Page 49 of 278 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 8322
    TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I personally love heavy singles and neural style sets. Just feels good man.

As for bench I spent a TON of time dialing everything in and found for my bar path, arch, limb length...etc was best for a pinky on the rings grip for legit PL bar or an index on the rings for the somehow more common slightly smaller bar. My torso grip width (CGBP) is actually not very far behind my competition grip bench.

A flye is a flye IMO.

Yes pinky on the ring is what I switched to. Its probably better for shoulder health than index on the ring.

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Yes pinky on the ring is what I switched to. Its probably better for shoulder health than index on the ring.
    All depends on your arch, path, touch point and limb length. That and the main two bars seen are off by a few centimeters on ring width.

Edit: Just noticed I said index on my last post. I meant ring finger...and that was for a smaller width bar as well. I forget the measurements at the moment.
    Experience, not just theory

LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LeBearBear has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

There is no exercise as good as hip thrusts or glute bridges for this issue IMO. Pick an ab exercise; you're overthinking it.

Do a search for lordosis stretches.
    Thank you very much for your reply Davis. Tbh I was just reluctant to do glute bridges because of the weird stares I get in the gym.

Bit the bullet today and did them, and you're right, nothing hits the glutes like them. Will keep it up and post progress pics as I fix my issues.

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LeBearBear View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply Davis. Tbh I was just reluctant to do glute bridges because of the weird stares I get in the gym.

Bit the bullet today and did them, and you're right, nothing hits the glutes like them. Will keep it up and post progress pics as I fix my issues.
    They do look a bit awkward I agree, but they are the best glute lift period. That and they do the best job of avoiding the muscles you don't want to work while fixing posture. When you're hip thrusting over 400lbs you'll get a different kind of look. lol. The weight adds up very quickly on hip thrusts. I was doing mid 700s in just a few months.

Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

From novice to intermediate

Hi Davis,

I am trying to join the army so wanted to incorporate army training into my program. Any suggestions on how i can incorporate that into my program? Squid replied to me on the other thread but i wanted to hear your opinion if you had any thoughts.

Also, i wanted to switch to intermediate upper/lower for flexibility with my schedule and to cure my postural problem.
    Currently i am at the following for my main lifts:
    Squat: 275 lb
    Bench: 195 lb
    RDL: 275 lb
    Will i benefit in switching to intermediate upper/lower? If yes, what weight should i start?

Having said that,
    I wanted to get a professional opinion. So should I visit a chiropractor or a physical therapist?

Originally Posted by Sajjankc View Post
    Hi Davis,

I am trying to join the army so wanted to incorporate army training into my program. Any suggestions on how i can incorporate that into my program? Squid replied to me on the other thread but i wanted to hear your opinion if you had any thoughts.

Also, i wanted to switch to intermediate upper/lower for flexibility with my schedule and to cure my postural problem.
    Currently i am at the following for my main lifts:
    Squat: 275 lb
    Bench: 195 lb
    RDL: 275 lb
    Will i benefit in switching to intermediate upper/lower? If yes, what weight should i start?

Having said that,
    I wanted to get a professional opinion. So should I visit a chiropractor or a physical therapist?
    1. Seeing a physical therapist for one visit is extremely helpful.

2. If you have a postural issue then you run the postural routine and don't do anything else.

3. Seems like it may be a good time to switch to intermediate programming given your lifts.

4. If you don't have a postural issue then you can have a calisthenics day worked into the program somewhere...works best on a full body routine though.

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have been sick since Saturday, and im doing the 5 day plan, and havent gone to the gym yet this week. Should I just consider this to be a deload, and drop weight a bit when I get back in? This week would have been a weight increase week for me too.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

Originally Posted by dgoyena216 View Post
    I have been sick since Saturday, and im doing the 5 day plan, and havent gone to the gym yet this week. Should I just consider this to be a deload, and drop weight a bit when I get back in? This week would have been a weight increase week for me too.
    Yes, don't drop weight.

Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sajjankc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1. Seeing a physical therapist for one visit is extremely helpful.

2. If you have a postural issue then you run the postural routine and don't do anything else.

3. Seems like it may be a good time to switch to intermediate programming given your lifts.

4. If you don't have a postural issue then you can have a calisthenics day worked into the program somewhere...works best on a full body routine though.
    Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Any preference on a physical therapist over a chiropractor?
    Also,
    What weight do i start if i am doing the lordosis lower? I apologize if that has already been asked and answered.

Thanks a lot for the reply.
    Any preference on a physical therapist over a chiropractor?
    Also,
    What weight do i start if i am doing the lordosis lower? I apologize if that has already been asked and answered.
    Physical therapist by a mile. You'll have to figure out your own weights bud.

Physical therapist by a mile. You'll have to figure out your own weights bud.
    Am I applying the same weight progression for lordosis lower as the one for lower in your upper/lower intermediate?

Am I applying the same weight progression for lordosis lower as the one for lower in your upper/lower intermediate?
    If you're a beginner use the beginner progression. If you're intermediate then use intermediate progression.

xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xxx_jfb_xxx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Subbed.

Did day 1 of the upper/lower split and loved it! I usually go for 10-15 reps, so it's a nice change of pace for me.

Question that's probably been answered a million times before, rest times? I rested about 3 minutes in between sets. Great program!
    The journey toward perfection is ALWAYS a path of successes AND failures.

NO REPS LEFT BEHIND!!!

Originally Posted by xxx_jfb_xxx View Post
    Subbed.

Did day 1 of the upper/lower split and loved it! I usually go for 10-15 reps, so it's a nice change of pace for me.

Question that's probably been answered a million times before, rest times? I rested about 3 minutes in between sets. Great program!
    Similar question,
    Rest time for lower lordosis posture program?
    Thank you Davis

It's in the FAQs gentlemen.

dcaponed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee pain with squats

Hey so I've been following your Intermediate upper/lower and LPP plan for about a month now (love it so far). However I have one problem: Back squats are in place twice a week for this plan (Lower A, Legs). This is not necessarily a bad thing since squats are a weak point for me but my knees are having a hard time recovering fast enough for each squat session. For this reason, I'm experiencing some knee ache/soreness during and after those days. I don't believe my form to be the problem, as I've asked people to check and have internalized the fundamentals (toes pointed slightly out, knees/hips back in "sitting position", knee not crossing over horizontal plane of toes)

Could it be that it is just too much volume for my legs to squat twice a week? I have some intense basketball sessions for 2-3 hours once a week if that could be a factor. Are there any viable subs for the back squat? (you have listed subs for the front squat, but not back squat). In addition I am planning on buying knee sleeves to help, but I don't want to simply cover up the problem.

Any and all advice for this problem would be a huge help. Thank you and happy lifting.

Originally Posted by dcaponed View Post
    Hey so I've been following your Intermediate upper/lower and LPP plan for about a month now (love it so far). However I have one problem: Back squats are in place twice a week for this plan (Lower A, Legs). This is not necessarily a bad thing since squats are a weak point for me but my knees are having a hard time recovering fast enough for each squat session. For this reason, I'm experiencing some knee ache/soreness during and after those days. I don't believe my form to be the problem, as I've asked people to check and have internalized the fundamentals (toes pointed slightly out, knees/hips back in "sitting position", knee not crossing over horizontal plane of toes)

Could it be that it is just too much volume for my legs to squat twice a week? I have some intense basketball sessions for 2-3 hours once a week if that could be a factor. Are there any viable subs for the back squat? (you have listed subs for the front squat, but not back squat). In addition I am planning on buying knee sleeves to help, but I don't want to simply cover up the problem.

Any and all advice for this problem would be a huge help. Thank you and happy lifting.
    I'd post a video from the side and back if you have it. I'd also see a doctor.

Abs workout do's and don't

Hi Davis,

Is there amy ab workout that I should avoid that might worsen my lordosis or not be as effective?
    I read online that there are ab workout that specifically help with lordosis. Any thoughts on any "specific" ab workout?

Hi Davis,

Is there amy ab workout that I should avoid that might worsen my lordosis or not be as effective?
    I read online that there are ab workout that specifically help with lordosis. Any thoughts on any "specific" ab workout?
    I am personally a big fan of ab wheel rollouts. Learning to keep proper back positioning during the lift is quite helpful for posture purposes. There are many others though; feel free to do some research and post up your findings.

mcroyalx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ummm, we don't have any 2.5lbs plates at my gym, the lowest is 5lbs, so its really difficult to put on 10lbs all at once on my upper body lifts. So what would you suggest me, Davis?

And also, Leg Curl and Leg Extension machines go up by 7kg at once, so how do I progress on these?

benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) benh2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mcroyalx View Post
    Ummm, we don't have any 2.5lbs plates at my gym, the lowest is 5lbs, so its really difficult to put on 10lbs all at once on my upper body lifts. So what would you suggest me, Davis?

And also, Leg Curl and Leg Extension machines go up by 7kg at once, so how do I progress on these?
    Again, it's in the FAQs.

CallmeNik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ul/ppl

For the UL/PPL could I swap pull day and push day around, If I can't what's the reasoning behind it. Also I know the no adding rule but would adding a set of curls on pull day be bad? I'm going to be doing sweet sixteens so I'd like to do sets of 2 outside 2 inside.
    Last edited by CallmeNik; 09-10-2015 at 05:44 AM.

Originally Posted by CallmeNik View Post
    For the UL/PPL could I swap pull day and push day around, If I can't what's the reasoning behind it. Also I know the no adding rule but would adding a set of curls on pull day be bad? I'm going to be doing sweet sixteens so I'd like to do sets of 2 outside 2 inside.
    Pull day should be isolated from leg day since they both work back pretty good. There is also some light shoulder overlap. It's the best way to run a PPL format, but you can do as you wish. It's not the end of the world. Adding a single set of curls is fine.

CallmeNik has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pull day should be isolated from leg day since they both work back pretty good. There is also some light shoulder overlap. It's the best way to run a PPL format, but you can do as you wish. It's not the end of the world. Adding a single set of curls is fine.
    Alright I'll keep to normal thanks , also should I do 2 sets of 16 or just 4 sets of 8? I was going to do 8 outside 8 inside of ez curl bar

Originally Posted by CallmeNik View Post
    Alright I'll keep to normal thanks , also should I do 2 sets of 16 or just 4 sets of 8? I was going to do 8 outside 8 inside of ez curl bar
    Your biceps bud. Do what you like.

dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dyee4613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bump great routine. Can't wait to get back on it.

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Got back into gym today for push day for the 5 day plan, and just last week I was doing 90lbs on overhead press, but last 2 says was definitely stuggling getting the 6 reps in. This week after not being in the gym for 5 days, I did 90 again and went back down to the 5 reps, and it definitely felt easy, like I could probably do like 7-8 reps. I should have done 95 this week so that the progression scheme wasnt mess up. I also went down to 160 from 165 since I failed 165 two days in a row last week and week before. Did 160 with no problems all 3 sets.
    Last edited by dgoyena216; 09-11-2015 at 10:24 AM.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -

Originally Posted by dgoyena216 View Post
    Got back into gym today for push day for the 5 day plan, and just last week I was doing 90lbs on overhead press, but last 2 says was definitely stuggling getting the 6 reps in. This week after not being in the gym for 5 days, I did 90 again and went back down to the 5 reps, and it definitely felt easy, like I could probably do like 7-8 reps. I should have done 95 this week so that the progression scheme wasnt mess up. I also went down to 160 from 165 since I failed 165 two days in a row last week and week before. Did 160 with no problems all 3 sets.
    Consistency is what got you there. Tiny variances along the way to the top are compulsory, but your consistency will outweigh the other factors.

MakeAllKindzz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello Davis. I have a tiny bit of lordosis and my glute activation is fine, but I have kyphosis that I really need to fix. I was wondering for the lat pulldown how do you actually focus on the upper back? Do you have an example or a video? I read back on the posts and you said to not lean back, but lats are not what you want to work for kyphosis. In this video at 2:12 copy and paste after youtube /watch?v=paIQfKZ4xC4 he says not leaning back works more lats. Am I wrong or is this ok? I don't have that same machine he has at my gym so I have to use the one with bar. Also do you use wide group or shoulder width grip for lat pulldown?

Also I was wondering for glutes if the exercise at 7:45 in this video is going to worsen kyphosis or cause more lordosis or if its fine and a good exercise: /watch?v=KudaOfVaMK8 the exercise is called db sprinter lunges if you already know about it. If it's not I was wondering what are the best glute exercises besides hip thrust. Thanks Davis.

Originally Posted by MakeAllKindzz View Post
    Hello Davis. I have a tiny bit of lordosis and my glute activation is fine, but I have kyphosis that I really need to fix. I was wondering for the lat pulldown how do you actually focus on the upper back? Do you have an example or a video? I read back on the posts and you said to not lean back, but lats are not what you want to work for kyphosis. In this video at 2:12 copy and paste after youtube /watch?v=paIQfKZ4xC4 he says not leaning back works more lats. Am I wrong or is this ok? I don't have that same machine he has at my gym so I have to use the one with bar. Also do you use wide group or shoulder width grip for lat pulldown?

Also I was wondering for glutes if the exercise at 7:45 in this video is going to worsen kyphosis or cause more lordosis or if its fine and a good exercise: /watch?v=KudaOfVaMK8 the exercise is called db sprinter lunges if you already know about it. If it's not I was wondering what are the best glute exercises besides hip thrust. Thanks Davis.
    It's a mind muscle connection kind of thing. You want a downward pull, but want to minimize lat involvement. I don't know the post you're referring to, but I may have assumed the person was wanting to lean way back as ego lifters do. The point for you to take away is to use the form that allows you to get a great upper back workout when doing them and minimize lats. I can do that very well completely upright, but everyone is different. I use both shoulder and wide grip.

Having a hard time watching videos lately. Not familiar with them; however, just knowing it is a lunge tells me it works quads and is likely not good.

Hip thrusts or glute bridge. They look awkward, but are far superior working glutes while avoiding the bad muscles.