MarkTwainSwole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

questions on bulking up

Hello, I'm Mark and I'm pretty new to this site. So small back ground, I use to weigh 185+. I decided to lose the weight. I dropped to 170, then did track. I then got into weight lifting through a friend and loved it ever since. I'm really looking to gain strength, but i don't know if i want to put on fat weight to do so. However i heard that putting on weight is the only way to do so. I want to keep my athletic build but put on a lot of muscle (muscle weight is fine of course, just not fat because im trying to join a soccer team). Any regiment that would suit me? Also, i go to the gym and do weights everyday and do cross fit 4 out of 7 days. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hop on a strength routine. BLSS, SL5x5, and SS are great. You can lean bulk. I lean bulked (.5lb/week) from 124 to 137 or so, I looked leaner in the end because of more muscle (see pic)... However now I'm aiming for 1lb/week. I don't care about being lean anymore, I want to get bigger and stronger than ever before. Don't be afraid to bulk.

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift."

S- 245x5
    B- 170x5
    D- 330x5

Log- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160895651

JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by MarkTwainSwole View Post
    Hello, I'm Mark and I'm pretty new to this site. So small back ground, I use to weigh 185+. I decided to lose the weight. I dropped to 170, then did track. I then got into weight lifting through a friend and loved it ever since. I'm really looking to gain strength, but i don't know if i want to put on fat weight to do so. However i heard that putting on weight is the only way to do so. I want to keep my athletic build but put on a lot of muscle (muscle weight is fine of course, just not fat because im trying to join a soccer team). Any regiment that would suit me? Also, i go to the gym and do weights everyday and do cross fit 4 out of 7 days. Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    dont do what i bolded, get some recovery in there bruh. dont split your body up if thats what youre doing, do a fullbody routine.

Crossfit Football is a good program for athletes. Strength WODS and Condioning WODS.

Typical Week with XFit Football

MON Squat+Bench+Conditioning
    TUE Power Clean+Pullups+Conditioning
    WED Rest (srsly dont do chit just sleep or sumthin)
    THURS Squat+Military Press+Conditioning
    FRI Deadlift+Chinups+Conditioning
    WKND Rest (srsly dont do chit just sleep or sumthin)

go to the website, i dont know everything tbh i just know it because its like starting strength combined with crossfit which is pretty cool tbh

also diet, just eat clean and a lot of food. all i can say really if you want fat gain to be minimal.
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Bench Press 700lbs/317.5kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

Lifts all Raw (no suits or wraps)

JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500) JichaelMordan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by PaintballMan View Post
    Hop on a strength routine. BLSS, SL5x5, and SS are great. You can lean bulk. I lean bulked (.5lb/week) from 124 to 137 or so, I looked leaner in the end because of more muscle (see pic)... However now I'm aiming for 1lb/week. I don't care about being lean anymore, I want to get bigger and stronger than ever before. Don't be afraid to bulk.

good chit mane.
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wise words here OP, I'd like to reccomend ICF 5x5. I thought basic programs like SS and SL 5x5 were boring so I switched over. It's better to enjoy training

Originally Posted by itrain4life98 View Post
    Wise words here OP, I'd like to reccomend ICF 5x5. I thought basic programs like SS and SL 5x5 were boring so I switched over. It's better to enjoy training
    true, but sometimes simplicity can be useful for a lot of people.
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaintballMan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JichaelMordan View Post
    good chit mane.
    Likewise brah, das it

Originally Posted by itrain4life98 View Post
    Did ICF during that lean bulk, which is just SL5x5 with curls and stuff. Honestly, ICF needs more than a 250 cal surplus. If you run ICF, you should do a full bulk. I switched from ICF bc I want to focus more on strength.

S- 245x5
    B- 170x5
    D- 330x5

thanks a lot for the support guys! gave me lots of good leads and tips! i still think im going to work out everyday haha. im a high energy person. i can't stand inactivity.

thanks a lot for the support guys! gave me lots of good leads and tips! i still think im going to work out everyday haha. im a high energy person. i can't stand inactivity.
    If you can lift everyday you aren't lifting heavy enough... Try out one of the routines mentioned and after it gets heavy you will be crawling out of the gym mid-way through your daily squats.

S- 245x5
    B- 170x5
    D- 330x5

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To Bulk ;
    -Calculate TDEE/MACRO needs
    -Eat at a 10-20% surplus
    -Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet your calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals
    -Monitor weight fluctuation (aiming for 1lb/week weight gain) and adjust your calories accordingly
    -read the stickies

As a beginner..
    To Cut
    Calculate TDEE/Macro Needs
    Eat in a 250-500 calorie deficit
    Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet your calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals
    Weigh yourself 1x a week, in the morning on an empty stomach. Preferably after you've done your "business".
    Try to get at least 2-3Liters - 1 gallon of water a day.

If you can lift everyday you aren't lifting heavy enough... Try out one of the routines mentioned and after it gets heavy you will be crawling out of the gym mid-way through your daily squats.
    i do legs one day, chest the next, arms, back, repeat.

Originally Posted by ErikTheElectric View Post
    To Bulk ;
    -Calculate TDEE/MACRO needs
    -Eat at a 10-20% surplus
    -Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet your calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals
    -Monitor weight fluctuation (aiming for 1lb/week weight gain) and adjust your calories accordingly
    -read the stickies

As a beginner..
    To Cut
    Calculate TDEE/Macro Needs
    Eat in a 250-500 calorie deficit
    Compose your diet of foods you enjoy that help you meet your calorie/macronutrient/micronutrient goals
    Weigh yourself 1x a week, in the morning on an empty stomach. Preferably after you've done your "business".
    Try to get at least 2-3Liters - 1 gallon of water a day.
    thanks for the help man, and i do stay hydrated through out the day (pee is always clear).

how long should i keep up the weight gaining? and should i do every exercise in one day? or keep splitting it up like i do.

DizzyMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DizzyMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DizzyMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DizzyMunky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bulking and cutting is a myth btw

itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000) itrain4life98 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DizzyMunky View Post
    Bulking and cutting is a myth btw
    Oh so gaining weight( mostly muscle depending on your diet) a few months then losing fat after is a myth?

kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    eat on a surplus and start doing blss
    *Watches texans games every week
    *Team Hoyer
    *F*** Savage
    *F*ck Mallet
    *Hoyer is our saviour

i do legs one day, chest the next, arms, back, repeat.
    OP we clearly gave good advice and yet you still insist on splitting your body up. Answer me this: You use your entire body in any action when youre moving or playing a sport, so why not do that in the gym?

EXAMPLE: Since when do you isolate your chest and shoulders when you punch somebody, when most of that punching power comes from the legs?
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) Towerworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm really looking to gain strength, but i don't know if i want to put on fat weight to do so..
    then dont lift
    Start
    Bench Press-125
    Deadlift- 200
    Squat-165

OP we clearly gave good advice and yet you still insist on splitting your body up. Answer me this: You use your entire body in any action when youre moving or playing a sport, so why not do that in the gym?

EXAMPLE: Since when do you isolate your chest and shoulders when you punch somebody, when most of that punching power comes from the legs?
    thanks. i found a regiment on here that i believe ill try. and thanks for that example, it does make sense and this new regiment includes breaks.

Originally Posted by Towerworld View Post
    then dont lift
    well you were no help.

thanks. i found a regiment on here that i believe ill try. and thanks for that example, it does make sense and this new regiment includes breaks.
    cool what is it
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg

cool what is it
    it is called the Chris Gethin 12-week daily trainer. i did the first day today. if you know a better one im willing to switch over to it since im only 1 day into this one.

it is called the Chris Gethin 12-week daily trainer. i did the first day today. if you know a better one im willing to switch over to it since im only 1 day into this one.
    pick one of the routines recommended above. anything using a name and a time frame is a stupid routine IMO.

its ok op you didnt know any better so i wont call you a dumbass
    Lifts @ 999lbs

Squat 1300lbs/590kg
    Deadlift 1000lbs/453.5kg

Clean&Jerk 600lbs/272kg
    Snatch 500lbs/227kg