Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Foods Like Cottage Cheese

Generous advisers of the bb forums, I'm seeking your wisdom. Before I begin, a quick thanks to everyone who contributes to this community and has helped me stay informed and motivated as I start walking the path. Moving right along...

I am in the process of shedding fat. So far 2% in 2 months, which I'm proud of... AND I owe a lot of it to the advice on these forums AND, you guessed it, cottage cheese. When I discovered the amazing nutritional profile of lowfat cottage cheese I was enamored. High protein. Low fat. Low carbs = cutting glory. And, it tastes good.

I work a demanding job and don't leave myself enough time to cook. So far, I've found two other packaged foods that taste good and have awesome profiles = jerky and dried edamame. Doing SL 5x5 and eating these foods when I get hungry at my desk has done me really well.

Seeking advice on other enjoyable already made foods which have similarly high protein low fat and low carbs:

1) What do you like to snack on in large quantities without interfering with your macros/deficit?

2) I will commit to preparing more of my own foods (grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, spinach) if you please refrain from telling me to do so in lieu of answering my posted question!

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Probably the closest substitution, which I personally prefer, is 0% greek yogurt. It's got a very similar macronutrient profile, but with a different consistency and a lot less sodium (even though that's usually not a concern).

Greek yogurt is probably the most satiating protein source, imo of course (relative to kcal)

Dark chocolate (99% or 100%) is probably the most satiating fat source, again imo

Otherwise, fruits and veggies, and lots of them.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ExileOnMainSt View Post
    Generous advisers of the bb forums, I'm seeking your wisdom. Before I begin, a quick thanks to everyone who contributes to this community and has helped me stay informed and motivated as I start walking the path. Moving right along...

I am in the process of shedding fat. So far 2% in 2 months, which I'm proud of... AND I owe a lot of it to the advice on these forums AND, you guessed it, cottage cheese. When I discovered the amazing nutritional profile of lowfat cottage cheese I was enamored. High protein. Low fat. Low carbs = cutting glory. And, it tastes good.

I work a demanding job and don't leave myself enough time to cook. So far, I've found two other packaged foods that taste good and have awesome profiles = jerky and dried edamame. Doing SL 5x5 and eating these foods when I get hungry at my desk has done me really well.

Seeking advice on other enjoyable already made foods which have similarly high protein low fat and low carbs:

1) What do you like to snack on in large quantities without interfering with your macros/deficit?

2) I will commit to preparing more of my own foods (grilled chicken, fish, broccoli, spinach) if you please refrain from telling me to do so in lieu of answering my posted question!
    I've never "snacked;" I just eat a regular meal when I'm hungry.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Typical snacks for me are boiled eggs (with sriracha is awesome!), banana, cheese, leftover meat, hummus/veggies...

I might throw out a question of how full you are after your normal "meals" because some tweaking there to include more veggies could keep you feeling full longer. My go-to lunch is a salad with romaine lettuce, onions, cucumber, carrots, whatever meat I have on hand, cheese, olive oil, and vinegar. There are obviously tons of combos... Sounds boring, but it's I guess a matter if you enjoy some combo of veggies/meat/cheese/dressings that keep it within your macros.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a feeling your understanding of nutrition is quite weak, outdated and/or flawed.

Please read the nutrition forum stickies by Emma-Leigh and others.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

OutlawFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PLAIN Greek yogurt is a fantastic option. It has an even better profile than Cottage Cheese, if you can believe it.

Consider adding Walden Farms 0 calorie maple syrup to it, or a small amount of water flavouring (Mio, Dasani) to it for flavor. Delicious and nutritious.

HOWEVER, you don't need to eat like that and restrict yourself like that. You can snack on anything you like really, so long as it fits in with your daily macro allotment. Get this dealt with first and foremost, and you'll find yourself unrestricted in your snacking preferences. Hope this helps!
    Writer for Outlaw Fitness, Vancouver BC, Canada

Evidence-based muscle and fat loss: http://www.OutlawFitnessHQ.com

ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ExileOnMainSt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by loganhart View Post
    I have a feeling your understanding of nutrition is quite weak, outdated and/or flawed.

Please read the nutrition forum stickies by Emma-Leigh and others.
    What are you basing that claim on, specifically? Are healthy, satisfying, lean foods with high protein content, such as cottage cheese, jerky and edamame not a good option when cutting?

Also, for brevity's sake, you should consider eliminating either "weak" or "flawed" from your unnecessarily negative post given that they mean the same thing in this context.

Everyone else: awesome suggestions.

davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000) davidolson22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Not sure why low fat snacks are ones you consider good. Fat and protein both have minimums you should be hitting for your health and muscles. Read the stickies.
    May 3 - 183 ; May 10 - 181; May 17 - 181; May 24 - 181; May 30 - 178.5 ; Jun 7 - 176.5; Jun 14 - 174.5; Jun 20 - 173;
    Jun 28 - 172.5; July 5th - 171; July 12th - 171; July 19 - 170;

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    What are you basing that claim on, specifically? Are healthy, satisfying, lean foods with high protein content, such as cottage cheese, jerky and edamame not a good option when cutting?

Also, for brevity's sake, you should consider eliminating either "weak" or "flawed" from your unnecessarily negative post given that they mean the same thing in this context.
    I assume its from your post including terms like these

"High protein. Low fat. Low carbs = cutting glory"

"Are healthy, satisfying, lean foods with high protein content"

What exactly makes these foods "healthy"?

You can eat any food you wish while cutting, losing weight is about energy balance, eat less than the body needs, your gonna lose weight, searching for foods high in protein and low in other macros is not necessary, although meeting specific macro requirements are recommended.
    Eat the damn yolk.

loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) loganhart has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The bolded.

No food will lose weight for you. Only a calorie defacit. Your diet as a whole is what matters, not a specific food option.

There is no need to eat low carb, low fat. Neither make you fat. Again, your diet as a whole determines this.

No one is going to tell you what to eat. No one knows what types of food you enjoy. The options are literally endless.

I apologize if I came off as negative or condescending. When reading your post I noticed some red flags that are present in 80% of the daily posts on this forum by new guys.

But, if you haven't read the stickies, they are of great value. I always suggest new posters read them.

As for correcting my choice of words describing your understanding. Weak was referring to any factual knowledge you posses appears to be minimal. Flawed was referring to some of your knowledge appearing to be inaccurate.

Anyways,

Congrats on your progress thus far and good luck on your journey to your goal.
    Last edited by loganhart; 07-07-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    "There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift"

-Jón Páll Sigmarsson

Originally Posted by davidolson22 View Post
    Not sure why low fat snacks are ones you consider good. Fat and protein both have minimums you should be hitting for your health and muscles. Read the stickies.
    Yes... They all have minimums, but the minimums are significantly less for fat and carbs, right? Or are they? Just want to maintain muscle mass and lose fat. So identifying foods that are enjoyable and fit this profile would be beneficial for snacking, because hitting protein macros would take more effort in my situation, which I described in the OP. Also, regarding what I mean by good? In terms of being healthy, cottage cheese and edamame in particular have lots of nutrients that wouldn't be found if I hit my macros by eating whey protein, potato chips, and white bread. I will read some more stickies today - not shying away from that advice.
    Last edited by ExileOnMainSt; 07-08-2014 at 06:11 AM.

Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    I assume its from your post including terms like these

"High protein. Low fat. Low carbs = cutting glory"

"Are healthy, satisfying, lean foods with high protein content"

What exactly makes these foods "healthy"?

You can eat any food you wish while cutting, losing weight is about energy balance, eat less than the body needs, your gonna lose weight, searching for foods high in protein and low in other macros is not necessary, although meeting specific macro requirements are recommended.
    Losing weight, yes, but I'm trying to lose fat while losing weight so it's about percentages not just overall deficit, right? That was in the OP. Particularly when I'm lifting.

You acknowledge meeting macros is recommended in your post. The OP was asking for high protein, low fat, low carb snacks* which have helped me reach my goals of lowering fat without losing strength because they fill me up and provide enough protein, which helps me hit my macros. Do you have any that you like?

In terms of them being healthy, I'm referring to the fact that these foods are rich in vitamins/minerals/etc. that are good for your body. Are you saying that there is no such thing as a healthy food?

savagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) savagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    Probably the closest substitution, which I personally prefer, is 0% greek yogurt. It's got a very similar macronutrient profile, but with a different consistency and a lot less sodium (even though that's usually not a concern).

Greek yogurt is probably the most satiating protein source, imo of course (relative to kcal)

Dark chocolate (99% or 100%) is probably the most satiating fat source, again imo

Otherwise, fruits and veggies, and lots of them.
    this

Originally Posted by loganhart View Post
    The bolded.

No food will lose weight for you. Only a calorie defacit. Your diet as a whole is what matters, not a specific food option.

There is no need to eat low carb, low fat. Neither make you fat. Again, your diet as a whole determines this.

No one is going to tell you what to eat. No one knows what types of food you enjoy. The options are literally endless.

I apologize if I came off as negative or condescending. When reading your post I noticed some red flags that are present in 80% of the daily posts on this forum by new guys.

But, if you haven't read the stickies, they are of great value. I always suggest new posters read them.

As for correcting my choice of words describing your understanding. Weak was referring to any factual knowledge you posses appears to be minimal. Flawed was referring to some of your knowledge appearing to be inaccurate.

Anyways,

Congrats on your progress thus far and good luck on your journey to your goal.
    I appreciate it and thanks for making some good points that will help me. I think perhaps eating many high protein low fat low carb foods in conjunction with vegetables has worked best for me so far because they typically are lower in calories and still satisfy me adequately.

That's why I was looking for similar food suggestions in my OP. Got some good ideas. I know that no one can tell me what to eat and similarly no one can tell you what exact worjout regiment to follow; however, these forums are here for suggestions, and I got some good replies.

Brb in gym actually working toward my goals, haha

jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jinkty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ...do you hate green?

Originally Posted by jinkty View Post
    ...do you hate green?
    Referring to vegetables? Money? Being repped on bb.com? Weed?

In all of these cases - I like green.

BTW jokes aside I srsly didn't get what you meant.
    Last edited by ExileOnMainSt; 07-08-2014 at 07:04 AM.

SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) SouthDakotaBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Referring to vegetables? Money? Being repped on bb.com? Weed?

In all of these cases - I like green.
    Was going to make an actual post in this thread until I read these

God ****ing DAMN you sound like somebody who would make me want to kill myself if I had to spend more than 5 minutes with you in real life

Originally Posted by SouthDakotaBrah View Post
    Was going to make an actual post in this thread until I read these

God ****ing DAMN you sound like somebody who would make me want to kill myself if I had to spend more than 5 minutes with you in real life
    That's cool, man. I took the liberty of finding your most recent post:

"heh heh slowly introducing carbs back in while reversing

dem der OATS

dem der SWEET POTATOS

dat der APPLES

srs"

But I'm sure you're a cool guy most of the time and just had a lapse in judgement when you decided to be an ass on this thread. I'm still open to actual posts if you change your mind, bud.

monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) monsterBEN is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    1. The bolded portion doesn't compute. Either you're snacking on large quantities of macro-nutritionally empty foods, or your "snacking" is becoming a full blown meal.

2. Nothing technically "interferes" with your macros. You either make it fit in your macros, or you don't.

3. The best answer to your question would be plain greek yogurt, but it's not going to taste very good by itself.

Protip: It sounds like you're looking for quick satiating food options. Don't be afraid of dietary fat. It's your friend, and will open up a lot of "on-the-go" options (hard-boiled egg, nuts, etc.)
    Redskins | San Antonio Basketball Team | Washington Baseball Team | Washington Hockey Team

*** MISC Cigar Crew ***

Originally Posted by monsterBEN View Post
    1. The bolded portion doesn't compute. Either you're snacking on large quantities of macro-nutritionally empty foods, or your "snacking" is becoming a full blown meal.

2. Nothing technically "interferes" with your macros. You either make it fit in your macros, or you don't.

3. The best answer to your question would be plain greek yogurt, but it's not going to taste very good by itself.

Protip: It sounds like you're looking for quick satiating food options. Don't be afraid of dietary fat. It's your friend, and will open up a lot of "on-the-go" options (hard-boiled egg, nuts, etc.)
    Thanks for your help, man. Psyched on hard-boiled eggs and Greek yogurt. I guess what I was getting at, and I am new so am wide open to advice, is that cottage cheese is one of the foods I've found I can eat in large quantity without racking up too many calories. And it has a ton of protein which is helpful since, as a beginner, getting enough protein in my diet (let's say 1lb per lb of bw just for good measure) has been a challenge. So I guess it just happens to be a good fit for me in balancing cals/macros? Does that make any sense?

I may just have an issue with self control. What I'm gathering from all of the great responses I've received so far is that I won't have to limit my diet so much when I get more focused and regimented with diet. Like maybe I would have better luck with nuts (high calorie food) if I only brought a certain quantity of nuts to work every day in a ziplock, for example. That way, I can get the appropriate amount of healthy fats that I need.. most likely not getting enough dietary fat from a bit of fish oil every night. Is that kind of what you're getting at? Do you have any thoughts or suggestions on monitoring calorie intake when you're super hungry after a workout?

I've already started reading more of the stickies and it has been very helpful, appreciate everyone’s advice on that. I think getting responses in this forum has been really helpful to, it's been awesome getting responses and learning from more experienced folks in a social setting.

jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jonathan8610 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Greek yogurt has a similar profile to cottage cheese. IMO, it tastes better as well. In 1 cup of LF cottage cheese its about 170 cals and 26g protein, in 1 cup of 0% greek yogurt there's 130 cals and 23g protein.
    Last edited by jonathan8610; 07-08-2014 at 11:41 AM.

BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BazingaO is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My favorite snacks are: fat free greek yogurt, fruits, cucumber/carrots/tomatoes, sliced chicken/turkey, canned tuna with greek yogurt, omelette (less yolks if you want a low cal).

They are either high in protein or low in calories and are all satiating in my opinion.

Fat sources such as peanut butter, nuts, avocados or dark chocolate are pretty satiating and provide some good micronutrients.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Losing weight, yes, but I'm trying to lose fat while losing weight so it's about percentages not just overall deficit, right?
    How do you mean?

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    How do you mean?

I think he was referring to the fact that a 500 kcal deficit with 10g protein will yield different results than a 500 kcal deficit with 200g protein (in terms of LBM vs. fat loss).

Unless you meant to isolate the word 'percentages' and correct him by telling him to use absolute values instead.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think he was referring to the fact that a 500 kcal deficit with 10g protein will yield different results than a 500 kcal deficit with 200g protein (in terms of LBM vs. fat loss).
    You're being very kind to him

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    You're being very kind to him

lol maybe, but that's honestly how I interpreted when I first read it (before you had quoted it)

lol maybe, but that's honestly how I interpreted when I first read it (before you had quoted it)
    As you already sensed, to me it sounded like he's shooting for a specific ratio 40:40:20 or so. Which would explain his interest in low carb, low fat foods.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Losing weight, yes, but I'm trying to lose fat while losing weight so it's about percentages not just overall deficit, right? That was in the OP. Particularly when I'm lifting.

You acknowledge meeting macros is recommended in your post. The OP was asking for high protein, low fat, low carb snacks* which have helped me reach my goals of lowering fat without losing strength because they fill me up and provide enough protein, which helps me hit my macros. Do you have any that you like?

In terms of them being healthy, I'm referring to the fact that these foods are rich in vitamins/minerals/etc. that are good for your body. Are you saying that there is no such thing as a healthy food?
    Well there are plenty of foods you can eat that are high in fat that are micro dense, what is your take on a food that is unhealthy?

I dont really snack, I just eat meals, if I were going to snack however, I would just eat what is available, I can fit most into my calorie intake and my macro's vary from day to day, all while ensuring I hit my minimums etc..
    Eat the damn yolk.