Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100)

Lightbulb Going to try preworkout...I have questions

Going to try preworkout for the first time, I ordered some c4. Ive never drank coffee or anything like that, I am 110% natural (cept for those poptarts). I am 20 years old.

I have been working out for about 6 solid years now - some results, not much. Why? Let me ask you.

-I feel unmotivated, but mainly I have little energy in the morning and I do sets just to get it over with, I don't push myself (Take preworkout = more energy and concentration = push myself?). Would preworkout help me?

-Should I be worried about any of the ingredients in c4?

-What is N03?

-Does it have a lot of caffeine?

-Is preworkout healthy? If it makes you workout harder - in a sense, wouldn't that make you healthier? Does it outweigh the bad outcomes, if any?

-I will be taking it 3 times a week for 3 weeks and taking a break on the 4th week. Repeat. Is this too much/too little?

-Have you had any bad side affects?

-Does it cause health problems?

-What is the difference between preworkouts like this one and things like 5 hour energy/energy drinks? Energy drinks get a lot of bad rep.

-Is there ANYTHING I need to know?
    Last edited by Vmartelle; 06-24-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Vmartelle View Post
    Going to try preworkout for the first time, I ordered some c4. Ive never drank coffee or anything like that, I am 110% natural (cept for those poptarts). I am 20 years old.

I have been working out for about 6 solid years now - some results, not much. Why? Let me ask you.

-I feel unmotivated, but mainly I have little energy in the morning and I do sets just to get it over with, I don't push myself (Take preworkout = more energy and concentration = push myself?). Would preworkout help me?

-Should I be worried about any of the ingredients in c4?

-What is N03?

-Does it have a lot of caffeine?

-Is preworkout healthy? If it makes you workout harder - in a sense, wouldn't that make you healthier? Does it outweigh the bad outcomes, if any?

-I will be taking it 3 times a week for 3 weeks and taking a break on the 4th week. Repeat. Is this too much/too little?

-Have you had any bad side affects?

-Does it cause health problems?

-Is there ANYTHING I need to know?
    You haven't had any results in 6 years cause either your training is poor and not constructed well, you lack the proper nutrition for your goal, or your recovery isn't good.

If you are dragging through your workouts in the morning the boost from caffeine can help you with your energy and will thus lead to a more productive workout.

There isn't anything in C4 to be worried about.

The caffeine amount is listed on the label, 135mg. If this is your first time taking anything with caffeine start with one scoop and see how you feel/react.

Only time a preworkout becomes "unhealthy" is if one abuses the preworkout and becomes to dependent on the preworkout.

Use the whole tub of C4 then take a 2-4 week break from all stims if you would like.

Health problems will be an individual thing. Again if one abuses a preworkout it can lead to some potential health problems. So long as you're sensible and not a dumbass you'll be fine.
    Last edited by Anthony21; 06-24-2014 at 02:15 PM.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) misfit28 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    You haven't had any results in 6 years cause either your training is poor and not constructed well, you lack the proper nutrition for your goal, or your recovery isn't good.

If you are dragging through your workouts in the morning the boos from caffeine can help you with your energy and will thus lead to a more productive workout.

The caffeine amount is listed on the label, 135mg. If this is your first time taking anything with caffeine start with one scoop and see how you feel/react.

Only time a preworkout becomes "unhealthy" is if one abuses the preworkout and becomes to dependent on the preworkout.

Use the whole tub of C4 then take a 2-4 week break from all stims if you would like.

Health problems will be an individual thing. Again if one abuses a preworkout it can lead to some potential health problems. So long as you're sensible and not a dumbass you'll be fine.
    ^^^Listen to this post, OP

Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100) Vmartelle is not very well liked. (-100)

If you are dragging through your workouts in the morning the boos from caffeine can help you with your energy and will thus lead to a more productive workout.

Training is indeed poor since I do the workout just to get it over with due to low energy. In college and I'm too worried about other things sometimes so concentration generally sucks. I kind-of count macros, I think I generally eat fairly well. Is 135 mg of caffeine a lot?

Thanks for your reply, I'm just worried about taking it since I hear lots of bad things about energy drinks...

Edit: Thinking about it now, I do have decent results. People comment on how "big" I am and how healthy I look and eat. I'm at a hard plateau honestly, I lack energy. I WANT to push myself to the limit and have tons of energy. I want to CRUSH my workouts.

DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DasBiceps has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Training is indeed poor since I do the workout just to get it over with due to low energy. In college and I'm too worried about other things sometimes so concentration generally sucks. I kind-of count macros, I think I generally eat fairly well. Is 135 mg of caffeine a lot?

Thanks for your reply, I'm just worried about taking it since I hear lots of bad things about energy drinks...

135mg is considered low in the pre workout category but can still be very strong if you are stim sensitive. Best way to test out is to try half a scoop first to access tolerance.
    1. Brady's balls were perfect crew
    4. Mopar Manlet Crew

Originally Posted by DasBiceps View Post
    135mg is considered low in the pre workout category but can still be very strong if you are stim sensitive. Best way to test out is to try half a scoop first to access tolerance.
    Good to know, will do! Worried about caffeine levels - it may be low in this preworkout, but in the long term, are those levels unhealthy do you think? All in moderation, I'm just REALLY worried about all of this...it's like your first beer ya know? (I never had alcohol though...)

OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000)
    If it were me I wouldn't touch a supplement until I got my diet in order. See the stickies in the nutrition section. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with taking C4. It's not going to hurt you...but I don't see how it will really help you much either until your diet is at least decent and you have to be willing to push yourself at the gym. Pre workout isn't some sort of miracle motivation...sure sometimes you can get energy through caffeine and even pumps, but if you're not pushing yourself at the gym what will those help you anyways? Get your diet right and be willing to go hard in the gym and then adding on supplements will be a bonus factor from there. They won't give you the gains if you're not currently getting them. This is all just my opinion however, so take it as you will.

Originally Posted by OxbowSky View Post
    If it were me I wouldn't touch a supplement until I got my diet in order. See the stickies in the nutrition section. I don't necessarily see anything wrong with taking C4. It's not going to hurt you...but I don't see how it will really help you much either until your diet is at least decent and you have to be willing to push yourself at the gym. Pre workout isn't some sort of miracle motivation...sure sometimes you can get energy through caffeine and even pumps, but if you're not pushing yourself at the gym what will those help you anyways? Get your diet right and be willing to go hard in the gym and then adding on supplements will be a bonus factor from there. They won't give you the gains if you're not currently getting them. This is all just my opinion however, so take it as you will.
    You're 110% right. Results are made in the kitchen. I know how to count my macros and I visited the nutrition section and have looked at proper ways to count my macros. I don't go super hard at the gym because I'm tired/groggy/low motivation/things on my mind.

My diet plan right now is generally to bulk. High calories, try to stay away from high amounts of fats. I know there is a lot more to it, no one is perfect. I can only improve, I will try to count more...In college, the foods have no nutrition labels, so you gotta go by what you think :\

edit:

Breakfast (skip, I have had good results and more energy fasting. Hodgetwins lol)

Lunch: 2 grilled chicken sandwichs (or turkey burgers) with spinich and other veggies. Two servings of soy-grain chips. A potential side of baked fruits.

dinner: Same as lunch or, beef with a side of potatoes/veggies - a "standard" type dinner except with more food/calories.

The ONLY thing I drink is water, lots of it. Also a good 9-10 hours of sleep a day
    Last edited by Vmartelle; 06-24-2014 at 02:31 PM.

OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000) OxbowSky is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're 110% right. Results are made in the kitchen. I know how to count my macros and I visited the nutrition section and have looked at proper ways to count my macros.

My diet plan right now is generally to bulk. High calories, try to stay away from high amounts of fats. I know there is a lot more to it, no one is perfect. I can only improve, I will try to count more...In college, the foods have no nutrition labels, so you gotta go by what you think :\
    Oh okay, I kind of just took your first post as "been working out 6 years with no effort in the gym or kitchen." Assumptions. If you are making it happen in the kitchen though, and I know what you mean I do the same thing and I know I'm coming close to my macros but I don't always know if I hit it exactly on point...but if you feel fairly confident in that area then yeah go for a pre workout. If you have truly no motivation then imo it won't do it, but if you need that extra boost then I'd recommend it.

Also, for me personally I'm still a thin guy but when I started lifting I was literally skin on bones and when you push yourself in the gym and see results it will motivate you to go harder. A little bit off topic of supplements but just be willing to go harder in order to see the benefits because as soon as you do you will want more and more. Good luck man.

Originally Posted by OxbowSky View Post
    Oh okay, I kind of just took your first post as "been working out 6 years with no effort in the gym or kitchen." Assumptions. If you are making it happen in the kitchen though, and I know what you mean I do the same thing and I know I'm coming close to my macros but I don't always know if I hit it exactly on point...but if you feel fairly confident in that area then yeah go for a pre workout. If you have truly no motivation then imo it won't do it, but if you need that extra boost then I'd recommend it.

Also, for me personally I'm still a thin guy but when I started lifting I was literally skin on bones and when you push yourself in the gym and see results it will motivate you to go harder. A little bit off topic of supplements but just be willing to go harder in order to see the benefits because as soon as you do you will want more and more. Good luck man.
    I want to go in the gym and kick some ass. It's so hard waking up at 6 in the morn and walking straight to the gym. I feel like ****. I want to **** **** up. I haven't had a real good pump in a long time. I stop my sets way before I should. Concentration is horrible.

I wish I could get my macros down exactly but the college I go to lists nothing :\ I got a decent idea though.

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Edit: Thinking about it now, I do have decent results. People comment on how "big" I am and how healthy I look and eat. I'm at a hard plateau honestly, I lack energy. I WANT to push myself to the limit and have tons of energy. I want to CRUSH my workouts.
    Sounds like you need to get your head straight and get your outside factors straightened out that are effecting your workouts.

You kind of count macros? You either do or don't. If you just eat based off satiation that's fine. Some people are able to do this and see results. They see results cause they already have a general idea of where their maintenance caloric needs are.

I would start tracking your macros more dilligently. This way you can adjust more accuaretly when your weight is stalling based on your goals.

Sounds like you need to get your head straight and get your outside factors straightened out that are effecting your workouts.

You kind of count macros? You either do or don't. If you just eat based off satiation that's fine. Some people are able to do this and see results. They see results cause they already have a general idea of where their maintenance caloric needs are.

I would start tracking your macros more dilligently. This way you can adjust more accuaretly when your weight is stalling based on your goals.
    College lists nothing so I go online and find averages. Caleries aren't really a problem, I'm bulking. I got a general idea on my protein and carbs intake. I know plenty of people in similar situations with great results. I am positive that the lack of results is from piss poor training. Again though, I can improve anywhere, I'm trying my best in my situation.

College lists nothing so I go online and find averages. Caleries aren't really a problem, I'm bulking. I got a general idea on my protein and carbs intake. I know plenty of people in similar situations with great results. I am positive that the lack of results is from piss poor training. Again though, I can improve anywhere, I'm trying my best in my situation.
    Then adjust your training.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you are dragging through your workouts in the morning the boost from caffeine can help you with your energy and will thus lead to a more productive workout.

Really well said athony
    Thank you for addressing the OP and his use with c4 while his diet needs to be changes first and foremost

Until the college releases all the nutritional info, counting macros will never be perfect.

Hate to be a bother but, I was curious if you guys here knew more about bitter orange? The sticky says that it has synephrine in it which is banned. I don't compete or anything but surely a banned substance is bad? Should I be worried?

According to webmd, it labels it as potentially unsafe, citing various potential heart problems that may arise.

How much bitter orange does c4 have?
    Last edited by Vmartelle; 06-25-2014 at 05:47 AM.