ahleegator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is too much cardio bad?

Overtime, I heard people say that cardio after working out is bad for your muscles as the tissues tear but I did my research on the web and most of the sources told me that it is good to jog/run after working out.

However, the real question is that I work out very hard these days since I am following a program (Kris Gethin's 12 week) and I do the cardio too everyday but on rest days I do something extra which is cardio. By cardio I mean about 50-60 minutes of treadmill and cycling excluding abs. Is it bad for me to do so much cardio?

I am a 19-year old male and wanting to transform fat into muscle. My bodyfat level is 18.5.

All suggestions/ideas are welcome. Thanks!

bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bjjzaidufc is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If your goal is to build muscle, then you may want to limit cardio to a certain extent, but that does not mean you shouldn't do it at all..
    If your goal is to lose fat, then yes cardio will help.

I would suggest doing cardio on separate days not during your workout. So for example work out 3 times a week and do cardio 2 times a week and rest twice.