Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Physique Debut Va CUP

Greetings everyone, Jamal Bramble aka The Machine here. Im making my physique debut at the Va Cup in Norfolk, VA on August 2nd. I've been training since 2003 when I was a junior in high school but finally decided after years of being on the fence to finally man up and compete! Since I'm on the last 3 weeks til my show, I'll share 3 pointers that helped me survive the prep (I started end of April, start of May.
    1) Definitely hire a coach and posing coach but make sure there are knowledgeable and accessible. Both of my coaches have helped me tremendously throughout the prep. My coach who designed my program and diet is in constant contact through email and continuously gave feedback from progress pics. he also altered the diet and workout based off on how my physique was shaping. He recommended for me certain brand of products (like peanut butter, walden farm products, and stuff like that and what stores to find them in) and also alternative protein substititions. My posing coach continues to help me with my routine and position my body so its show in the best package possible.
    2)Stay a meal ahead. This is very important! The worse thing that can happen while prepping is being out and its time to eat and you have nothing to eat and no healthy places in site. What i usually do is carry around a lunch box and if i anticipate being out a majority of the day ill pack 3-4 meals. The only restaurants that I ate at where chipotle or qdoba because they grill the chicken and i can get tons of greens there and brown rice if needed. Also rotisserie chicken from sams club helped out too (of course i peel and threw away the skin
    3) There will be sacrifices that have to be made. For myself, I basically was not able to drink or enjoy cheat meals this whole summer (including my engagement party). If you have a spouse i would suggest sitting down and talking with them about your decision to compete because they will be doing some sacrificing as well. Let them know why your compete and who knows you may inspire them to compete as well. Also its a big help when they help you prep meals
    I look forward to my big day and ill post in this forum how i do.
    feel free to add/follow me on bodyspace (i accept and follow back all request) Jdot5, i post daily on there and put progress pics up everytime i take them
    -#TeamBramble #GetFitOrDie

Follow my Ongoing Physique Quest:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166876461

Instagram: The_Machine_JB

Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ill add one more tip
    4) Dont get caught up in the scale numbers, use the mirror as your guide on if your making progress. I made the switch to checking once a week instead of once a day because if i gained a pound i would get pissed off. Now that i switched to weekly and use the mirror as a guide it helps keep my sanity. Also weight can easily be manipulated so its not the best of factors. Getting measurements done is also a reliable factor as well

sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sdunn96 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You will be in my neck of the woods.

Good luck with the show brother.

Thanks bro. I went to school at odu so it's like a mini homecoming for me. Plus I get to hit the beach Sunday so that's awl always a plus

2.5 weeks away from the show. I dont know what im more excited for: seeing What the final product look like or the meal im having after the show?

Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Jamy2j is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Make sure ure spouse isn't a whale so u can achieve ure goals n not have to look her stuff herself lol

Originally Posted by Jamy2j View Post
    Make sure ure spouse isn't a whale so u can achieve ure goals n not have to look her stuff herself lol
    I wouldn't wife up someone who isnt committed to fitness. I did that my previous relationship. My fiance loves working out n eating clean almost as much as i do n she definitely sacrificed alot so i can compete. we both are definitely ready for the post competition meal though

Today was one those dig days, where you dont feel like u have any energy so u dig for each rep to get better. Had Push Day which was my longest workout out of the 3 and although my mind was focused on the workout, part of it was focused on postworkout. Anywho knocked out the workout n got a vicious pump but cardio was the killer. Today it seemed the stairclimber was like mount everast n was extra exhausting. 8 days left til show time. Will start logging daily for the final week

sun (make up blog) 6 days out
    Had to do an hour of cardio before breakfast. It was torture but good thing Sportscenter was on so I watched that. It was also the first day where i had cut walden farms from my foods and the only seasoning i could put on my food was a pinch of seasoning salt. It was different but it was tolerable (except if the food was cold). With all my food prepped already on saturday night, I actually had free time during the evening to enjoy with my fiance. Also got some posing practice in as well as watching videos on IFBB pro competitions just get some nuggets on posing and presentation from them

5 Days out
    Today was leg day but definitely different than any other leg day that ive done, not because of the workout i was doing because it has been the same one for the past 5 weeks. This one was different because I didnt use any preworkout or bcaas, just sipped on water. I didnt notice the difference too much during warm ups nor my set of squats (the squats are a struggle regardless). I noticed it most when i did leg press. My Legs were gassed after the first set and I had to cut it from 4 sets to 3 sets (ish happens). Rest of the workout was a grind but work was put in and gains were made. The test came during cardio. Usually I'll do 20 mins HIIT do 10-15 mins of steady state then call it a day. Today was 45 mins of steady state on the stairclimber. It was more of a mental workout that a physical (most steady state is) but I got through it (Thanks again sportscenter, lol). Now time to recover fast as I got a core workout during my lunch break at work and then posing practice after work.

4 days out (Tuesday) make up blog
    Worked triceps then biceps. Got a blistering pump on both. I should have flexed each muscle between sets but oh well. Burned out each muscle with 3 sets of 30. Cardio was 40 mins on the stairclimber. It was more of a mental challenge than physical again. Of course I was watching sports center to help pass the time by. Posing practice got cancelled due to my coach being sick (hope he gets well soon) so I took advantage of that free time and myself along with my fiancé went grocery shopping to get all the food needed to prep my meals through Friday. It was $30 which isn't bad considering I spent that much on a mediocre meal before. Cooking all the food took a bit over an hour but everything is packed up and now to get some rest for boulder shoulders in the morning.

3 Days out:
    First off I was excited I got to sleep in. First time in a while I didn't have to wake up for fasted cardio. Got a great pump for boulder shoulders today. Hit all heads of the deltoids and threw in some trap work with shrugs. Energy levels were pleasant even though I switched fat burners. Cardio was 30 minutes on the stairclimber and it was a breeze compared to what I was doing the past 3 days. Caught up on sports center while knocking out cardio. Off day from core work but did get to partake in posing practice. Got in some quality work and putting I'm the finishing touches for the show. Now at home unwinding preparing for my last workout day on the prep and it's a doozy: chest and back! See yal in the AM

2 days out:
    Water was cut back to a half gallon. It was a struggle at first but after work I was fine. Back and chest day was on deck. Last workout on the prep. I know I had to make it count. Changed things up with music using spotlify workout mix (their weights mix is off the charts). Got a great pump and did some back posing between sets. I did barbell rows, lat pulls, straight arm pulldown and finished with cable rows. Next up was chest and I used the hammer strength machines. The first was the seated bench and got a devastating pump and inflation (definitely throwing this in my arsenal). Next up was decline bench followed by incline. Chest cable crossover complete the weights portion of the day. Some of the morning guys in the gym I talk to wished my luck (much appreciated). Trainer told me to walk on the treadmill. My beast mode wanted to do stairclimber but 2 mins in, my body thought otherwise so I wisely switched to a Brisk walk on the treadmill and added incline for 30mins. I got a good core workout during my lunch break that put an emphasis on obliques. Got off work and got my last posing session with my coach. Made some tweaks but he made sure I was crisp before leaving and sent me a video of the session to review Friday. Now time to rest and enjoy tomorrow (I get to eat 7 meals...YES!)

One day (actually 12 hours from prejudging)
    I slept in until 740 this morning. After running errands finally got on the road to the show. The drive is normally an hour and a half but took 2 hours due to traffic but I still got in Norfolk 2 hours before my tanning appointment and checkout. After unpacking I just relaxed a bit while my fiancé slept. We then went to my tanning appointment and then got registered. Met some a couple of competitors in the shorter class and one in the tall class and they were all cool people. One of the female competitors even alerted me of a couple of Italian restaurant by the beach that had a BOGO lunch special, taking the fiancé there for sure. Now time for some posing practice before a carb loaded meal before bed. Show time in the AM. CANT WAIT!

Pre judging I was nervous, didn't smile as hard as I could and was tense. At the finals, I was more loose smiled more and got the crowd pumped. I placed 4th in novice and 6th in open. It was an awesome time, a great learning experience and met lets of new friends. Imam gonna use what the feedback judges gave me and use it towards my offseason. Next show will be next year.

acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Congrats....time to go put some size on before the next one!
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Supporting my fitness and competition goals
    Follow Me!
    Instagram: TonyCandales
    www.********.com/tony.candales
    www.twitter.com/GiftedGenetics (Tony Candales @GiftedGenetics)
    YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCMh7llZGWhRtRxrWaW0f7Jw

Originally Posted by acandales001 View Post
    Congrats....time to go put some size on before the next one!
    thanks man and yeah gonna put emphasis on back n shoulders. gonna hit them twice a week. I got til next April so I got a bit of time before my next show

acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) acandales001 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Jdot5 View Post
    thanks man and yeah gonna put emphasis on back n shoulders. gonna hit them twice a week. I got til next April so I got a bit of time before my next show
    Sure thing....go get it!
    IFBB Men's Physique Pro
    Cellucor
    Supporting my fitness and competition goals
    Follow Me!
    Instagram: TonyCandales
    www.********.com/tony.candales
    www.twitter.com/GiftedGenetics (Tony Candales @GiftedGenetics)
    YouTube channel - www.youtube.com/channel/UCMh7llZGWhRtRxrWaW0f7Jw

Originally Posted by acandales001 View Post
    Sure thing....go get it!
    Will Do

Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Justin93 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jdot5 View Post
    Pre judging I was nervous, didn't smile as hard as I could and was tense. At the finals, I was more loose smiled more and got the crowd pumped. I placed 4th in novice and 6th in open. It was an awesome time, a great learning experience and met lets of new friends. Imam gonna use what the feedback judges gave me and use it towards my offseason. Next show will be next year.
    Good job man, stay at it and keep workin hard
    GAT Creatine Monohydrate Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162380981

GAT Muscle Martini Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163934231&p=1288243051#post1288243051