Dhano3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chest development

Whats up fellow lifters. Been a member of the forum for a while but only started lifting a year ago. I work out at home with free-weights and when training chest Ive tried many exercises, incline/flat bench with barbells and dumbbells, flyes, dumbbell pullovers, chest dips... but I have noticed that most of my gains are made around the outer pec/where the pec meets the shoulder (I also have a chest gap). Is this due to my genetic muscle shape or am I not doing something? I also am aware that I should be doing cable crossovers and I am trying to join a gym to be able to use the machines which I dont have at home.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Zaak84 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check your form,are your shoulders flared out on the bench?Also,do DECLINE!and maybe ur overtraining

joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100) joeyy17 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Dhano3 View Post
    Whats up fellow lifters. Been a member of the forum for a while but only started lifting a year ago. I work out at home with free-weights and when training chest Ive tried many exercises, incline/flat bench with barbells and dumbbells, flyes, dumbbell pullovers, chest dips... but I have noticed that most of my gains are made around the outer pec/where the pec meets the shoulder (I also have a chest gap). Is this due to my genetic muscle shape or am I not doing something? I also am aware that I should be doing cable crossovers and I am trying to join a gym to be able to use the machines which I dont have at home.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    If i was you I'd stick to the compound movements (flat, incline, decline bench) and train for strength. Therefore 6-8 reps as heavy as you can go. Bulk.

BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlinkTwice has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ^no & no

OP, you aren't eating enough, and you might not be putting in the required intensity.

As for dumbell pullovers and chest dips... id ditch those

Bench, DB press, incline DB press, chest press machines (few variations)
    Instagram: Blinktwicealoush
    In it for the long haul.

Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vunhirzen is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlinkTwice View Post
    ^no & no

OP, you aren't eating enough, and you might not be putting in the required intensity.

Why to ditch chest dips ?
    CGBP: 275 x5
    OHP: 180 x4
    Squat 405 x8
    DL: 405 5x7
    Incline DB: 100 x10

Dominicb98 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vunhirzen View Post
    Why to ditch chest dips ?
    ^ yeah, i would think weighted chest dips would be good, i throw them in at the end of my workouts and go for a full range of motion, then locking it out and squeezing to get as much blood pumping to my chest as possible

Originally Posted by Zaak84 View Post
    Check your form,are your shoulders flared out on the bench?Also,do DECLINE!and maybe ur overtraining
    Should they be flared out? I usually do that when benching. And I prefer not to do decline as I find that a big lower chest looks unaesthetic so I try focus more on the upper chest.

Originally Posted by BlinkTwice View Post
    ^no & no

Why do you think Im not eating enough? I eat quite a lot but Im an ectomorph. My chest is growing, but Im just finding that the muscle isnt going to the desired places.

ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000) ardee2124 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just get your flat bench as high as possible. It's working for me.

I used to do the whole flat/incline dumbbell/decline barbell/db flyes/machine flyes thing. Chest was always weaker than my back. I ditched everything except for flat bench and just kept increasing the weight as far as I could go and saw results. Do a 5x5 bench twice a week, increase the poundage every workout, stand back and be amazed.

AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't flare your elbows out...they will grow the pectoral minor(the part you are talking about) like mine was... I stopped flat all together but that's mostly from a wrestling injury(lpartial abrum tear). If you stick with the flat then I'd really emphasize perfect posture and the humerus addicting... or you can go with flat dumbbell and dumbbell flyers. But your hitting your pectoral minor not the flat pectoral manor. I used to get comments on my chest looking caved in when it wasn't it was just uneven..

AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AP518 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also if you don't want a big lower chest then work upper... it will even your chest out and give it that plate-body look. Plate-body chest=aesthetic as fuuuaark

Originally Posted by AP518 View Post
    Don't flare your elbows out...they will grow the pectoral minor(the part you are talking about) like mine was... I stopped flat all together but that's mostly from a wrestling injury(lpartial abrum tear). If you stick with the flat then I'd really emphasize perfect posture and the humerus addicting... or you can go with flat dumbbell and dumbbell flyers. But your hitting your pectoral minor not the flat pectoral manor. I used to get comments on my chest looking caved in when it wasn't it was just uneven..
    Alright thanks, I'll keep this in mind next session