Aal2on has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Construction and lifting?

Hey, I'm 17 and I weigh 150lbs, 6'0. I'm a pretty small kid, have a bit of muscle and have a filled out kind of look. I've been to a gym twice but wasn't serious enough about it. My max bench was 90lbs. I am moderately weak and although I eat a lot, I know it's not enough.

For the month of July and into a bit of August, I'll be working construction. This of course involves heavy lifting and building. I get up at 5am, and work until 4pm. The actual work day is 10 hours. I'm raking in $100 dollars a day, and not spending gas money because I ride with my brother. I come home sweaty and sore, and my muscles feel like they've been worked hard. This is especially good, because I'm going to college in August and the more money I have, the better.

In college I plan on lifting and getting bigger. I'm completely dedicated this time. I'm going to use some of this construction money to buy whey throughout the semester, and I have an unlimited meal plan so I don't have to worry about not eating enough.

Plan on doing AllPros full body. Taking whey protein, and wondering if I should take weight gainer? Thoughts?

Tl;Dr -
    -come home from construction with sore muscles

-will construction reap me a bit of newb muscle gains and/or provide a solid foundation for lifting in college?

Thanks
    Last edited by Aal2on; 07-01-2014 at 06:09 PM.

Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Savanovic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by enr33 View Post
    No, construction work will not provide a solid foundation for college. Use common sense, get into a gym with a good routine and solid nutrition and then you'll be set for college. If you want to see results you need to stay consistent and dedicated.

Still not sure if thread is srs
    you clearly never worked at a construction site.
    I have seen plenty of guys stepping for the first time in the gym benching 220 because construction work does provide resistance and strength gains to a certain degree.

Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tb0282 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Savanovic View Post
    you clearly never worked at a construction site.
    I have seen plenty of guys stepping for the first time in the gym benching 220 because construction work does provide resistance and strength gains to a certain degree.
    This lol

Blue collar work does wonders
    ~Jesus Christ Is My Savior Crew~

The land at the end of our toes goes on and on,
    The sand at the core of our bones continues on

Hey I just met you. And this is crazy. But today is chest day. So spot me maybe?

Art thou prone to such insurmountable force upon thou biceps?

Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Maui95 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Construction is hard fukin work man keep it up. OP if I were you, I would try to eat whole foods to start off but drinking whey is fine. Eat breakfast in the morning, try squeezing in 2-3 meals in during the 10 hours of work if that's possible, then maybe 2-3 more after work. Try this 5-7 meal a day plan and see if it works for you. You should only drink a weight gainer if you dont have time/access to eat wholesome foods or if you want some serious mass ASAP. Start off with food and whey to begin
    +@sian crew♫

Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bigman689 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It will help a little unless what happened to me happens to you. Your boss think you are doing good so he gives you a job operating a backhoe and dozer.
    I REP Back

Keep
    Calm
    And
    Redneck
    On!

JDM 4 LIFE

SIKKUNT CREW CHECKING IN

letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tb0282 View Post
    This lol

Blue collar work does wonders
    That

jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10) jhamwheeler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No, construction work will not provide a solid foundation for college. Use common sense, get into a gym with a good routine and solid nutrition and then you'll be set for college. If you want to see results you need to stay consistent and dedicated.

Still not sure if thread is srs
    skinny fat beta bitch is giving nutrition advice

gtfo
    Call me POSEidon
    Soflo
    Greek god squad

enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jhamwheeler View Post
    skinny fat beta bitch is giving nutrition advice

gtfo
    will neg on r/c *******. all i was telling op was that he may see better gains and filling out using a consistent routine in a gym than relying on a construction job where who knows whether he'll be in a truck, on a building or lifting heavy chit, its common sense.
    Starting Weight: 148lbs
    Texas Crew
    Self-Improvement Crew
    ************Misc Vigilante Crew - Social Network Justice Division (EST. AUG 2013)***********
    3x110x12 Bench
    3x200x12 Squat

letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) letsdothisbro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    will neg on r/c *******. all i was telling op was that he may see better gains and filling out using a consistent routine in a gym than relying on a construction job where who knows whether he'll be in a truck, on a building or lifting heavy chit, its common sense.
    Lol @ trying to cover up, you even deleted your post dude

enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by letsdothisbro View Post
    Lol @ trying to cover up, you even deleted your post dude
    Yea i deleted it cause i didnt see any point in keeping it itt when its only gonna get criticism and other chit. its not covering up chit.
    Starting Weight: 148lbs
    Texas Crew
    Self-Improvement Crew
    ************Misc Vigilante Crew - Social Network Justice Division (EST. AUG 2013)***********
    3x110x12 Bench
    3x200x12 Squat

Yea i deleted it cause i didnt see any point in keeping it itt when its only gonna get criticism and other chit. its not covering up chit.
    Haha alright dude totes

120lbs here we come johndoejd54's Avatar
    johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) johndoejd54 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Since you are so untrained that will actually be good for you srs

Just eat a lot of carbs to make up for the expenditure in construction

Bring 2 gallons full of Gatorade each day and drink that instead of water. That will help you keep a lot of weight. Also, have a high carb meal at lunch and breakfast. Just make breakfast like 10 pancakes. Lunch is whatever you find convenient but i suggest high carb along with some fats and proteins.

Then go home, eat a well rounded meal as opposed to the high carbs all earlier. Nap. Get up at like 6-630, hit the gym hard till 8ish, come back, eat all the protein you can, then sleep.

Construction just wears you out more than it does muscle soreness, even when i used to do moving i never really got sore as much as i was just tired and losing electrolytes sweating so just having a ton of carbs around then will help you from burning energy

Then eat most the protein at night after the workout so you can recover when you are sleeping

I am not well versed on nutrition at all but this is my idea
    hi my name is john i am 5'2" 175lbs and trying to get aesthetic

squat: 225
    bench:185
    deadlift: 245

Iowa crew