tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

i should probably post this in nutrition but...

i dont like those guys... haha

anyways i was deep in thought today while i should have been making things happen at work..

ok.. so what's the point of bringing up your body's maintenance level of cals during the offseason (ie: get your cals as high as possible with the idea that you can diet on higher cals next time you prep) obviously i understand the theory of this.. heck i'm currently doing it myself

so this is why i ask it..

let's say we have 2 guys..guy #1 has a maintenance level at 2000, guy #2 is at 4000

they both start prep... 16 weeks into it guy#1 is down to 1500.. (down 25% of his cals)... he is really hungry
    guy #2 is down to 3000 (down 25% as well)... wouldn't he be just as hungry?

i mean the whole reason that his body was able to process 4000 cals and not turn into a whale is because he technically made his body less efficient with calories.. (ie burns more for the same activity as guy #1)

If this is the case.. it makes me wonder.. if we are trying to speed up our metabolism for the sake of higher cals.. yet we still have the same exact hunger issues.. what's the point? seems to me we are just spending extra on groceries

and if that's the case..

say it's week# 20 and guy#1 is an idiot and he's taking in 1000 cals.. (50%).. he would (for the sake of this theory) be malnourished.

and guy #2 is on 1500 cals.. since his body has done all this adjustments.. would he be malnourished as well?

i mean if you take a look at woman.. they are stuffed at 2000 cals all the time.. they can handle 1500 cals a lot easier than we can because their body only "needs" that much.. why are we spending all this time making our bodies "need" more food if we are still going to "suffer" just the same..

i'm not saying that i dont believe in raising your metabolism.. heck i'm trying to get mine to process 4000 cals this offseason.. but this is just something i'm interested in... i'm sure i'm not the first to question this.. but i've never seen it brought up.
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000) wrkoutfrq is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You're confusing hunger with nutritional needs... Hunger is simply a neurological response to hormones secreted by the stomach when emptied to a certain point.

If in your scenarios the two guys weigh the same, have the same musculature etc., then the proportion of calories to body mass will be greater in the guy who built his metabolism. As such, there is more substrate per unit body mass to be utilized for maintaining muscle during a diet. The net deficit in relation to calories expended will be the same, but the guy who built his metabolism will still have a greater amount of nutrients per unit mass

Imagine 2 baskets of the same size and shape: one (representing guy 1 in your scenario) is filled halfway with marbles. the other (a la guy 2) is completely full of marbles. If you remove 25% of the marbles from each basket, which basket is more full? Same concept
    "The weak-minded would shrink away from what must be done for fear of being ridiculed by the wicked" - Terry Goodkind

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"...-Ghandi

Prep Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158667243

tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tumtum is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by wrkoutfrq View Post
    You're confusing hunger with nutritional needs... Hunger is simply a neurological response to hormones secreted by the stomach when emptied to a certain point.

If in your scenarios the two guys weigh the same, have the same musculature etc., then the proportion of calories to body mass will be greater in the guy who built his metabolism. As such, there is more substrate per unit body mass to be utilized for maintaining muscle during a diet. The net deficit in relation to calories expended will be the same, but the guy who built his metabolism will still have a greater amount of nutrients per unit mass

Imagine 2 baskets of the same size and shape: one (representing guy 1 in your scenario) is filled halfway with marbles. the other (a la guy 2) is completely full of marbles. If you remove 25% of the marbles from each basket, which basket is more full? Same concept
    Thank The Lord for smart ppl lol. Good post
    Instagram: thomas_poucher

yes i've tried doing incline first

reps on recharge.. demonwareltd, flang, TTimmerman, wala, Canuck77

dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50) dragevo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just to add to this, the guy who has 4000cals has alot more room to make changes if he isnt bringing his bodyfat down. He may be consuming 300g of carbs a day compared to the other guy consuming 150g.