Page 33 of 278 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000) uabeng is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pendlay rows are starting to get rough. Can definitely tell they are superior to BOR and doing these have shot up my BOR on the other upper day.

Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I need to run the postural program. How should it be done?

Mon : Kyphosis Upper.
    Tue: Lordosis Lower.
    Wed: Rest.
    Thu: Kyphosis Upper.
    Fri: Lordosis Lower.
    Sat: Rest.
    Sun: Rest.

Is this correct?

Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sheeeeit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Sheeeeit View Post

Is this correct?
    Anyone?

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CallmeNik View Post
    Should I be doing the Full body or Upper/Lower? I'm 16, 165 and 5"11 and been lifting consistently for around 9 months. My 1RM's are
    Bench-185 Squat-225 Deadlift-225 Incline-155?(haven't done 1 rep)
    You could still stretch gains out of the novice program I would have to think especially if you get your BW up. What have you been doing for a program for the last 9 months? I would run the novice program while bulking and see where it takes your 3x5's, you should have some room to improve those lifts before making the switch to the U/L or the PPL

Is this correct?
    Can't remember the exact programming for these but I would imagine this will work fine for a while. nothing in the OP for a lifting schedule on this?
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    Can't remember the exact programming for these but I would imagine this will work fine for a while. nothing in the OP for a lifting schedule on this?
    Thanks for the reply. Nothing in the OP as far as I can see.

CallmeNik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HunterMC6 View Post
    You could still stretch gains out of the novice program I would have to think especially if you get your BW up. What have you been doing for a program for the last 9 months? I would run the novice program while bulking and see where it takes your 3x5's, you should have some room to improve those lifts before making the switch to the U/L or the PPL
    I did a 2 body part a day Spilt :/ I never knew better. So what weight would you recommend me switching to U/L? I Go to the gym everyday for school so I would like to switch TO U/L so I only sit around 1 day a week rather than 2 which I would with full body.

Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dan3317 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I did a 2 body part a day Spilt :/ I never knew better. So what weight would you recommend me switching to U/L? I Go to the gym everyday for school so I would like to switch TO U/L so I only sit around 1 day a week rather than 2 which I would with full body.
    If you would enjoy the Upper/Lower schedule better, then I say go for it. I ran an Upper/Lower for my first year back into lifting simply because I didn't care for full body programming, you inevitably end up at the same place regardless once your noob gains are over.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172590831 <<< New training log as of 10/7/16

Working diligently for a 405 bench.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Thanks for the reply. Nothing in the OP as far as I can see.
    You got it right. It should follow the same schedule as the normal Upper/Lower routine.
    Originally Posted by uabeng View Post
    Pendlay rows are starting to get rough. Can definitely tell they are superior to BOR and doing these have shot up my BOR on the other upper day.
    They get tough for sure man. I wish I could still do them. My hip won't allow it.
    Experience, not just theory

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    You got it right. It should follow the same schedule as the normal Upper/Lower routine.
    Excellent cheers.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    easynow, so... planning for next weeks move to u/l.

A couple of things to ask...

back extention > cable pull through? i assume acceptable, no hyper bench at gym.
    leg extentions > leg press twice a week? extensions irritate the arthritis in my right knee something chronic.

where would i be able throw in ohp? BUT not remove flat or incline bench? :P replace incline flies maybe? this one isnt a big issue, i can leave that on the back burner for down the road when i jump on the UL/ppl.

Upper A
    Incline Bench 3x5
    Decline DB Bench 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Bent Over Rows 3x8
    Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
    Squats 3x5
    **CABLE PULL THROUGH 3x8**
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
    Bench 3x5
    ** OHP 3x8**
    Pullups 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
    Front Squat 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    **LEG PRESS 3x10**
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    easynow, so... planning for next weeks move to u/l.

A couple of things to ask...

back extention > cable pull through? i assume acceptable, no hyper bench at gym.
    leg extentions > leg press twice a week? extensions irritate the arthritis in my right knee something chronic.

where would i be able throw in ohp? BUT not remove flat or incline bench? :P replace incline flies maybe? this one isnt a big issue, i can leave that on the back burner for down the road when i jump on the UL/ppl.

Upper A
    Incline Bench 3x5
    Decline DB Bench 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Bent Over Rows 3x8
    Curls 3x10/Reverse Flies 3x12 Superset

Lower A
    Squats 3x5
    **CABLE PULL THROUGH 3x8**
    Leg Press 3x10
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf raises 3x12 Superset

Upper B
    Bench 3x5
    ** OHP 3x8**
    Pullups 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    Face Pulls 3x12/Tricep pressdowns 3x10 Superset

Lower B
    Front Squat 3x5
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    **LEG PRESS 3x10**
    Leg Curls 3x10
    Ab work 3x15/Calf Raises 3x12 Superset
    All of your subs are good ones man. My main concern is the pull throughs being loaded at the bottom and back extensions being loaded at the top. They're very different lifts, but executed on the same plane. Good mornings maybe?

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All of your subs are good ones man. My main concern is the pull throughs being loaded at the bottom and back extensions being loaded at the top. They're very different lifts, but executed on the same plane. Good mornings maybe?
    was having trouble working around not having a hyper bench in the gym..

I thought of:
    good mornings,
    pull through,
    db sldl,
    sitting on the cable pulley row with the bar held at chest under folded arms and doing the extension movement..
    begging someone to hold my feet on a reg bench. (not a fan of this :P haha)

Even as far as moving a bench to a lat pulldown machine to use the knee pads to hook my ankles on :P some real backyard ****!

ill try GM's but ill have to start light as hell! having never done them before.

cheers dude.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    was having trouble working around not having a hyper bench in the gym..

I thought of:
    good mornings,
    pull through,
    db sldl,
    sitting on the cable pulley row with the bar held at chest under folded arms and doing the extension movement..
    begging someone to hold my feet on a reg bench. (not a fan of this :P haha)

Even as far as moving a bench to a lat pulldown machine to use the knee pads to hook my ankles on :P some real backyard ****!

ill try GM's but ill have to start light as hell! having never done them before.

cheers dude.
    See what you think of the GM. You may not like them at all. If that is the case we can find something else for ya.

CallmeNik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bigger Arms

If one of my goals is bigger arms is there anyway I can add some Tricep and bicep isolation excersies to the U/L Spilt? If so which excersies should I take out if any?

If one of my goals is bigger arms is there anyway I can add some Tricep and bicep isolation excersies to the U/L Spilt? If so which excersies should I take out if any?
    it already HAS sets of curls and tri ext's for bi n tri isolation in the U/L.....!?!!

plus you get a LOT of work from bench, incline, press and pendlays, pulldowns, bors...

when your pushing and pulling plates for reps, your arms gonna grow... (IF YOUR EATING)

OnesAndZeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnesAndZeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just wanted to drop in with some progress numbers and get a little feedback on where to go moving forward.

I've been on the beginner program since June 2014 (there was a short period when I tried the U/L 4 day but went back to 3 day).
    I've been stalling a lot lately (probably because I haven't been good about doing deloads and resets like I should), so I took 5 rest days, and dropped my lifts by 20/40 lbs (for the 5/10 increment lifts) and will rebuild upwards.

So moving forward, I am contemplating 2 things (or maybe there is a third better option).
    1) be good about a deload/reset cycle and push forward with beginner for a while longer: drop -20/-40, then rebuild till +10/+20, deload, repeat
    (ex, If at 225 squat, go 185, 195, ...245, deload, 205, 215...265, deload... repeat)
    2) move to an intermediate (either U/L 4 day or the U/L + LPP 5 day)

Numbers:
    Weight: ~180 since June. I was overweight with plenty of fat, so I basically slowly transitioned fat weight to muscle weight, without any significant cut or bulk
    lift June2014 / now(before reset)
    Squat 3x5 @135 / @235
    Bench 3x5 @95 / @180
    Pendlay Rows 3x8 @95 / @155
    Deadlift 3x5 @155 / @285
    Incline 3x5 @75 / @140

Thoughts? (thanks!)

mph1986 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fierce 5

Hi Davis been doing the novice for about 3 12 weeks and can't add any weight anymore after a deload on 3-4 lifts thinking of changeling to the u/l what weight should I start with on the u/l routine

Originally Posted by mph1986 View Post
    Hi Davis been doing the novice for about 3 12 weeks and can't add any weight anymore after a deload on 3-4 lifts thinking of changeling to the u/l what weight should I start with on the u/l routine
    did you deload? or reset? 2 very different things right there friend.

A deload is a week~ of rest, no gym (or very light low volume sessions)
    A reset is taking 15% off the top of your failed weights and rebuilding back up, to break your last failed weight.

Also without listing your lifts, no one can even suggest what you should lift, tho that should be down to feel most likely anyway.

mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what's the difference between decline DB press vs the ordinary flat DB press? What is a good substitute for the decline press since I don't have access to a db bench.

HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HunterMC6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dan3317 View Post
    If you would enjoy the Upper/Lower schedule better, then I say go for it. I ran an Upper/Lower for my first year back into lifting simply because I didn't care for full body programming, you inevitably end up at the same place regardless once your noob gains are over.
    What Dan said, there really isn't anything wrong with the U/L, I suggested the full body simply based on the numbers you provided, but if you want to lift more days/wk that is perfectly fine. You won't find specific weight guidelines for when to make the switch on this program like you do on others. Make the switch when ever you feel like it is likely the best approach especially if this is a hobby for you like it is for most.
    Workout Journal, Currently back to Fierce 5 Novice: http://tinyurl.com/qgwrlkg

Nursing a hip injury back to health

"Don't give up, don't ever give up" - Jimmy V

Originally Posted by OnesAndZeros View Post
    I just wanted to drop in with some progress numbers and get a little feedback on where to go moving forward.

I've been on the beginner program since June 2014 (there was a short period when I tried the U/L 4 day but went back to 3 day).
    I've been stalling a lot lately (probably because I haven't been good about doing deloads and resets like I should), so I took 5 rest days, and dropped my lifts by 20/40 lbs (for the 5/10 increment lifts) and will rebuild upwards.

So moving forward, I am contemplating 2 things (or maybe there is a third better option).
    1) be good about a deload/reset cycle and push forward with beginner for a while longer: drop -20/-40, then rebuild till +10/+20, deload, repeat
    (ex, If at 225 squat, go 185, 195, ...245, deload, 205, 215...265, deload... repeat)
    2) move to an intermediate (either U/L 4 day or the U/L + LPP 5 day)

Numbers:
    Weight: ~180 since June. I was overweight with plenty of fat, so I basically slowly transitioned fat weight to muscle weight, without any significant cut or bulk
    lift June2014 / now(before reset)
    Squat 3x5 @135 / @235
    Bench 3x5 @95 / @180
    Pendlay Rows 3x8 @95 / @155
    Deadlift 3x5 @155 / @285
    Incline 3x5 @75 / @140

Thoughts? (thanks!)
    Your numbers are good. Moving to intermediate is really your call. If you're bulking and have reset and deloaded and you are still having trouble then move to intermediate. This advice is only intended for you and not anyone else.

Originally Posted by mkeehl22 View Post
    what's the difference between decline DB press vs the ordinary flat DB press? What is a good substitute for the decline press since I don't have access to a db bench.
    Any press can be subbed for any press.

OnesAndZeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OnesAndZeros has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your numbers are good. Moving to intermediate is really your call. If you're bulking and have reset and deloaded and you are still having trouble then move to intermediate. This advice is only intended for you and not anyone else.
    Thanks. I'll report back in a couple months and see how things are going on beginner.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My buddy hasnt been in the gym in 5 years, give or take. He is in good shape and knows basic form. Would it matter if he did the Full body or Upper/lower? I told him to go for the Upper/Lower only because I think he would stay more motivated..

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    My buddy hasnt been in the gym in 5 years, give or take. He is in good shape and knows basic form. Would it matter if he did the Full body or Upper/lower? I told him to go for the Upper/Lower only because I think he would stay more motivated..
    His numbers should climb faster on the novice, but if motivation is an issue then let him run whatever he wants.

mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mkeehl22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Any press can be subbed for any press.
    well if I'm doing OHP on the same day, would subbing in flat bench instead of decline press be too much work for the shoulder?

Originally Posted by mkeehl22 View Post
    well if I'm doing OHP on the same day, would subbing in flat bench instead of decline press be too much work for the shoulder?
    Nope. As long as you only have 2 presses/chest exercises you're fine.

ChristianHejle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Davis!

I've been plagued with chronic back pain for close to a year now, and running the lordosis-program has almost cured me of it, so thanks for that! I'm planning to run it for at least another month, and then move on to the novice program.
    About that: I want to make a few adjustments to the novice program, and I just wanted to get a go-ahead on (or just make sure I'm not messing it up). My adjustments are as follows:
    1. I would rather not do back squats. They have always felt really sketchy on my back, even with low weight. What would be an acceptable sub? I'm thinking Trap Bar Deads (my gym just got a bar), or maybe even leg press?
    2. I prefer my presses to be done with dumbbells. Would I ruin anything by subbing the presses for the DB-versions and upping the reps to 3x8?

The program would look as follows:
    Workout A
    ***Trap Bar Deads 3x5
    ***DB Bench 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    ***Face Pulls 3x10
    Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
    Front Squat 3x5
    ***DB Incline Bench 3x8
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset

Are there any glaring issues with this?

Thanks in advance!

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ChristianHejle View Post
    Hi Davis!

I've been plagued with chronic back pain for close to a year now, and running the lordosis-program has almost cured me of it, so thanks for that! I'm planning to run it for at least another month, and then move on to the novice program.
    About that: I want to make a few adjustments to the novice program, and I just wanted to get a go-ahead on (or just make sure I'm not messing it up). My adjustments are as follows:
    1. I would rather not do back squats. They have always felt really sketchy on my back, even with low weight. What would be an acceptable sub? I'm thinking Trap Bar Deads (my gym just got a bar), or maybe even leg press?
    2. I prefer my presses to be done with dumbbells. Would I ruin anything by subbing the presses for the DB-versions and upping the reps to 3x8?

The program would look as follows:
    Workout A
    ***Trap Bar Deads 3x5
    ***DB Bench 3x8
    Pendlay Rows 3x8
    ***Face Pulls 3x10
    Calf raises 2x15/Tricep pressdowns 2x10 Superset

Workout B
    Front Squat 3x5
    ***DB Incline Bench 3x8
    Romanian Deadlift 3x8
    Lat Pulldowns 3x8
    Ab work 2x15/Curls 2x10 Superset

Are there any glaring issues with this?

Thanks in advance!
    I'm not Davis, but I asked once if I could avoid squats as you mention, and he gave me this template:

Workout A:

- Leg press 3x8
    - Bench press 3x5
    - Pendlay row 3x8
    - Leg curl 3x8
    - Reverse flyes 3x10
    - Calves/Triceps

Workout B:

- Leg press 3x8
    - Incline bench 3x5
    - Leg curl 3x8
    - Lat pulldown 3x8
    - Shrugs 3x10
    - Biceps/Abs

I would wait for his confirmation, though.

Run the leg press and leg curl as mentioned above, but also leave the front squats/RDL on B workout if you feel good with it.