Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Bloodrushtiger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Kobe

GOAT SG
    More popularity , more marketing and $ to the franchise.
    Panthers, Raptors

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    It is Duncan and its no contest if my franchise is small market. Big man are far too valuable and have much greater impact than guards and forwards. Beside Kobe is much more of a headache and a baby.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) NoSloots4Me is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    Duncan because he's won 5 championships with role players who were cheap.

Kobe is awesome but he had to have big time help to win his championships.
    So what would you call 3 hall of famers, a top 5 all time coach and the best bench in the league?

Duncan never had to play with scrubs like Kwame and Smush in the starting line up. He was always surrounded by hall of famers and Pop throughout his entire career.

DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DasPhilosopher is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NoSloots4Me View Post
    So what would you call 3 hall of famers, a top 5 all time coach and the best bench in the league?
    Popcorn.gif
    Retired From The Misc
    *07-22-2014 08:17 AM*
    "I have a dream that posters will one day post on a misc where they will not be judged by the color of their bars but by the content of their posts."
    - Martin Luther King

KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KMR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by DasPhilosopher View Post
    Inb4 location bias.

I honestly hate the lakers.

I give credit where credit is due.

Kobe is soo clutch and 3-peated twice.

Kobe is about business. He deserves the most money. Hes more hungry ambitious and is out there non stop.

EVERYTIME I SEE KOBE... he is sweating, mouth wide open!!! Gets chit done. Works hard.
    He 3-repeated twice? You sure about that?
    ★★★AJ Lee Crew★★★

"I can handle failure; I cannot handle not trying."

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 1800_Cool_Guy View Post
    Pretty sure the Lakers were in no position to compete for a champion until Gasol got there. If Kobe truly turned Gasol into a champion then how do you explain Gasols recent production to the team.
    The Lakers were the number one seed before Gasol was traded.

Originally Posted by Carpig View Post
    Magic, Kareem, West, Baylor, Worthy, Goodrich, Chamberlain, Shaq
    Being ~5th when these are the other names aint so bad.
    Kobe is at worst a top 3 Laker. Please tell your argument West, Baylor, Worthy, Goodrich and Wilt? inb4 he average 50ppg!!

Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    Duncan because he's won 5 championships with role players who were cheap.

Kobe is awesome but he had to have big time help to win his championships.
    07 finals Parker 24.5 PPG 5 reb 8.3 ast with .595 TS
    Manu 17.8 PPG 5.8 reb 3.8 ast .571 TS
    and Bruce Bowen one of the GOAT defenders.

Glad to know those players are considered as "role" players.
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Modern day catastrophist Carpig's Avatar
    Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    Kobe is at worst a top 3 Laker. Please tell your argument West, Baylor, Worthy, Goodrich and Wilt? inb4 he average 50ppg!!
    Magic, Kareem, Shaq, and West are all obviously > Kobe. West is simply a better player. He has better numbers in every significant statistical category. He was a Finals MVP on a losing team. He has the highest scoring average for a single playoffs. All without a 3pt line.

Baylor was more dominant (as far as stats go) over his competition than Kobe. However, the only ring he earned came at the end of the season in which he retired (so he technically has 0).

Goodrich is a Laker great. Part of a team that won 33 games in a row and a title (but Kobe's success puts him in front). Wilt was great, but his best years were not as a Laker.

1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000) 1800_Cool_Guy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    The Lakers were the number one seed before Gasol was traded.
    The Mavs were the no 1 seed at one time and they lost to the no 8 seed in the 1st rd.
    * MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN Crew*
    *Check a sloots FICO scores to determine if she's worth it Crew*
    *Hotmail Crew*
    *Costco Crew*
    * Your thoughts Crew*
    Oh where oh where has my little Jake gone? Oh where oh where can he be?

outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) outfoxxed has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol @ the guy blaming kobes supporting cast.

his supporting cast is shyt cause he drove away shaq
    Sniff hard as fuk when guys pass by to smell their balls crew
    Don't know how to hold arms when walking crew
    Has to use a soundboard to order pizza crew
    Order pizza and lower money from second floor in bucket crew
    Bodybuilders against lifting crew
    Mod Negs: 3

trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trapaholic93 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Would've been better if you included a poll

sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sdballer5588 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DasPhilosopher View Post
    Inb4 location bias.

I honestly hate the lakers.

I give credit where credit is due.

Kobe is soo clutch and 3-peated twice.

Kobe is about business. He deserves the most money. Hes more hungry ambitious and is out there non stop.

EVERYTIME I SEE KOBE... he is sweating, mouth wide open!!! Gets chit done. Works hard.

kkobe 3 peated twice?

llol this whole thread is just kobe stans making up hypotheticals. welcome back to reality, where duncan accomplished more with less and just won another title as the man.

llegit dying laughing at the straw grasps itt
    Originally Posted by RogerSterling i workout for my health, dont feel the need to eat if i'm not hungry since i still get plenty of puss being the weight i am now.

If I'm becoming a monster, it’s all yall fault
    You can’t be a gentleman when you swimming with sharks
    When you can be superman, who wanna be Clark Kent?

FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FGCHENG has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    with hindsight Kobe, without hindsight Duncan

jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesbwbevis is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ancients View Post
    been a lifelong fan of both teams

would take duncan any day of the week. better chemistry,
    doesnt chemistry depend on who else you have?

Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Carpig is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Ancients View Post
    been a lifelong fan of both teams

would take duncan any day of the week. better chemistry, nobody hates him, cheaper, always build around the big man, best ever at his position, same championships

parker and gino are not role players, not even remotely. doesn't hurt to have 2014 leonard or bruce bowen the GOAT defender on your teams either.

strong everything.

kareem/magic/shaq are the only players better than kobe, and they all played vastly different positions than kobe did.

kobe is the 2nd best SG of all time. west comes somewhere between 3, 4, or 5. the other guys shouldn't even be in that list. james worthy is this real life?
    Worthy is a HoFer. I said Kobe was ~5th and listed 8 guys. The point was that the franchise has had more than its fair share of great players over the years.

West, as I posted above, is absolutely better than Kobe. He was better compared to his competition at the time and all the metrics are in favor of The Logo over the Mamba.

For example: West had 10 games of 40+ points in just the Finals. Kobe has 11 games of 40+ points in his entire playoff career.

OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) OutdoorX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Carpig View Post
    Worthy is a HoFer. I said Kobe was ~5th and listed 8 guys. The point was that the franchise has had more than its fair share of great players over the years.

West, as I posted above, is absolutely better than Kobe. He was better compared to his competition at the time and all the metrics are in favor of The Logo over the Mamba.

For example: West had 10 games of 40+ points in just the Finals. Kobe has 11 games of 40+ points in his entire playoff career.
    All these statistics you are citing are great and all but have no substance to them. For example, when Kobe has a higher scoring average that usually means other players are not playing well or Kobe is not getting his players involved enough, therefore the team is not as strong. Lebron James did statistically well in the past finals, but was nowhere consistent for all 4 quarters.

Both great players, both had great careers. Don't think West though would have been able to take out the 2008 Spurs in the western conference finals in 5 games and be shooting right in Duncan's face during clutch time. Shaq put him as the number 1 Laker of all time after the 5th ring (Those are Shaq's words, not mine). But Kobe clearly more competitive, better defensive player, clutch, faced tougher competition, 5 championships. Those are the intelligent arguments I would make trying to compare Kobe to someone who played during a different generation rather than look up some meaningless box scores. This is of course not a knock to Mr. West's legacy.

EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) EPICBULGARIAN91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    did not read the whole thread, so i dunno if someone said this already but..

kobe was drafted in 96 not 97.....

gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10) gl0beTr0tter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a fan of both players, but I'd take Duncan. Easier to build around, costs less, and was having all NBA seasons the moment he step foot on the court. People forget what a beast young Timmy was.

CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CougarP01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Duncans teams won championships while taking care of Kobe and LeBron while in their prime. Just think about that.
    Hi

Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ancients is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CougarP01 View Post
    Duncans teams won championships while taking care of Kobe and LeBron while in their prime. Just think about that.
    2001 lakers swept the #1 seed spurs, beat the #2 seed spurs 4-1 in 2002, the #3 seed spurs 4-2 in 2004, and the #3 seed spurs again 4-1 in 2008

they've both outplayed each other at several times, but using duncan beating kobe isn't the best example to use for as to why to draft duncan. much better reasons than that, especially when the lakers have dominated the rivalry for the past 14 years

Originally Posted by OutdoorX View Post
    All these statistics you are citing are great and all but have no substance to them. For example, when Kobe has a higher scoring average that usually means other players are not playing well or Kobe is not getting his players involved enough, therefore the team is not as strong. Lebron James did statistically well in the past finals, but was nowhere consistent for all 4 quarters.

Both great players, both had great careers. Don't think West though would have been able to take out the 2008 Spurs in the western conference finals in 5 games and be shooting right in Duncan's face during clutch time. Shaq put him as the number 1 Laker of all time after the 5th ring (Those are Shaq's words, not mine). But Kobe clearly more competitive, better defensive player, clutch, faced tougher competition, 5 championships. Those are the intelligent arguments I would make trying to compare Kobe to someone who played during a different generation rather than look up some meaningless box scores. This is of course not a knock to Mr. West's legacy.

When you earn the nickname "Mr. Clutch" and they use your likeness for the logo, you are probably better than just some boxscore.

I understand its difficult to compare different eras and this only becomes more difficult when discussing it with a bunch of teenagers and 20-somethings that think the NBA didn't exist before Jordan.

CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CurryTech777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EPICBULGARIAN91 View Post
    did not read the whole thread, so i dunno if someone said this already but..

kobe was drafted in 96 not 97.....
    thanks for clearing that up brah. this totally add the discussion.
    -USC-Bakers-Raiders-

Rahmit inmah ashol