Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) El Fuerte has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by ABSPR View Post
    dry fire targets

[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2s9c2sx.jpg[/MG]
    nice

had my second competition sunday. I think I was ranked 51 of 89 or something like that overall. My best one I came in 3rd out of everyone in our stage. My handgun shooting needs more work than I thought. Still need to find my limit on how fast I can shoot accurately. Had a blast like always

FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mirin, how'd you do in your division? In production division, even a stage win only puts me in the top 5 overall for that stage after the fooking limited and open shooters.

Got some video from 3-gun practice last night on the mock stage we set up:

Do I even lift?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142588721

Competitive shooting chat thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162987591

| MFCi |

dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by guest89 View Post
    I'd love to get into it but haven't found any places in Louisiana aside from skeet/trap/sporting clays.
    Where in La. are you? Plenty of USPSA clubs in south La. & Winnsboro has Steel Challenge on the 2nd Sunday & USPSA on the 4th Sunday.

dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10) dsb45acp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In & subbed. "B" class shooter in USPSA Limited & Single Stack. I'm heading up to FT. Smith, Ar. for the Area 4 match labor Day weekend. Hope to meet some of Y'all there.

ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by FitStick View Post
    Mirin, how'd you do in your division? In production division, even a stage win only puts me in the top 5 overall for that stage after the fooking limited and open shooters.

Got some video from 3-gun practice last night on the mock stage we set up:

[youtube]CQGFEMGVq7k[/youtube
    because of the power factor ?

is that the carnik in the vid ?

ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ABSPR has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    hnnnnnnnnggggggggg

FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitStick has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dsb45acp View Post
    In & subbed. "B" class shooter in USPSA Limited & Single Stack. I'm heading up to FT. Smith, Ar. for the Area 4 match labor Day weekend. Hope to meet some of Y'all there.
    Sweet, haven't shot any major USPSA pistol matches, but will be heading to the Area 2 Noveske 3-gun match next weekend. GL brah.
    Tried to squad up with a couple of pro shooters but then the *******s all made their own squad that was locked to us regular peasants.

because of the power factor ?

is that the carnik in the vid ?
    Power factor definitely kills, gotta be fast and have almost all alphas to break into the top. A single delta really FUBARS your hit factor, and if you have a miss you might as well go to a Thai sauna because you're done.

Ya, that's the Cannik, still debating on whether to run it for the big match next weekend or if I'm going to continue using my Walther P99.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

Sweet, haven't shot any major USPSA pistol matches, but will be heading to the Area 2 Noveske 3-gun match next weekend. GL brah.
    Tried to squad up with a couple of pro shooters but then the *******s all made their own squad that was locked to us regular peasants.

Power factor definitely kills, gotta be fast and have almost all alphas to break into the top. A single delta really FUBARS your hit factor, and if you have a miss you might as well go to a Thai sauna because you're done.

Ya, that's the Cannik, still debating on whether to run it for the big match next weekend or if I'm going to continue using my Walther P99.

You dont want those feels, last Sunday I was in the pro squat... not a good idea, I tho I could fly like those open guns.. LOL I had a mike every stage....

Take it.. I will take the tango for a IDPA on Saturday,,, brb haven't even shot 50 rounds with it....

my angus is not peppered

Alright, since we're on a body building forum talking about competitive shooting, I've got a question. How about we design a work out program to support/improve our performance in competition. I'll start it out by recommending military press to help with draws. Any other suggestions?

Never done any lifting specifically for shooting, but I have done agility drills and cardio to help my movement out at matches. Always do lots of things similar to burpees with a rifle to practice going prone and standing back up quickly, lulz. Same with sitting and kneeling positions.

Strong chest and shoulders definitely help, and strong forearms are good for pistol recoil, that's for sure.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

I think that anything in the DeFracon's regiment for speed and agility will help translate to shooting

quick feet with a strong midsection to control movements ...

Fit :

I got a DQ yesterday in a IDPA match .....FML

Wry DQ, which rule did they bust you on?

Never been DQ'd but there was one time I probably should have been. Heard RO on next berm give make ready command so I did, lulz. Double checked by looking under the walls to make sure nobody was downrange before I did it, so they let me slide because everyone else wearing amplified ear-pro heard it clear as a bell too.

At a match last weekend, some guy was 'airgunning' with his unloaded pistol while people were down range taping and walking the stage and stuff, uwotm8. Got DQ'd before he even shot his first stage. My sponsored shooter's daughter got DQ'd about half-way through RM3g championships a couple weeks ago for tripping and dropping a hot shotgun during her run. Did it safely, but any weapon drops are automatic DQ.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000) pheny is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mirin' the competition and equipment going on in here.

Quick question for the experienced guys.

For a first time (literally never held a gun before) shooter, what would be a decent score for shotgun skeet/trap shooting? 25% hit rate (assuming running a full set/course of like 10-20 setups of 5-10 shots each)? 50%? 75? 100% perfection only for the noob (for those of us with superiority complexes)?

Wry DQ, which rule did they bust you on?

Never been DQ'd but there was one time I probably should have been. Heard RO on next berm give make ready command so I did, lulz. Double checked by looking under the walls to make sure nobody was downrange before I did it, so they let me slide because everyone else wearing amplified ear-pro heard it clear as a bell too.

At a match last weekend, some guy was 'airgunning' with his unloaded pistol while people were down range taping and walking the stage and stuff, uwotm8. Got DQ'd before he even shot his first stage. My sponsored shooter's daughter got DQ'd about half-way through RM3g championships a couple weeks ago for tripping and dropping a hot shotgun during her run. Did it safely, but any weapon drops are automatic DQ.
    Discharge:
    2.2.3.5 During Load And Make Ready, Unload And Show Clear, Reload, or Malfunction Clearance.

6 bay match .. on bay 5 I didn't hold the hammer while decocking the Italian... I was sure that little touch of the trigger was gona drive the hammer to the safe place... NOPE...

everything was pointing at a safe direction and no one was in danger.

Sucked balls, and everyone was really nice ... telling me to come back next match... I was more embarrassed because it was the first time in that club

All my fault for not playing enough with gun before taking it to a match ....

Getting ready for the Noveske area 2 match this next weekend, decided for sure to switch back to my Walther P99 over the Cannik, just have too much muscle memory tied up on that gun and am running it quite a bit faster. I can actually do hammer pairs faster with the Cannik, but EVERYTHING else like reloads and draw+1st shot, and transitions I'm doing faster on the Walther. Might switch over to the Cannik again after this match, but there are some really good prizes on the table that I want to get a chance at lulz.

Anyways, at practice this morning I'm running some pistol drills like a mock classifier stage and lose my front sight about half way through and can't connect any of my shots.

The drill is 5 targets, 1 shot per target, mandatory reload, 1 shot per target again. All has to be done Virginia count style within a 6 second par time.

After the reload and my first shot afterwards, I thought I got hit by a little piece of ricochet on my forehead. Get peppered by fragments pretty regularly when shooting steel, so didn't think twice about it. Right after that, I couldn't find my front sight to line up a target picture, so I just did index shooting and shot high over the remaining steel. Finally on my very last shot I realize there's no fuking front sight on my gun anymore, lulz. I realize it must have popped off at some point during the drill, so I stoop down to the ground to try and find it, and it slides off the brim of my had into the dirt.

Luckily the screw and washer were still inside the slide, so I was able to re-attach it and tighten it down. It's an aftermarket fiber-optic front sight post, never had any trouble with it loosening up over like 2k+ rounds, but for some reason it came loose and fell off this morning.

Video of the drill, you can see me go full retard after the 6th shot lol:

Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

Discharge:
    2.2.3.5 During Load And Make Ready, Unload And Show Clear, Reload, or Malfunction Clearance.

6 bay match .. on bay 5 I didn't hold the hammer while decocking the Italian... I was sure that little touch of the trigger was gona drive the hammer to the safe place... NOPE...

everything was pointing at a safe direction and no one was in danger.

Sucked balls, and everyone was really nice ... telling me to come back next match... I was more embarrassed because it was the first time in that club

All my fault for not playing enough with gun before taking it to a match ....

Fuk that sucks, at least you got 4 stages worth of shooting. DQ's happen all the time, though, so I wouldn't sweat it. That hammer decocking thing makes me nervous too with the new Cannik, gotta run it DA/SA if I want to shoot production division USPSA stuff. Is it the same thing for IDPA? I've only ever shot striker-fired guns for IDPA so IDK.

How were you decocking, just thumb on it?
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

Originally Posted by pheny View Post

For a first time (literally never held a gun before) shooter, what would be a decent score for shotgun skeet/trap shooting? 25% hit rate (assuming running a full set/course of like 10-20 setups of 5-10 shots each)? 50%? 75? 100% perfection only for the noob (for those of us with superiority complexes)?
    hey buddy .. we are focusing more on competitive shooting in race formats like uspsa, idpa and steel challenges.... you can read in the OP the MFC thread.. there are some skeet shooters down there that can give you a better idea...

Fuk that sucks, at least you got 4 stages worth of shooting. DQ's happen all the time, though, so I wouldn't sweat it. That hammer decocking thing makes me nervous too with the new Cannik, gotta run it DA/SA if I want to shoot production division USPSA stuff. Is it the same thing for IDPA? I've only ever shot striker-fired guns for IDPA so IDK.

How were you decocking, just thumb on it?
    I was just holding it with my off hand ...didnt want to to risk it with the thumb without practicing...... I dont know why in that stage my brain played with me and said... go ahead decock it without holding it... it will be fine.....

do you run different setups for IDPA ..? I try to run the same setup for both... but I guess Im suffering in uspsa for not having a CR speed or a DDA belt with some ghost pouches.

And yes IDPA you need to run it DA/SA to be production ... or you can run it SA but you get bump to ESP which the times are a bit faster to do Master.

Do you have to run it with safety in USPSA ?

hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hutch1999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Abs besides the dq, did the Tan****lio run smooth?
    *Misc Firearms Crew Illuminati*

"Weapons of Peace" - Kalashnikov Concern

Originally Posted by pheny View Post

Guess it depends on the person, I've seen new shooters only get 1 or 2 clays during skeet, and I've also seen them hit nearly half the clays on their first try. Trap is a lot easier, but I've still seen people go an entire round without hitting any. Only personally seen a handful of shooters shoot 100% on skeet, and they were all old fudds who shoot a ton of skeet. Either way, with a few rounds of trap as practice and a little coaching, I'd expect a new shooter to hit at least half of the clays in trap.

I was just holding it with my off hand ...didnt want to to risk it with the thumb without practicing...... I dont know why in that stage my brain played with me and said... go ahead decock it without holding it... it will be fine.....

do you run different setups for IDPA ..? I try to run the same setup for both... but I guess Im suffering in uspsa for not having a CR speed or a DDA belt with some ghost pouches.

And yes IDPA you need to run it DA/SA to be production ... or you can run it SA but you get bump to ESP which the times are a bit faster to do Master.

Do you have to run it with safety in USPSA ?
    Shet so was your off hand up there somewhere? Get any slide cuts or anything?

My ELS belt is a little bulky, so I usually just do a leather belt + a leather holster and double magazine pouch for IDPA. Also an unbuttoned button-up shirt as a cover garment. Sometimes I'll wear the ELS belt and gear, but I try to be in the spirit of things by doing some decent concealment. I actually really like my leather holster, though, super fast draws from it, I just don't trust the retention enough for 3-gun.
    Despite that, I keep a piece of folded up cardboard in the front of my pants in the belt line, keeps it wedged open a little so that I can do mag retention reloads easier if I need to. Major ******* gamer checking in.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    Abs besides the dq, did the Tan****lio run smooth?
    It ran like a Ferrari...

I was having a good day... droppe like -2 in the first stage... the second stage was a door with 2 targets @ 25 yards... 12 shoots, one shoot each side of the door and change direction every following shoot. dropped less than 9 points there...

3rd stage I dun guffed because it was off hand/one handed stuff ... and the lack of practice showed off.

the 4th stage had some shooting on the move and some barricade that was not lefty friendly.. but did a good time in my squat.

5th stage.... Dun goofed ...

BRB a guy with a revolver was doing 1 or 2 seconds more than me .... he was good...

Shet so was your off hand up there somewhere? Get any slide cuts or anything?
    i had my off hand to the side ...

no slide cuts yet....dont seem that i will get any..

you clone have some rough edges ?

das it mane

i want my own gym

Registered User higginsworks4me's Avatar
    higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) higginsworks4me is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dsb45acp View Post
    Alright, since we're on a body building forum talking about competitive shooting, I've got a question. How about we design a work out program to support/improve our performance in competition. I'll start it out by recommending military press to help with draws. Any other suggestions?
    I think seated rows and high pulls more accurately replicate the drawing motion. I think the best physical non-shooting training you can do for race shooting would be a combination of sprints, burpees, and those sideways shuffling football drills. I don't know what they're called. Useful shooting practice is the best thing to do. Don't just throw lead everywhere. Every shot counts and teaches you something.
    Quads for the broads

so Voguel droped just 10 points during the whole match...

is this real life... ?

Fit are you using any paste to lubricate the part of the slide that makes contact with the body ?

so Voguel droped just 10 points during the whole match...

is this real life... ?

Fit are you using any paste to lubricate the part of the slide that makes contact with the body ?
    What did he drop points on? Penalties or just bad shots?

I just use froglube on the slide, use the foaming CLP stuff pretty much everywhere else.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

What did he drop points on? Penalties or just bad shots?

I just use froglube on the slide, use the foaming CLP stuff pretty much everywhere else.
    10 points in the whole match is beast .. thats -1 in only 10 targets of the whole nationals....

I think I will put some paste in that part of the slide since is so tight (no homo) that I can see where the wear is going to be ...

I got his in a FB add..

wounder if is worth the $11

http://www.dryfiretrainingcards.com/11special/

Dad gave me those for Christmas, mebe I should open them.

Do I even lift?

| MFCi |

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Black/White cat crew

My cat identifies as black, it gets really tense when my parents visit. But we all know Farley is actually orange, breh.

Swapped out the basic posts on my Cannik for some fibers, they are way TSTier than before.

Made sure they are still on POI with a laser trainier, shooting a USPSA match with them tomorrow.
    Do I even lift?

| MFCi |