FosterEDC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I want to bulk but not gain weight. What to do?

So ive been cutting and working out. I can see some gains but i want to get big. I still have some stomach to get rid of though. I plan on starting to Get Swole program and i know it shows a nutrition/supplement plan to go with it. However i dont have the money to get all of it and need to start somewhere. I currently take protein post workout and a pre workout shake. Is there anything i can add to this to help with my gains? Like a post recovery shake? What would yall take in my position? I dont want to break the bank but i want a good product.

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    why are you taking a shake pre?

No need for protein shake post but if you need the protein macro;s and it is convenient then go ahead.

You will obviously gain weight and some fat while bulking. Nothing will stop that
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000) drewmigliazzo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bulk and not gain weight? Uhhhh well. That is like saying I want clear muscle.

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Picking a training/nutrition/supplementation program from the main site, is FAR from optimal, and designed to do nothing other than promote supplement sales (which is understandable given the nature of the website).

Congratulations on your cutting/weight loss, however it's time to lose that fear of gaining weight and time to put on some mass.

This, of course, is going to require OVERALL weight gain, which will be a balance of muscle and fat...however, if done properly, you can control this balance and optimize results in lean mass development, with minimal fat gains throughout.

Start be selecting a PROPER training program (lots of great options in the 'Workout Programs' section of the forum) that emphasizes compound lifts and proper progression in LBM development and strength.

Also be sure to head over to the 'Nutrition Section' and do a bit of reading/researching to learn about a proper diet, calorie needs, nutrient intake/requirements, and how to make the most out of your bulking period.

Once you've done these, look into the following BASIC supplements (that are a solid stack for any trainee) and go from there.
    1. Multivitamin
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Creatine
    4. Protein
    5. Pre-Workout (Optional/Personal Preference)
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The term bulk means to consume a surplus of calories. Which means you'll gain weight. So really you're saying "I want to gain weight, but not gain any weight".

If it were that easy we'd all be competing in the olympia next year.

Thanks for all the replies yall. By pre shake i meant an energy booster. Not protein shake. What would be an optimal pattern for me as far as meal to supplement match up goes? Basically can someone on here give me a walk through of their daily meal and supplement plan? Hope it wouldnt be too much to ask. I just want to do this right.

Originally Posted by AMeyer9 View Post
    The term bulk means to consume a surplus of calories. Which means you'll gain weight. So really you're saying "I want to gain weight, but not gain any weight".

If it were that easy we'd all be competing in the olympia next year.
    I get what yall are saying. And i know im going to gain. I just keep relating weight gain in my head to fat gain in my head. I want to make sure there is more muscle than fat in the end and im not gonna get that cutting and coming in with around 12-1400 calories a day i dont think.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    gaining muscle and losing fat will take a large amount of nutrition knowledge as well as understanding your body. Most people can not do it.
    saying that products such as Drive by appnut which provide endurance and fat loss help a lot. depending on diet controlled labs had a product purple wraath which i used a lot. it lends it self a ton to fasted training tho
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by FosterEDC View Post
    Thanks for all the replies yall. By pre shake i meant an energy booster. Not protein shake. What would be an optimal pattern for me as far as meal to supplement match up goes? Basically can someone on here give me a walk through of their daily meal and supplement plan? Hope it wouldnt be too much to ask. I just want to do this right.
    Please read my post and do some of the work for yourself.
    No one is here to take your hand and give you a step by step breakdown of what your day should look like...and we can't anyways.

Everyone is different, calorie requirements are different, training programs are different, there are FAR too many variables to take into consideration and it's just not worth the hassle...unless of course you're going to pay us for our time and effort.

If you want to do things right, I provided you ALL of the information required in my first post in this thread, please take the time to ACTUALLY READ IT, and do a bit of researching for yourself.
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10) JasonTarin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I suggest you stop lifting weights and pick up crossfit. Crossfit is a little easier to wrap your head around and you are guaranteed to not gain weight doing crossfit.
    Your mind is your most powerful muscle. Use it to your advantage.

Originally Posted by JasonTarin View Post
    I suggest you stop lifting weights and pick up crossfit. Crossfit is a little easier to wrap your head around and you are guaranteed to not gain weight doing crossfit.
    Ive thought about doing crossfit and i may still. Im not asking anyone to take me by the hand and lead me down the path to my goal. Nobody could ever do that because its MY GOAL. I was just looking for someone to point me in the right direction so i could start my path. I figured the best info would be from the guys that do it. InItForFitness- thanks for the info you gave me and the specifics to start with. I will try to get some better info on all of that. Is that somthing to take every day or just workout days though?

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I get what yall are saying. And i know im going to gain. I just keep relating weight gain in my head to fat gain in my head. I want to make sure there is more muscle than fat in the end and im not gonna get that cutting and coming in with around 12-1400 calories a day i dont think.
    1200 calories at 213lbs? You're destroying any chance of muscle gains.... Fat loss, yes. Probably a little too much

xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xStevenx has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AMeyer9 View Post
    1200 calories at 213lbs? You're destroying any chance of muscle gains.... Fat loss, yes. Probably a little too much
    fat loss, muscle loss, loss of alphaness
    Type 1 Diabetic - Since age 15
    Luke 1:37 "For NOTHING is impossible with God"

INSTAGRAM: StevenGFH Follow me!

*ALLMAX NUTRITION REP*

ALLMAX Nutrition, Inc.
    SCIENCE - INNOVATION - QUALITY - RESULTS
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/all/all.htm

Disclaimer: All forum or bulletin board posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not necessarily reflect the views of ALLMAX

CL's Resident Pump-Fiend RaginAzN's Avatar
    RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) RaginAzN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I suggest you get rid of the stomach fat (since you are concerned about it) by cutting then start slowly lean bulking. Just by leaning out it'll give the impression that you got bigger/more muscles.
    Controlled Labs Rep

CL FB Page: https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

Disclaimer: The above post is my PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice.

JohnT@ControlledLabs.com

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1200 to 1400 calories is close to the clinically recommended level to be supervised by a doctor. so its too low

weight loss can happen higher than this while maintaining a healthy condition
    🎄⛄🎄In🎄⛄🎄

Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    1200 to 1400 calories is close to the clinically recommended level to be supervised by a doctor. so its too low

weight loss can happen higher than this while maintaining a healthy condition
    Im not trying to be that low on my count. But im just never hungry enough to eat enough good things to gain a high calorie count. Im giving a lot of thought to crossfit now that im looking into it more.

iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Im not trying to be that low on my count. But im just never hungry enough to eat enough good things to gain a high calorie count. Im giving a lot of thought to crossfit now that im looking into it more.
    What.
    I'm pretty sure there's no way at 213lbs you're eating that few calories and not being hungry. First, I think you don't track calories, at all. Second, I think you should take initforfitness advice and do your own research. He gave you all that great info. Stop asking to be spoon fed. Read. Learn. Take the time.
    iAmJeffReY - SC2
    GzaTheGeniuS - hearthstone
    Training

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JasonTarin View Post
    Yeah don't bother with weights just start doing kipping dips and pull ups.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So ive been cutting and working out. I can see some gains but i want to get big. I still have some stomach to get rid of though. I plan on starting to Get Swole program and i know it shows a nutrition/supplement plan to go with it. However i dont have the money to get all of it and need to start somewhere. I currently take protein post workout and a pre workout shake. Is there anything i can add to this to help with my gains? Like a post recovery shake? What would yall take in my position? I dont want to break the bank but i want a good product.
    Small Caloric Surplus
    Its not your supplement stack its your diet that control your rate of gains

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.