meagan05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

OVERWHELMING! new to lifting and eating clean.

I recently bought a meal and workout plan from an online trainer and I thought that was good enough, but now reading all these threads it seems like I need something more customized to me.

Was it a waste of money to buy this plan from an online personal trainer?

This is a plan she probably gives everyone. It isn't customized to my body or whatever. Idk, really lost in all of this. Seems like so much information! I want to lose 50 lbs and then build muscle (because I just read in a thread you can't do both). really confusing.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How can we tell you if its a good plan without knowing what the plan is??

How do you know its not "customized to your body"??

Have you contacted the person and asked them questions about the plan they gave you or any of your other concerns???
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

meagan05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    How can we tell you if its a good plan without knowing what the plan is??

How do you know its not "customized to your body"??

Have you contacted the person and asked them questions about the plan they gave you or any of your other concerns???
    Meal 1 - 5 egg whites, 1 small apple
    Meal 2 - 1/3 casein + 2/3 whey protein shake, 1 cup frozen berries, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    Meal 3 - 4 oz lean protein, 1 cup brown rice
    Meal 4 - 1 hard boiled egg, almonds
    Meal 5 - 6 oz lean protein, 1 cup non starchy vegetables
    Meal 6 - casein protein shake

It's not customized to me because she doesn't know my weight, height, etc. (not sure if any of that matters)

Of course I have, but I didn't see any harm in getting second opinions.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What qualifications does this person have and what are the Louisiana state laws about writing meal plans??

It sounds like you did not research this person properly before you paid them for this plan. Cant say that its "bad" but its very "bro-science" especially if they did no discussion with you on your height/weight etc.

Any trainer can have someone lose weight by getting them to reduce the calories that they eat.

Making sure the diet is tailored to the individual by taking in not only their stats but their nutritional need is a much more complex issue.

If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less than you burn. That is the easy part. The hard part is making the choices every day to stay on target calorie wise.

As far as the meal plan goes, that was probably a waste of your money. While nothing is "bad" with it.... nothing is great with it either.

You can start here
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=150759963
    for a more step by step approach to make it not seem so overwhelming.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50) CajunSpecial will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If the person did not ask you any personal information, why did you pay them for a meal plan? Yes, it was a waste of your money. You'll be able to follow it for about a week (if you're well disciplined) and then you'll be ready binge on other foods. It's so extremely restrictive, especially listing exactly what to eat, etc. Competitors follow diets like this from their trainers but it's only temporary and right before a show. They're not meant to be run for very long.

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    And there are no healthy fats in the diet. A recipe for hormones to go whacko.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463