Thread: "Overtraining"

jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

"Overtraining"

I've been doing coolcicadas ppl for nearly three months. I usually do push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest. I always hear people talking about "overtraining", I'm pretty sure it's BS. If you believe in overtraining, do you think I'm overtraining? Btw this is what coolcicada recommended.

kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes it's true, but it's not what most people think. It becomes a problem down the road after you start experiencing joint/tendon pain and injuries, ruining your actual training.
    Deadlift-600....620
    Bench- 315x2...365x0 snap city.......365x1.....405x0 snap city
    Squats- 405x3 with wraps........435x2.....455x2
    Front Squat- 315.....315
    Standing OHP- 205x2.....225x1.....235x1.....245x1
    Incline Dumbell bench-110lbsx8.....125x4
    Dumbell shoulder press-110lbsx5.....120lbsx4

jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) jgman is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by kgts View Post
    Yes it's true, but it's not what most people think. It becomes a problem down the road after you start experiencing joint/tendon pain and injuries, ruining your actual training.
    Well do you think I'm overtraining? This is what coolcicada is recommending.

kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I've been doing coolcicadas ppl for nearly three months. I usually do push/pull/legs/push/pull/legs/rest. I always hear people talking about "overtraining", I'm pretty sure it's BS. If you believe in overtraining, do you think I'm overtraining? Btw this is what coolcicada recommended.
    Aside from your thread but I've been looking at his PPL routine. Just curious but what were your starting lifts when you entered the routine vs what they are now.
    *Watches texans games every week
    *Team Hoyer
    *F*** Savage
    *F*ck Mallet
    *Hoyer is our saviour

kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000) kgts is just really nice. (+1000)
    No clue wtf that is, but no, you are not overtraining.
    Deadlift-600....620
    Front Squat- 315.....315

Originally Posted by kurse196 View Post
    Aside from your thread but I've been looking at his PPL routine. Just curious but what were your starting lifts when you entered the routine vs what they are now.
    This is probably gonna make you made but I really don't train for strength. I just started squatting, so I'm not even going to talk about that. I benched 105 for like 2 reps before and now I lift 120 for like 3-4 reps.

MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50) MGLPride will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No such thing as overtraining , just under resting , If you train more intense longer hours you need much longer to recover , If you train short and light , you need less time to recover , You need to rest accordingly
    Arnold’s 6 Rules to Success:

1. Trust yourself
    2. Break some rules
    3. Don't be afraid to fail
    4. Ignore the naysayers
    5. Work like hell
    6. Give something back.

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel :http://www.youtube.com/user/Bodybuilding101Yeah

Coolcicada is the creator of the program.

Originally Posted by MGLPride View Post
    No such thing as overtraining , just under resting , If you train more intense longer hours you need much longer to recover , If you train short and light , you need less time to recover , You need to rest accordingly
    I barely feel sore anymore anyways

DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you feel like you're overtrainig just eat sleep drink more water.
    Retired From The Misc
    *07-22-2014 08:17 AM*
    "I have a dream that posters will one day post on a misc where they will not be judged by the color of their bars but by the content of their posts."
    - Martin Luther King

Originally Posted by DasPhilosopher View Post
    If you feel like you're overtrainig just eat sleep drink more water.
    I don't feel like I'm overtraining

kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kurse196 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't feel like I'm overtraining
    check your pm
    *Watches texans games every week
    *Team Hoyer
    *F*** Savage
    *F*ck Mallet
    *Hoyer is our saviour

Originally Posted by kurse196 View Post
    check your pm
    I sent you one

MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500)
    This. It exists but most people who complain about it arent anywhere near that level.

Originally Posted by MuscleMigraine View Post
    This. It exists but most people who complain about it arent anywhere near that level.
    Well that's a relief. I've upped the volume but I still feel nowhere near that satisfying 'i need a wheelchair' Soreness in my arms traps or chest anymore. Feelsbadman

MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500) MuscleMigraine is not very helpful. (-500)
    Well that's a relief. I've upped the volume but I still feel nowhere near that satisfying 'i need a wheelchair' Soreness in my arms traps or chest anymore. Feelsbadman
    Soreness goes away for the most part after 6-12 months of training.

Use progressive overload aka "getting stronger" as a way to measure progress. Don't rely on soreness as a measure of a good workout

If you added a rep to your bench press thats progress regardless of how sore you are the next day

Soreness goes away for the most part after 6-12 months of training.

Use progressive overload aka "getting stronger" as a way to measure progress. Don't rely on soreness as a measure of a good workout

If you added a rep to your bench press thats progress regardless of how sore you are the next day
    Thanks brah, I've had added reps to my bench lately. Feelsgoodman Tfw you're getting stronger

Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100) Maniac99 is not very well liked. (-100)
    illuminati bro

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You WILL feel when you are overtraining. If you check out the later part of page 3 of my workout log you can read how I felt and then when it hit. You will know trust me.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

bingo. You go in, tear yourself beyond failure every day for years, and find yourself unable to recover at a certain point. That's overtraining. It's not even the muscles that aren't recovering, it's your tendons/ligaments/joints that just pop everywhere and need time off. I ice after every day now because I've hit that point.... It's not fun.
    Deadlift-600....620
    Front Squat- 315.....315

teamkill123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teamkill123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) teamkill123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is probably gonna make you made but I really don't train for strength. I just started squatting, so I'm not even going to talk about that. I benched 105 for like 2 reps before and now I lift 120 for like 3-4 reps.
    only a 20 pound increase in 3 months? your defiantly doing something wrong

Originally Posted by teamkill123 View Post
    only a 20 pound increase in 3 months? your defiantly doing something wrong
    3 weeks of those three months were a mini cut, and a couple weeks after were recovery from it. I understand the concept of linear progression much more now.