K-Dubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

doing dumbell shoulder press

my workout partner and i have gotten pretty strong in these....70, 75, 75, 80 x8. I was wondering if it will do any damage to your shoulders bringing them off of our shoulders? I mean when we do the exercise we go down just a little past where our upper arms are parallel with the ground (even with the ears)..so are putting extra stress on our shoulders when we push them up for the first time (from when our upper arms are down to our sides to the locked out position)? Or should the spotter help us bring it up that first time?
    Last edited by K-Dubb; 08-30-2003 at 02:06 PM.

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have a spotter let him or her help you bring them up. If you're by yourself then lean forward and come back, as you're coming back use your momentum to help you get them up.

K-Dubb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suck at explaining things sorry. I already have the dumbells up to my shoulders. What im talking about is pushing them up off my shoulders for the frist time when my elbows are pointed down towards the ground. Should we have the spotter help bring them up then?

thanks

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by K-Dubb
    I suck at explaining things sorry. I already have the dumbells up to my shoulders. What im talking about is pushing them up off my shoulders for the frist time when my elbows are pointed down towards the ground. Should we have the spotter help bring them up then?

thanks
    Are you talking about the first rep here. I always throw the weights up into the top postition at the beginning of shoulder presses!

If the weight's super heavy, you may want to get a spotter to help you get going!

A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000) A-rod is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And please use full range of motion man , go past paralel if your shoulder flexibility allows .......

Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bignbuff has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally posted by K-Dubb

thanks
    Yes use a spotter if needed.

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    Originally posted by bignbuff
    Yes use a spotter if needed.
    bump but if you need them for the first rep then it is too heavy...