Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up Ask me anything with respect to nutrition and I will answer with supporting science

This is my passion. I get excited over new age science relating to nutrition and health, and with it being a rapidly expanding field we are discovering so much valuable information that is changing how we currently view the human body.

We are all fitness enthusiasts on this site, although some of us may neglect other aspects of the body that are extremely important. My goal is create a massive thread filled with a goldmine of information that will empower people to take control of their health and be serious about nutrition.

You shouldn't put unleaded in a Ferrari. Eating a Big Mac because IIFYM is ignorant. Let me drop some knowledge on you guys.

If you like what you read ITT, please check out my blog or subscribe to my YouTube channel. Will always put out fresh content and keep you guys entertained. Anyways - go!
    Subscribe to The Strength Project :
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olbaid420?feature=mhee

Read the blog:
    http://thegoodmoodfooddude.blogspot.com/

Ask me anything about nutrition:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162775831

BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BTBAM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump for the knowledge

Read the blog:

my murica is over 9000 MalRhoden's Avatar
    MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you bulk on ONLY protein & FRUITS (fructose-based carbohydrates)?

Poll: FRUIT & FRUCTOSE : Has anyone ever bulked eating protein & ONLY fruit?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162718441
                        400 notables                 | Top Secret, Eyes Only, Classified, Secret Service, DoD, NRO Security Clearance |

| Tabula Rasa | Carpe Diem | Deus Vult | 2/10 wouldnt giggle with | Womens Studies Alliance | OverAbundance of Caution |

Does a king not mingle amidst his commoner goyim unbeknownst, that he might reel in disgust & marvel at the just?

| Security Clearance Certification Manager | Over 5,000,000 approved! Get yours today! | Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit |

Leaving sobriety behind BusterBluth's Avatar
    BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BusterBluth is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What will happen if I only get ~50 g fat per day?
    (not srs)

PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) PrehistoricUFO has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Is the anabolic window - the short window of time right after a workout to ingest your supplements - real? Some say it doesn't matter, others swear you must do it asap or lose some of your hard work.

Thanks.

peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50) peppertitan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I drink like 2-3 monsters a day for a good year now. and also almost only eat pizza on weekends for dinner from little ceasars for 2-3 days straight for the last couple weeks. but other then that I have a mostly fat and protien diet with little carbs, how will this effect my build energy in the day and gains as a whole

amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) amostofi1999 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    can i mix my creatine with milk?

MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MalRhoden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by amostofi1999 View Post
    yeah you can deh f4#&rk m8
                        400 notables                 | Top Secret, Eyes Only, Classified, Secret Service, DoD, NRO Security Clearance |

| Tabula Rasa | Carpe Diem | Deus Vult | 2/10 wouldnt giggle with | Womens Studies Alliance | OverAbundance of Caution |

Does a king not mingle amidst his commoner goyim unbeknownst, that he might reel in disgust & marvel at the just?

| Security Clearance Certification Manager | Over 5,000,000 approved! Get yours today! | Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit |

Registered User BishopStriation's Avatar
    BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BishopStriation has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    How does IF work?

If I eat 2k cal on a cut with IF or without IF would there be a difference?

rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500)
    I am very interested in this thread.

What is your take on gluten? For someone without Celiac's disease, is it still worth avoiding?

Also, what about grass fed cow butter, and grass fed cow beef, are they better than grain fed?

Basically a more general question, what do you make of the "bulletproof" diet from the BulletproofExec guy?

Registered User RocknRollMuscle's Avatar
    RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RocknRollMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eating a big mac is ignorant.

stop reading right there. Nice 1st worlder response.

I ate big macs and had slurpees as a kid. Was always skinny and fit as a fiddle now. u mad?
    Weight Loss: Go carnivore or keto combined with 16/8 IF. It'll create easy calorie deficit. Meat is good and heals, stop being lied to.

Youtube Dr. Shawn Baker to change your life today.

GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GooNBoT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    what is the best way to lose weight and retain muscle mass
    Fuk a Maserati, I'm pullin' up in a minivan swaggin like a mommy.

smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smbrown3706 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what happens to test levels if you eat a jumbo bag of M&Ms in less than 30 minutes?
    <<<***BMC***>>>

JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) JagB247 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Any downsides to getting most macros in before bed (alot of carbs/sugar)
    1rd

OP abandoned us

gosh darned OP

in4 funeral

BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeastMode101 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What are you favorite carb sources?

From this thread-http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162736301 wheat is apparently poison

not nutrition related, but what is your favorite prehab/rehab work for healthy shoulders/rotator cuffs? My right shoulder makes a clicking sound whenever my arms are raised (doing an ohp, lateral raises, and throwing punches) . I am going to see a pt sometime but I just want to improve my shoulder health in the mean time
    Last edited by BeastMode101; 06-30-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    You don't pay for things with money, you pay with your time

Minimalist Crew

�And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.�- Abraham Lincoln

You can't get back wasted time- I don't know who said it

Carpe Diem - Dead Poets Society

He who cannot obey himself will be commanded- Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.kratosguide.com/keep-goals-to-yourself/

BTBAM stroke confirmed

Sexual Tyrannosaurus ftwrestler's Avatar
    ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ftwrestler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    higher quality protein from blackbear or brownbear semen?

srs

theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500) theriftable is not very helpful. (-500)
    How come mushrooms can be magic

thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000) thegreatest911 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    In to see where this thread goes. And repped because it's a great thread idea. The majority of people are completely unaware when it comes to nutrition. And that's unfortunate for them. It's complex and always evolving, but by far the most important aspect of a healthy lifestyle and ultimately worth learning about.

Edit: will rep on rc

brah never answered

I fly with those wings. indatzone's Avatar
    indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000) indatzone is just really nice. (+1000)
    should i take bcaas? no keto, no IF
    Jenova's Witness

Instagram @m1rin

Originally Posted by MalRhoden View Post
    Can you bulk on ONLY protein & FRUITS (fructose-based carbohydrates)?

Poll: FRUIT & FRUCTOSE : Has anyone ever bulked eating protein & ONLY fruit?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=162718441
    Are you talking pure whey protein and fruit? Because you most definitely would gain weight based on your caloric intake, although you would wreak serious havoc on your liver. Fructose is very difficult for the liver to metabolize efficiently, especially if you taking in a diet very high in the combination of protein and fructose.

You would also not be able to absorb and assimilate a wide variety of fat-soluble vitamins and nutrients considering you are consuming zero fat. This would lead to more health complications down the road, probably including but not limited to a hormonal crash/ circadian rhythm disruption/ broken metabolism.

Originally Posted by BusterBluth View Post
    What will happen if I only get ~50 g fat per day?
    What kind of fat? Polyunsaturated? Saturated? Medium chain triglycerides?

Likely scenario is you will be extremely deficient in a wide variety of vitamins and nutrients. Much of these are fat soluble, meaning they require fatty acids for proper absorption. Also, fat (ketone bodies, specifically) tends to be the preferred fuel source for the brain. Humans evolved to be humans by consuming more fat, which helped our brains develop. Specifically fatty acids such as DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) which is present in seafood, and sea plants.

tl;dr - you would feel pretty crappy, your brain would not function as optimally, your hormones would likely down-regulate, and fat burning pathways would shut down to conserve the fat you consume.

Originally Posted by PrehistoricUFO View Post
    Is the anabolic window - the short window of time right after a workout to ingest your supplements - real? Some say it doesn't matter, others swear you must do it asap or lose some of your hard work.

Thanks.
    A few trains of thought on this.

1) No, your gains will not be lost provided you fuel your body with the sufficient sources necessary to promote tissue repair between weight training session 1 and session 2.

2) No, your gains will not be lost provided proper refueling... except you could probably maximize your gains by an increased portion if you take advantage of the post workout window. Reason for this is that resistance training activates GLUT-4 receptors, which basically allow glucose uptake into the muscle cells independent of insulin. Although studies show that GLUT-4 activation with the combination of insulin, there is even better glucose uptake. Here are a few studies on this:
    http://jp.physoc.org/content/469/1/615.short
    and
    http://ajpheart.physiology.org/content/277/2/H643.short

3) When you are finished working out, your body has undergone a simulated physical stress. The brain is going to be competing with the muscles that have just been stressed. Glucose, your bodies stored simple sugar and energy, will be in high demand. If you don't eat or refuel properly post workout, you might find yourself under recovered through the rest of the day, and might feel a bit of brain fog or lack of clarity/ sharpness.

I hope this is making sense. Please let me know if you are interested to get more science-y and pull out more studies.

Read the blog:

lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lukaku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    why are fats good?

Registered User American_Maniac's Avatar
    American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000) American_Maniac is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just started the Paleo diet. What is your opinion of this diet? and are there any things I should know?

Originally Posted by peppertitan View Post
    I drink like 2-3 monsters a day for a good year now. and also almost only eat pizza on weekends for dinner from little ceasars for 2-3 days straight for the last couple weeks. but other then that I have a mostly fat and protien diet with little carbs, how will this effect my build energy in the day and gains as a whole
    Over time, depending on your other lifestyle choices and how well you respond to stress, it is likely you will deplete your adrenal glands, which will also affect your hormone levels downstream. The pizza on the weekends as your only meal for the day will not help you recover in an optimal manner and will also cause problems. These are a combination of factors that will slowly deteriorate your health. I am sure if you kept it up for years you would not feel the signs of this until it is too late, and then you would be fighting an uphill battle. Preventative medicine is the best cure.

As to your last question - how it effect your build, energy levels, etc - you will never see the actual gains your body is capable of if you are living a lifestyle like this. People are amazed by what they can do with proper nutrition and lifestyle changes.

Originally Posted by amostofi1999 View Post
    Yes of course. Although most supermarket bought milk is less than good quality. That milk has been homogenized and pasteurized - pumped through tiny, super heated tubes and spun extremely rapidly, which will break the fat globules into small lipids that are less recognizable by the body, as they are no longer in their natural state. This heating and spinning process destroys all the beneficial bacteria and enzymes in the milk.

Creatine is an excellent supplement and is one of the only sports supplements proven to be effective at what it says.

Originally Posted by BishopStriation View Post
    How does IF work?

If I eat 2k cal on a cut with IF or without IF would there be a difference?
    Intermittent Fasting, or IF, promotes auto****y and lipolysis in the body. Auto****y is the process of "cell clean out" or basically, cells eating the garbage and getting rid of the byproducts and other craps within and around cell membranes. Lipolysis is the breakdown of adipose tissue into free fatty acids (FFAs), and these FFAs get utilized for energy and fuel in the body. Both of these things happen when you go hours between meals, and in most sources over 12 hours postprandial (after feeding) is typically when this is really ramped up.

So - to answer your question, it is likely (although yet exactly proven, to my knowledge) that a compressed eating window will promote a bit more lipid oxidation (fat burning) during fasting periods.

Read the blog:

Originally Posted by rnod View Post
    I am very interested in this thread.

What is your take on gluten? For someone without Celiac's disease, is it still worth avoiding?

Great question. Gluten is the combination of a protein common in wheat: gliadin and glutenin. For all humans, gluten is indigestible. Think of a house as a food source. We chew up the house, and swallow brick walls. Brick walls then have their mortar dissolved by our stomach acid and the little bricks (individual nutrients) are easily absorbed through the intestine. When we try to digest gluten, we can break it down into little bricks so our body just tries to break the whole wall with a hammer into pieces. These pieces get stuck in the highly permeable intestinal membranes and prevent the absorption of other nutrients. Our body also does not recognize these chunks of foreign protein molecules and we create antibodies to attack it as if it is an invader. So our immune system is flaring up as a result of gluten creating a leaky gut. Gluten will also bind to opiate receptors in our brain, causing "feel good" chemicals like dopamine to be released similar to an actual drug high. This is also why we crave gluten containing products.

So - in short, gluten is indigestible by ALL humans (even non-Celiacs), it prevents the absorption of other nutrients (Zinc is one example), it creates an immune response, and has an addictive response from the brain.

Also, what about grass fed cow butter, and grass fed cow beef, are they better than grain fed?

Absolutely. Cows should be fed grass 100% - they are ruminants and have an extra stomach designed to digest grass. The problem with feeding them corn, soy, and other grains is that it fattens them up. Combined with the problem that the feed they get is laden with toxins and pesticides, and that these toxins and pesticides are STORED in adipose (fat) tissue, and we have a big issue on our hands. So, now we have fat cows fed crap they did not evolve to eat, storing more crap on the fat they are forced to put on, and now they are injected with antibiotics and hormones as a crutch because they've become so fat and weak that its difficult to sustain their poor cow lifestyles. When you eat pastured cows who are fed 100% grass, you can almost guarantee that they are living on free range ranches, eating food as nature intended, and living healthier cow lifestyles. In addition to these facts, there is a much more omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acid ratio is grassfed beef. Omega-3 = anti-inflammatory , Omega-6 = pro-inflammatory. We want more omega-3s in our diet. It is also higher in CLA (conjugated linoleic acid), which is a fatty acid highly prevalent in dairy and beef, and has been shown to decrease body fat. Not only that, but by supporting this CAFOs (Concentrated Animal Feeding Operations) we are supporting massive corporations that lobby for their monopolized interests. Do you really think our individual health is in their best interest? I believe only to the degree that they can continue raking in profits. To that regard, by supporting your local grass-fed beef rancher and dairy, you can invest back into happy and healthy cows who help the environment and being natures "man-made" grass trimmers and fertilizers.

So - if that is not enough information on why to go grass-fed over grain-fed, then keep doing whatever you're doing.

Basically a more general question, what do you make of the "bulletproof" diet from the BulletproofExec guy?
    I think Dave Asprey is a very smart dude who puts out a lot of good information. The bulletproof diet is essentially a diet in as low of toxins/ inflammatory foods as possible, in order to optimize brain health and hormone development. Although, that being said - I think it is important to analyze diet in the context of the individual and believe that there is truly "no one size fits all" approach and our genes / ancestry play a big role in how our metabolism works. I also think that he does not know enough about the intense, physical fitness side of the coin and how it relates to nutrition which is a key component for people like us.
    Originally Posted by RocknRollMuscle View Post
    eating a big mac is ignorant.

stop reading right there. Nice 1st worlder response.

I ate big macs and had slurpees as a kid. Was always skinny and fit as a fiddle now. u mad?
    Not sure what exactly that proves but I think we all have had this experience.

Originally Posted by GooNBoT View Post
    what is the best way to lose weight and retain muscle mass
    If by 'lose weight' you mean LOSE FAT, then my top tips:
    1) Get your micronutrient levels up to optimum amounts. Aim for over one pound of green veggies a day.
    2) Sleep 8-9 hours a night and have a perfect circadian rhythm, in tune with the natural sunrise and sunset (bed no more than 3 hours after the sun goes down, preferably out of bed around the time that it comes up - depending on your location)
    3) Lift heavy weights with extreme intensity at least 3x a week, and sprint at least 1x a week.
    4) Eat in a small caloric deficit.
    5) Carbs ~100g a day, preferably at night time around dinner or after your workout. Zero carbs before training. Once a week consume 400g+ carbs

Read the blog:

accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500) accounts is not very helpful. (-500)
    Just started utilizing your lower back rounding squat thread from 2011. Good **** man thanks.

What micros would you say are worth tracking.

So far I'm thinking cholesterol, sodium/potas ratio, zinc, sugar and not really a micro fiber. What else?

rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500) rnod is not very helpful. (-500)
    Thanks for the reply m8, you basically validated what I have read elsewhere, but I wanted to make sure i wasn't just following a bunch of BS by a marketing guru trying to push his diet onto me. Thanks bud, and good luck with continued success in nutrition!