Entering Beast Mode MrSmellGood's Avatar
    MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000) MrSmellGood is just really nice. (+1000)

Red face Help with grilling chicken breast!

tried grilling chicken breast for the first time last night... never done it before. well lets just say it didnt turn out soo well. stuck to the damn grill, and came out dry as hell.. now my weeks worth of chicken breast is more like chicken jerky hahaha. feelsbadman.

i usually just bake my chicken breasts, but its getting kinda old. reps to anyone that can help me out with some tasty ways to make some delicious, not dry chicken bresat on the BBQ!!

thanks all!
    " A man is but a product of his thoughts, for what he thinks.. he becomes"
    -Gandhi

Registered User KernelBluegrass's Avatar
    KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KernelBluegrass is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    pound your breast flat so it cooks evenly. Its called a "Paillard" if you wanna look it up. Season with plenty of salt and pepper. Take a rolled piece of paper towel or cloth rag and soak with cooking oil, then rub the towel across the grates just before cooking. you could use nonstick spray instead of oil but it will flame up.

overcooking makes chicken dry, so don't do that. whatever the recommended cooking temp is, go just under that.

i press on mine and when it springs back, as long as its not pink inside, its done.

Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tuksonrider has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The biggest hurdle with chicken breast is that you have a thick part and a thin part.

The easiest thing to do to cook chicken breasts easier and faster is to either, butterfly it. Slice it so that it has an even thickness, OR pound it flat.

Once that is done, you cook it on each side over direct heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Ideally, it should be around 155-160f degrees. Take it off the heat, and let it rest for a couple minutes before cutting into it.

Before you throw it on the grill, you should either marinade it or spice it up with herbs and spices.

If you don't slice or pound it flat, you'll have to cook it under indirect heat which takes practice and trial and error with your heat source.

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Poke holes in it with a fork, and marinate it for at least 8 hours in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and whatever seasonings you like (I do garlic, pepper, chili powder, and oregano)

CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CycoCyclone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I sometimes grill it for a couple minutes on each side to get those nice grill marks on it. Then throw it in tin foil with BBQ or whatever sauce and cook until done. Helps keep it juicy.
    CyclONEnation

MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10) MiKroN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here's my meathod:

Purchase the "Chicken tenderloins" or "thin sliced" chicken breasts. Season them and then cook in a pan with nonstick spray or some butter/cooking oil. You only need about 3 min on medium-low heat then flip it. The trick is to take it off the heat as early as possible,, even earlier than you think you need to cause people tend to leave it on too long. Make a small cut into one of them and see if it's pink. If not, its done. It should come out thick juicy tight delicious.

JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JonJonSC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CycoCyclone View Post
    I sometimes grill it for a couple minutes on each side to get those nice grill marks on it. Then throw it in tin foil with BBQ or whatever sauce and cook until done. Helps keep it juicy.
    Marinate, and this

barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) barmen1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I got you dawg!

1. Season the chicken however you want to
    2. put olive oil on a skillet
    3. make sure said skillet has a lid
    4. put your chicken on the skillet, medium heat
    5. cook for 4-6 minutes, depending on how big they are (you can usually tell when it's ready to flip)
    5. remove the skillet from the heat. Turn the heat down to low (a little bit above simmer)
    6. flip the chicken over to the uncooked side
    7. put lid on chicken and cook for another 4-6 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID.
    8. after the time is up, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. DO NOT REMOVE THE LID UNTIL TIME IS UP.

I guarantee you these chicken breasts will be juicy as fck and it only takes about 15 minutes total
    Current (as of 11/2014):

Weight: 197
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 425

2014 Goals

Weight: 185
    Bench: 295
    Squat: 450
    Deadlift: 400

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, don't buy cheap cuts of chicken. That is going to be #1. Some brands just don't produce good, quality meat.
    I've found the chicken you buy in the big freezer bags tend to not come out very well.

Next thing to do is DO NOT OVER COOK IT!
    So many people over cook their chicken. You can't going to get sick and die if your chicken isn't cooked until it's hard.
    Cook until the chicken is just barely done, so it is firm but still juicy.

If the chicken is sticking to the grill you may be using too much charcoal and the grill is too hot. Or you are leaving it on too long. I cook up like 10oz chicken breasts and I cook them about 4-5 minutes on each side.
    I also only flip my meat on the grill once. Flipping it back and fourth can cause the meat to become more tough.
    Make sure your grill top is clean too.
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.