Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)

Exclamation ADHD Meds and weight loss

I have just recently been put on Concerta for Adult ADHD.
    I'm on the 18mg dose (extended release). I'm really liking the medication so far. The dose is just right so that it does significantly improve my ability to focus and learn, however it's not too high so I don't feel jacked up. I notice a little bit more energy, but nothing crazy. For the most part I feel very normal on it.

I've noticed recently I've been losing weight like nuts.
    I have been doing more cardio than usual because I've been running more (2 miles more per day). But even with an adjustment of 300 extra calories per day, I dropped 5lbs last week.
    Even with some serious over consumption of calories on the weekends (3,000 calories per day), I'm still noticing that weight loss.
    Now I'm a dude who usually has no problems getting fat. I used to be 40lbs heavier than I am now.
    I'm sure it's not water weight, my weight has never gone up, and my diet has remained the same the volume I eat has just been going up. I'm fairly low carb. I'm also never hungry or starving. Lately my body has been telling me it would like me to eat more, but I'm not hungry nor do I have cravings.

Another thing I find odd is, I'm doing much better in the gym. My lifts are going up significantly. My chest strength has gone up 10-15%, and my back strength has improved by 15%. My legs by nearly 20%. I'm running faster as well.

My concern is me losing muscle mass.
    Not sure if it's the medication or what.

Anyone else experience this on these medications?
    I'm wondering if the stimulant is making me perform better in the gym which is translating into more calorie burn, but holy cow, losing weight this fast? That would have to be a HUGE increase.

Gonna try eating more but wanted to see if anyone else went through this.

-Thanks
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.

SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000) SheepOnAcid is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are tracking your calories accurately and thus aren't just plain eating less than you used to (amphetamines take away your hunger, like all stimulants) then you might just be dehydrated. It also makes you drink less water.

Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000) Connor1226 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SheepOnAcid View Post
    If you are tracking your calories accurately and thus aren't just plain eating less than you used to (amphetamines take away your hunger, like all stimulants) then you might just be dehydrated. It also makes you drink less water.
    I'll pay extra attention to my hydration, but I'm not sure it's that. I drink a lot of water throughout the day and normally pay pretty close attention to how hydrated I am.
    I like personal responsibility and accountability. When you admit you are the problem you are simultaneously admitting you are the solution.

koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000) koatliki is just really nice. (+1000)
    I did use aderral for about a month few months ago when I needed to study for some certification. I noticed that it was more awesome to lift with than to study. I felt like a complete beast in the gym and it was super awesome for cutting coz it really killed your appetite. Sides were dehydration and lack of sex drive (but they only happened on the day I took it)

However, I built up tolerance in a month and almost felt nothing with the same dose (neither did I have sides anymore). (I quit it anyway coz I didn't really need it)

Originally Posted by koatliki View Post
    I did use aderral for about a month few months ago when I needed to study for some certification. I noticed that it was more awesome to lift with than to study. I felt like a complete beast in the gym and it was super awesome for cutting coz it really killed your appetite. Sides were dehydration and lack of sex drive (but they only happened on the day I took it)

However, I built up tolerance in a month and almost felt nothing with the same dose (neither did I have sides anymore). (I quit it anyway coz I didn't really need it)
    I felt pumped the first day I took it. Now I feel pretty normal on it. The only real difference I notice is that I used to be able to drink a ton of coffee (a pot a morning if I didn't care about my intake). Now I can only get away with a 16oz mug with maybe a little top off in there. I get too wired if I get too much more. Which I think says a lot coming from a dude who consumed as much caffeine as I did.

--------------------------
    I'm going to watch my weight over the next couple days. But if I do notice I keep dropping, how should I handle it to prevent muscle loss?
    I'm already getting roughly 1g of protein per pound of body weight, so I'm not sure if I should add more, or just add in carbs for the extra calories?

I'm thinking all that matters in the end is that as long as those minimums are hit, and the deficit is minimized or not there, I should be fine.
    Could I keep with the high protein, high fat, low carb and be alright? Because honestly, I like my low carb diet.

CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10) CaffeineYAY is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Concerta/Methylphenidate shouldn't really make you lose weight. I've seen people on the 54mg dose and their weight didn't change. Maybe you're having some sort of side effect.