SirCeej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why does everyone here recommend to start lifting with Allpro's SBR?

I'm currently doing Allpro's A Simple Beginner Routine to put on mass, cause that's what almost everyone here seems to recommend for a beginner. Been on it for 4 weeks, and gone from 147lbs to 156lbs at 6ft. But when I come on this forum looking at other people's progress pics and transformation pictures for motivation, the majority of them don't or didn't use this routine. Most of the 'skinny to big' transformation say things like:

"I do Chest & Biceps on Monday, shoulders on Wednesday etc." or "I do a 4 day split routine" or even "I like to mix things up every 2 months or so".

And all these transformations are very good, so it's quite hard to find motivation to continue with the routine I'm doing. Almost never I'll come across a major transformation of someone who did it on Allpro's SBR. I just don't understand why everyone are recommending it if there are other successful routines. So I'm just worried whether I'm doing the right routine, my chest is very flat and lacks almost any sort of muscle. At the moment, I don't feel that the bench press on Allpro's SBR is doing anything to my chest, I don't feel any burn in that area after a heavy workout day. I just feel like I should be doing things like cable flyes or incline dumbbell press to work this area more. Should I carry on with this program?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You are gaining weight too fast. Limit weight gain to 2-3lbs a month or you will get fat.

All Pros takes people from a rank novice level to an intermediate level, you aren't going to see any dramatic transformations since a lot of people still look fairly ordinary at intermediate level. But it's a good start.

Pump and burn are not accurate measures of effectiveness, increase in your numbers over time is.

Most "transformations" you see are bogus - usually with the aim of selling something.

SirCeej has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You are gaining weight too fast. Limit weight gain to 2-3lbs a month or you will get fat.

All Pros takes people from a rank novice level to an intermediate level, you aren't going to see any dramatic transformations since a lot of people still look fairly ordinary at intermediate level. But it's a good start.

Pump and burn are not accurate measures of effectiveness, increase in your numbers over time is.

Most "transformations" you see are bogus - usually with the aim of selling something.

Thanks for your answer. Most of the weight increase happened when I started eating more in the first 2 weeks or so. For the last 2 weeks, I gained around 0.3-0.4kg a week which I've read is a suitable weight range to gain a week without adding too much fat. I was just worried whether I was working my chest or not as I almost don't have any muscle there atm. Most people had some sort of chest muscle when they started.

sgy1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

Everyone puts this transformation video to prove that ' most of transformations are fake '
    No mate , he is not mentioning about the 'transformation on the magazines'.There are a ton of transformation on the youtube , for 6 months or 1 year , he is telling about these real ones.

SirCeej , I was like you and gained so fast in first month(10 pounds).5 pounds in second and then very low progres.What I want to say is that you will gain weight and mass whatever program you follow in your first 2 months easily.(noob gains).Then its gonna be harder.I started 5x5 after 2nd month and been 2.5 months on it , I made very low progress.It looks like it is adding power but not good for hypertrophy.So I'm gonna turn splits after resisting 2.5 months on 5x5 programs.I will try splits anymore.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by sgy1111 View Post
    Everyone puts this transformation video to prove that ' most of transformations are fake '
    No mate , he is not mentioning about the 'transformation on the magazines'.There are a ton of transformation on the youtube , for 6 months or 1 year , he is telling about these real ones.

SirCeej , I was like you and gained so fast in first month(10 pounds).5 pounds in second and then very low progres.What I want to say is that you will gain weight and mass whatever program you follow in your first 2 months easily.(noob gains).Then its gonna be harder.I started 5x5 after 2nd month and been 2.5 months on it , I made very low progress.It looks like it is adding power but not good for hypertrophy.So I'm gonna turn splits after resisting 2.5 months on 5x5 programs.I will try splits anymore.
    How do you know they are real? An act of faith

When you are talking about months not years, you will always have little to show for it without great genetics or drugs. Bodyfat % matters a lot. Skinny guys can look OK in a photo when they are 140lbs and 10% BF. But most average guys don't get out of the 15%+ bodyfat range in the first year so they don't really look much different to when they started. This is the real difference. You can be 180lbs and 25% or 180lbs and 15% and won't look a lot different. But of course the underlying body composition is radically different and the 15% guy is going to reach the point of having an impressive physique much sooner than the other guy.

OTOH maybe we are all part of a conspiracy to keep noobs down - the real programs are under the counter...

VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VmissileX has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^not saying anything about anyone, but sometimes the ones on youtube are done with celltech, or the time is exxagerated.

My PO on All pro's (as a novice)...its a great program. But I would say you may benefit alot better at your height and weight on a strength program like SS.
    "Learn from Yesterday, Live for Today, Hope for Tomorrow"

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by SirCeej View Post

Why does everyone here recommend to start lifting with Allpro's SBR?
    Because it's comprehensive, more sophisticated than it appears, and will work very well for any beginner smart enough to just run it as-written. Of course, you and everyone else are free to train as you see fit. After all, it's your time and effort.

You should take any interwebz "transformation" story with a grain of salt, OP. Many times, there is some other agenda behind them.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50) KrypronSteve will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SirCeej View Post
    I'm currently doing Allpro's A Simple Beginner Routine to put on mass, cause that's what almost everyone here seems to recommend for a beginner. Been on it for 4 weeks, and gone from 147lbs to 156lbs at 6ft. But when I come on this forum looking at other people's progress pics and transformation pictures for motivation, the majority of them don't or didn't use this routine. Most of the 'skinny to big' transformation say things like:

"I do Chest & Biceps on Monday, shoulders on Wednesday etc." or "I do a 4 day split routine" or even "I like to mix things up every 2 months or so".

And all these transformations are very good, so it's quite hard to find motivation to continue with the routine I'm doing. Almost never I'll come across a major transformation of someone who did it on Allpro's SBR. I just don't understand why everyone are recommending it if there are other successful routines. So I'm just worried whether I'm doing the right routine, my chest is very flat and lacks almost any sort of muscle. At the moment, I don't feel that the bench press on Allpro's SBR is doing anything to my chest, I don't feel any burn in that area after a heavy workout day. I just feel like I should be doing things like cable flyes or incline dumbbell press to work this area more. Should I carry on with this program?
    You might want to notice also thatmost of the people who come here saying they've been lifting for 2 years without good results also tend to be on those split routines... Progression is key to any program - this is where your gains come from. You get zero gains from simply doing some exercise - you gain from making gains on that exercise over time. All Pro has a very basic and easy to follow progression cycle. Most split routines involve just way too much volume, they allow for very little progression to occur - many programs don't even have a progresison plan to follow. I think programs like starting strength, all pro, strong lifts, etc work well to focus on making progress with the key lifts and they allow one to start building a solid frame. Remember that many of your accessory lifts are needed to accentuate muscles that beginners wouldn't even have developed yet.