Closed Thread
Page 312 of 334 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,360 of 9996
    Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sebstan01 View Post
    I'm glad because I'm more than likely going to watch it tonight. I've heard that the general consensus has been good so there's that too.

I can't speak for IbnKutub, but the few people I spoke with that disliked it just seemed to really miss a lot of important points in the movie.

I'm a huge, huge Star Wars fan, and I'd say this was my second favorite after Empire Strikes back.

I'm ranking them:

V, VII, IV, VI, III, I, II.

I think VIII is really going to be amazing with Rian Johnson writing and directing it.

Ozymandias was probably the greatest episode of television there will ever be.

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    The new Star Wars movie was great...although my experience was a bit ruined by all the teenagers who couldn't stop talking throughout the entire movie. I did see it on opening night though so that's probably why. I'll see it next week, since all passes for this week are sold out atm over here.

Originally Posted by IbnKutub View Post
    lol trying to bait .
    RIP Pedro Suarez Vertiz. Te queremos Hermano

If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
    Give me a million dollars and I'll marry you
    I'll pitch, you can catch Stizzy. I don't have a million in cash ATM, but we could practice for a while if you like lol?

Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    It's too late, we aren't accepting Muslims right now, sorry brah.
    Still Cuckin On Four Fours, Wrapped In Four Voes

Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Apeus View Post
    I can't speak for IbnKutub, but the few people I spoke with that disliked it just seemed to really miss a lot of important points in the movie.

I'm a huge, huge Star Wars fan, and I'd say this was my second favorite after Empire Strikes back.

I'm ranking them:

I think VIII is really going to be amazing with Rian Johnson writing and directing it.

Originally Posted by Fang2 View Post
    The new Star Wars movie was great...although my experience was a bit ruined by all the teenagers who couldn't stop talking throughout the entire movie. I did see it on opening night though so that's probably why. I'll see it next week, since all passes for this week are sold out atm over here.
    Cheers.
    @ Apeus: I prefer the sequels too (as cliche as that may sound) but let's be honest, it rings true for the most part. I remember browsing the main misc. a few weeks ago and having seen all these threads about how "PC" the new SW film would be (some poster referenced the fact that there was a Black guy in the starring role, which, as we all know, signifies the end of the world). No idea what was meant by that, but I'm more inclined to take the word of reviewers and the couple thousand people who saw it at midnight over a bunch of Misc. FAs anyway, so I guess it's all good.

@Fang: I actually haven't booked any tickets yet and haven't thought to check online for passes. I'm guessing since it's been 5 days since opening night, there will be seats left. We'll see.
    And I hate it when people talk during movies, ugh. You should've complained and got 'em kicked out.

Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz Fang2 has the mod powerz
    Cheers.
    @ Apeus: I prefer the sequels too (as cliche as that may sound) but let's be honest, it rings true for the most part. I remember browsing the main misc. a few weeks ago and having seen all these threads about how "PC" the new SW film would be (some poster referenced the fact that there was a Black guy in the starring role, which, as we all know, signifies the end of the world). No idea what was meant by that, but I'm more inclined to take the word of reviewers and the couple thousand people who saw it at midnight over a bunch of Misc. FAs anyway, so I guess it's all good.

@Fang: I actually haven't booked any tickets yet and haven't thought to check online for passes. I'm guessing since it's been 5 days since opening night, there will be seats left. We'll see.
    And I hate it when people talk during movies, ugh. You should've complained and got 'em kicked out.
    lol don't take anything the main misc says seriously. You will enjoy the movie... how expensive are the snacks/drinks over there btw? Here they are ridiculously expensive.

If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Apeus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Cheers.

Yeah, I read all that bull**** in the Misc.

I really don't understand how a main character in a movie being black in 2015 is "PC." There are hundreds of black actors. Black actors have been staring in big budget Hollywood films for decades.

I could almost understand it if a long running series purposefully switched the race of a character. If James Bond or Doctor Who suddenly became Hispanic, I might consider it pandering to the PC crowd.

But having an entirely new and original character be black? How the **** is that PC.

I see people as people, it doesn't matter what ethnicity they are. Half the misc disagrees with it though and believes there is always some conspiracy going going.

lol don't take anything the main misc says seriously. You will enjoy the movie... how expensive are the snacks/drinks over there btw? Here they are ridiculously expensive.
    I like seeing movies this time of year because it's easy to smuggle in snacks when you've got a big winter jacket on.

During the summer it's tough. You can get a bag of candy in you pocket, but you can't really hide a soda or something when you're wearing shorts and a tshirt.

I got to the theatre an hour early last night because it's at the mall and I wasn't sure how bad traffic would be with Christmas. Ended up being fine though, I think because it was right in the middle of the Pats game.

I went over to the movie theatre bar thinking I'd kill time, and they wanted $8 for a Blue Moon draft.

I think the reason they do that is because they make the most money out of concessions/drinks.

Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sebstan01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Snacks/drinks are expensive here as well. Normally we either eat out beforehand or sneak in snacks in our bag (they don't bother checking at the entrance).

Yeah, I read all that bull**** in the Misc.

I really don't understand how a main character in a movie being black in 2015 is "PC." There are hundreds of black actors. Black actors have been staring in big budget Hollywood films for decades.

I could almost understand it if a long running series purposefully switched the race of a character. If James Bond or Doctor Who suddenly became Hispanic, I might consider it pandering to the PC crowd.

But having an entirely new and original character be black? How the **** is that PC.
    Exactly. I've started to view the main misc. in a Twilight Zone-esque way.
    Thanks; am definitely excited to check out the film. Hopefully tickets are still available.

I like to debate against those main miscers though. They get so mad that they start call out threads lol .
    Last edited by Fang2; 12-21-2015 at 07:06 PM.

DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) DizzySmalls has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I like seeing movies this time of year because it's easy to smuggle in snacks when you've got a big winter jacket on.

During the summer it's tough. You can get a bag of candy in you pocket, but you can't really hide a soda or something when you're wearing shorts and a tshirt.

I got to the theatre an hour early last night because it's at the mall and I wasn't sure how bad traffic would be with Christmas. Ended up being fine though, I think because it was right in the middle of the Pats game.

I went over to the movie theatre bar thinking I'd kill time, and they wanted $8 for a Blue Moon draft.
    I've snuck in one of those cork-topped bomber bottles of Belgian beer and a wheat beer glass before. A corpulent man with a winter coat can smuggle anything

Also, re: Star Wars, is 3D recommended or is it just as enjoyable in the normal 2D format?
    I wouldn't mind spending more for good 3D but is it worth it, really?

I saw it in 3D and it was pretty cool. Some of my friends saw it in 2D and said that, it was also enjoyable to see. it depends on the person though.

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I saw it in 3D cause the theater was less crowded

Also, re: Star Wars, is 3D recommended or is it just as enjoyable in the normal 2D format?
    I wouldn't mind spending more for good 3D but is it worth it, really?

I saw it in 3D, it would be worth it.

Though it left me a little disoriented. I don't see movies in theatres much, and that was my first time seeing one in 3D (not counting Disney World attractions).

I was surprised that pretty much everything is 3D in these movies. Like I said, I'm use to things at Disney World like the Muppet Show or something where everything is normal, and then just occasional things are 3D.

I'm way behind the times I guess.

Really though, I think the disorientation came from the fact I wore my normal glasses, and putting the 3D ones on top of them caused one pair or the other to keep going crooked, so I think that kept messing with my vision.

I saw it in 3D and it was pretty cool. Some of my friends saw it in 2D and said that, it was also enjoyable to see. it depends on the person though.

It was probably worth it just for that one scene of the Star Destroyer pointing directly at you.

I saw it in 3D, it would be worth it.

Though it left me a little disoriented. I don't see movies in theatres much, and that was my first time seeing one in 3D (not counting Disney World attractions).

I was surprised that pretty much everything is 3D in these movies. Like I said, I'm use to things at Disney World like the Muppet Show or something where everything is normal, and then just occasional things are 3D.

I'm way behind the times I guess.
    A lot of films that DON'T need to be in 3D, ARE in 3D tbh. It's such a waste because the 3D is so minimal or inefficiently put together yet they charge you a couple (unnecessary) extra dollars.
    The only film I've ever paid extra for was 'Avatar' (in Digital 3D) and that was completely worth it.

It was probably worth it just for that one scene of the Star Destroyer pointing directly at you.
    Alright I'm sold.
    Last edited by Sebstan01; 12-21-2015 at 07:42 PM.

IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pretty much nobody agrees with you.
    Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    I'd say people like myself opinions are largely skewed as I grew up with the series, seeing all since I was a kid.

That being said I think they did this justice indeed. I was worried they would goat it up.

I was pleasantly suprised.

I couldn't say how it would be as a movie to anyone who was new or not fully aware of the series.

I'm ranking them:

I love Star Wars. I watched the original trilogy on VHS(pre Lucas doctoring) and I know those films by heart.

I'm not even trying to argue this point right now or spoil the movie for anyone, but this film has disappointed me greatly.
    That film just isn't good. It's just not. Maybe I'll post more about it later. Maybe not. I'd rather divorce myself from this debacle all together.

Yep 3D is awesome, specially for movies like Star Wars and Avatar. When is the new Avatar coming out anyways? Next year? or 2017?

@IBn: It's okay man, not everyone will like it.
    Last edited by Fang2; 12-21-2015 at 07:38 PM.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd like to see it soon.

I dislike the SW franchise but how could you not see it?
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

I loved the movie, but I don't know...different strokes for different folks I guess.

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll do it for 750k.
    *Blush*
    Official misc attaché to the Kremlin
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Unapologetic Colonialist Canadian2point0's Avatar
    Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Canadian2point0 View Post
    Still haven't seen it yet.......but I'm watching that Moby Dick movie tonight.
    Very disappointed.
    “Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.” - George Orwell

Pedicabo ego vos et irrum A-GAME's Avatar
    A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) A-GAME has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    3D gives me a headache. No thanks Jeff LOL.
    Still Cuckin On Four Fours, Wrapped In Four Voes

Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Stizzel has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by A-GAME View Post
    I'll pitch, you can catch Stizzy. I don't have a million in cash ATM, but we could practice for a while if you like lol?
    *double blush*
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

Originally Posted by Canadian2point0 View Post
    Very disappointed.
    Very disappointed in movies in general these days. I literally fell asleep during the last bond movie.
    Наше дело правое.
    Враг будет разбит.
    Победа будет за нами!

IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250) IbnKutub has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Very disappointed in movies in general these days. I literally fell asleep during the last bond movie.
    You should see the better version of that film. It's called Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.

I took a break from seeing movies until Star Wars came out. Used to go every weekend, but it just got boring to me since most movies that came out were not very good.

Unapologetic Colonialist Canadian2point0's Avatar
    Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Canadian2point0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The Revenant, a must see.

Originally Posted by IbnKutub View Post
    You should see the better version of that film. It's called Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation.
    Daniel Craig > Scientology's poster boy
    “Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.” - George Orwell

Since we are talking about The Force Awakens, what do you guys who have seen the movie think of this theory on Kylo.

Obviously huge spoilers:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starwarsspe...bout_kylo_ren/

Spoiler!

Closed Thread
Page 312 of 334 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 310 311 312 313 314 322 ... LastLast