10lbs for a long time with dip belt for chin ups. What these other guys are talking about never even crossed my mind.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm with you guys. I did 5 lbs and 10 lbs for dips for a long, long time with the weight on the belt. But to each is their own.
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50) sepandee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    True, it shouldn't matter what others think. When I said you'll look "ridiculous," I hope it was obvious enough that I was trying to be jokingly facetious.

But again, no need to buy a dip belt if you don't have one. You can easily hold a dumbbell or even a 25lb plate between your legs.
    Last edited by sepandee; 08-03-2014 at 05:59 PM.

TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheWickerman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey i was doing pullups w 2.5 lbs hanging lol. at 20 lbs now only a couple months later.

Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Effrum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When it was time for me to add weights to my chins/pulls, I started with 10lbs on a belt lol. Gotta start somewhere, besides I'd be willing to bet 80% of people in the gym can't even manage 10 BW chins/pulls, much less chins/pulls using any kind of weight period.

64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000) 64509chvl is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes I train at home, but still...the day when I had to by a chain & hung a 5 lb plate I felt like a bad ass . As mentioned, most folks can't even do a set if 10 @ body weight. I'm now using 52.5 added weight on chins.

Back to full routine after deload week. Going to try increasing the volume to 35 reps.

Have a great day all!

For the cable flyes, where do u set the cable at? Chest level? Low? High?

Originally Posted by sepandee View Post
    For the cable flyes, where do u set the cable at? Chest level? Low? High?
    According to this site:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...able-crossover

I am currently doing flyes on the same machine I do reverse flyes (aka rear delt flyes):

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...-machine-flyes

Might switch over to cable.

Registered User BritishBullldog's Avatar
    BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10) BritishBullldog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    abc.acefitness.org/*********article/4933/ace-study-reveals-best-biceps-exercises (replace abc with www and the stars with pro source i'm unable to post links)

I recently read this study which compared all the bicep exercises and concentration curls came out on top for bicep development. Just wondered what kelei or others thought on this study?

Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rag3quitZA will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey, this question has already been asked and answered, but forgive me for not reading through all the posts. My question is: With the frequency, my body wont be fully recovered before hitting the muscle for second time in the week. Should I just push through the pain or wait till recovered. I started following this last week and never had DOMS in my back like this before, its crazy how sore my weaker left side is so it must have gotten more stimulation. I start exercise on my weak side so maybe because it gets slightly less rest.

Thank you for the tips man