madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help me check my squat form guys! thanks for the help

Hey guys so im a bit sick today, have not been working out for a week now. but today i just decided to test out my 1RM, i hit 130kg but just wanna know if you guys can help to correct my form. thanks!

Last edited by madshat; 07-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Brentjohnf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ican get hammer for this but
    I wouldnt go that deep with that kinda weight if you want to keep your knees breaking parallel is enough going lower will relax your hamstrings and put all the weight on your knees.
    Stop when you break parallel that will keep muscle under tention. I would practcie sitting on a box, your knees are to far in front your toes, spread feet a little might help that. But bodyweight box squats will help focus leaning on your heels to where your toes almost come off the ground then when you add weight it should feel good balance pushing off with heels somewhat but keeping feet flat just have to keep doign it. I cant tell but you should be thurshing hips foward contracting your glutes on the way up. Show ya chest off keep it up high looking up wil help but you dont have too. Just my thoughts but keep squating only way to fix yourself.
    Attached Images
    1rpm
    Sqaut 320
    Bench 225
    Dead Lift 365
    Legpress 751

kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kanis999 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Brentjohnf View Post
    I wouldnt go that deep with that kinda weight if you want to keep your knees breaking parallel is enough going lower will relax your hamstrings and put all the weight on your knees.
    Stop when you break parallel that will keep muscle under tention. I would practcie sitting on a box, your knees are to far in front your toes, spread feet a little might help that. But bodyweight box squats will help focus leaning on your heels to where your toes almost come off the ground then when you add weight it should feel good balance pushing off with heels somewhat but keeping feet flat just have to keep doign it. I cant tell but you should be thurshing hips foward contracting your glutes on the way up. Show ya chest off keep it up high looking up wil help but you dont have too. Just my thoughts but keep squating only way to fix yourself.
    His knees being too far in front of his toes isn't an issue. The balance of the bar itself is what's too far forward. The bar needs to remain aligned over midfoot. If this entails knees going way out in front, then that's fine.

Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Constantine93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nice deep squat. I am only a beginner but it looks good to me. Comment on mine if you can.

Baptised in Fire and Ice DoogShnooglis's Avatar
    DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DoogShnooglis has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kanis999 View Post
    His knees being too far in front of his toes isn't an issue. The balance of the bar itself is what's too far forward. The bar needs to remain aligned over midfoot. If this entails knees going way out in front, then that's fine.
    For a second there I thought I read something about "entrails going out." Thought to myself "that is some serious core tightness..."

But yeah, agreed. The only symptom I see going on there for the most part is the hips raising up slightly quicker than the shoulders for a moment. Doesn't get all crazy out of whack or anything, and I bet the slight misalignment has a lot to do with it.
    I'm a carnal, organic anagram / Human flesh instead of written letters / I rearrange my pathetic tissue / I incise, I replace, I'm reformed / I eradicate the fake pre-present me / Elevate me to a higher human form / The characters I am, made into a word complete / Then I'll be the new norm

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tidnab is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Brentjohnf View Post
    Well, that's just plain wrong. As long as his weight stays back off his toes, knees going forward is not an issue. Nor is losing hamstring tension an issue... loading the hamstrings is a concept that goes with low bar squats and other "powerlifter"-style squats. This is more of an Olympic squat.
    How to eliminate lower back rounding (aka "butt-wink") in the squat, a definitive guide:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153644231

rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rtm0004 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is your heel coming off the ground? Hard to tell with black socks/floor

k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000) k9pit is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Point your elbows down and your core won't lean forward when you come out the hole.

Keep your head up.

I'd bet by doing these 2 things (and drop the weight a little while you get used to these 2 things), a lot of other issues will be solved.

Your foot position and depth look solid.

You look like you have the strength to go far, you just need to clean up the technique.

madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madshat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rtm0004 View Post
    Is your heel coming off the ground? Hard to tell with black socks/floor
    my heels do come off the ground when im using lower weight and doing it explosively, happens at the top when i explode. sort of like a slight calf raise after the lock out. my heels stays on the ground at the bottom though

thanks guys for the responses!