Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) randomguy20 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrFrumble View Post
    LOL at you trying to reason with a silva fanboy
    I like Weidman, Machida and Silva. I was rooting for Weidman in the 2nd silva fight. nothing I said should lead anyone to think im a Silva fanboy. if anything I was defending Machida more. logic, not even once.

I was just defending the fact the Machida and Silva are more skilled strikers than Weidman, to sword_.

if you think otherwise, you're just wrong, and it's ok. get mad or whatever. Weidman is clearly better than Silva and Machida at this point. and would most likely beat them again and again in an mma fight. I never said otherwise. people who do, don't know what they're talking about.

Weidman is more durable and has a lot more power than Silva and Machida, and that's the main reason he is better. physical ability. all im saying.

I think sword_ was just trying to give him props though, that he does have some good timing and skill, more than he thought before. that he is not JUST physical ability.

you see stuff like that all the time in football, where a guy with more physical talent or ability beats a more skilled and experienced guy.

wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) wyld3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree there. weidman's physical strength and toughness definitely played a huge role. as well as his sheer will to win.

JiuJitsuBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiuJitsuBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiuJitsuBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiuJitsuBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JiuJitsuBrah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Weidman defeated one of my favourite fighters in Machida, but my jimmies remain unrustled. The guy is just a great fighter. He may not have the most interesting personnality, but at least he's not a douche like Jones.

chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000) chucksmanhood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ****nygains View Post
    I wouldn't say he MANHANDLED Machida, he won, but in no way did he dominate him. Now Jones manhandled Machida. Weidman rode out a decision and looked tired in the 4th and 5th rounds. Not saying he wasn't impressive, he was, being able to stifle Machida's fighting style is always impressive. So he is a great fighter. And there is no real reason not to like him, besides the troll opinion of "he has no personality".
    I'd say Chida done better against Jones than Weidman.

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    he used to rustle my jimmies pre silva fights because I thought he got undeserved hype, even looking back at the time beating a fat mark munoz and ww demian maia seriously wasn't that great, but after his machida fight I accept he is legit, he seems like a chill guy too so

Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Musc1eBound is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Answer1o1 View Post
    I have never understood this types of mentalities. "If Silva didn't mess around", stop right there. The fact is he did mess around. He put his hands down like an idiot then paid for it. Done. Get over it. Stop with the "what ifs" or "if he didn't". What happened, happened. It's over. Nothing can be changed. That is why you take your opponent's serious and not fuark around like a moron. The second fight Silva was losing. He almost got finished in the first round, again. Second round Weidman checked Silva's chicken legs then one snapped. And dafuq are you saying by "he didn't win on his terms"? So winning isn't winning anymore unless its a KO or sub? He beat his opponent for 25 minutes. Decisively. It wasn't a split dec. He whooped on Machida the entire fight. You don't make sense broski
    Best post ITT.
    NPC Amateur.

Central Texas Showdown 2012: No placing
    Independence Day Classic 2014: 3rd Place - Novice Heavyweight

Mind + Body + Nature + Universe

"Life doesn't exist anywhere but Earth? That's like taking a cup of ocean water and saying there aren't any whales in the ocean." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Think abstract, ask questions.

ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Radioactive Man View Post
    He's dominated Silva in every round they fought and beat him 2/2 in devastating fashion. Beat Machida convincingly. Yet some people still can't muster the ability to say "He deserves to be the champion". Is it because Silva fanboys are still butthurt? Or are Machida fanboys just as bad as they are? Or both? You may not like Weidman, but you gotta at least admit he deserves to be the champion and didn't become one via luck. He's been tested 3 times now. Passed it all times. And yet, according to some of you, he's still a question mark? Okay.
    He took out who was arguably the greatest MMA fighter ever who also happened to be aging and popular. Old greats always get dominated at some point if they stay in the game long enough. It usually says more about the older fighter losing it than the new guy being something special. Weidman is obviously very good, but he'll be considered a dominant champion once he actually becomes a dominant champ by getting a couple more defenses under his belt.

ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ineedadrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ImDangerous View Post
    lol, strong denial. the anderson that beat lutter would get crushed by weidman, the anderson that beat sonnen would get crushed with weidman. the anderson that beat maia would get crushed by weidman. deal with it.
    So far, unlikely. That's like saying Tarver would've beaten prime RJJ, Ken Norton would've beaten prime Ali, Bigfoot Silva would've beaten prime Fedor.

This is something that has happened ALL the time in the history of fight sports. It's only in a young sport like MMA where you have people immediately declare the greatness of the young champ and say that he would've always won.
    Last edited by ineedadrink; 07-10-2014 at 09:33 AM.

BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000) BruceBruce325 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i think the problem boils down to there are fanboys, just bleeders and people that actually follow the sport.

weidman is a genetic fighting freak of nature.

all you need to do is look into his bjj career and understand this guy is a FREAK and a natural athlete.

sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000) sosasaysso is just really nice. (+1000)
    I, for one, welcome our new Crisp Whiteman overlord.

miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) miscHelix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont understand it either. A lot of people i talk to will consider his title reign to have a * beside it.Mostly based on the fact of how the silva fights played out. He fought michida to what i considered a 4-1 win in rounds. That is no easy feat. He earned my respect and he may not be flashy as hell he does have a solid base.