Philosophical Hippo-crite hippocrates's Avatar
    hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50) hippocrates will become famous soon enough. (+50)

RDL with raised toes

Anyone has any experience doing Romanian Deadlifts with toes elevated? Ball of the foot resting .5-1 inch above the heel.

I've been doing them for a few weeks now and everything seems good. Gives a really good (extra) stretch to the hams. But then again I'm using baby weight (135) atm.

Interested to hear if someone has been doing them for any decent length of time with decent weights. Just wanna make sure I'm not leading myself to a pointless injury.

Cheers
    *Never Pick 4 Crew*

mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mr.average is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That extra stretch you feel isn't your hamstrings, it's the tendon for the calves(back of the knee).

alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) alexanderberg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mr.average View Post
    That extra stretch you feel isn't your hamstrings, it's the tendon for the calves(back of the knee).
    This.

Although, raising your heel can make you more susceptible to straighten your legs a bit more, which lengthen the hams further.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by hippocrates View Post
    Anyone has any experience doing Romanian Deadlifts with toes elevated? Ball of the foot resting .5-1 inch above the heel.

I've been doing them for a few weeks now and everything seems good. Gives a really good (extra) stretch to the hams. But then again I'm using baby weight (135) atm.

Interested to hear if someone has been doing them for any decent length of time with decent weights. Just wanna make sure I'm not leading myself to a pointless injury.

Cheers
    Why would you do this? In effect, you're concentrating all the load on a much smaller area, and all for no benefit.

Don't try to re-invent the wheel; get your feet flat on the floor where they belong.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by hippocrates View Post

Cheers
    Toes Elevated

Preforming them in this manner allows you to push back further increasing range of motion on the hamstrings.

The greater the range of motion, the more muscle fiber you work.

I have used that method when preforming them with Good Mornings.

Squats with Board Under Heels

Think about how placing a board under you heels places more of the workload on the Quads.

Board Under Toes

By placing the board under you toes, the reverse occurs. The workload shift more to the posterior chain, the hamstrings.

Kenny Croxdale
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.