Thread: Finding a job

scottkgiles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Finding a job

Dear readers,

I passed the NSCA-CPT 2 months ago and I still have not been able to find a job. I took the CSCS in February and failed the second half by 3 questions. I have a degree in Human Development and Family Studies. I have worked in retail for the last 4 years. I have a background in Taekwondo and boxing.
    I have been rejected by Gold's Gym, Lifetime Fitness, and a couple of private studios. I am running out of ideas on how to find a job and I would appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Thank you very much for reading.

MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50) MkADcision will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I definitely feel your frustration.
    When you're new and trying to break into this industry its a tough road.
    To make matters worse most places won't even get back you after multiple interviews. I've only come across one guy who had the balls to tell me directly why I wouldn't be a good fit for his studio.
    Anyways, if its something you really want to pursue don't let a little discouragement get u down.

MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MyAvatar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Maybe go back to retail and do fitness on the side ?

NASM Certified Trainer FierceStrength's Avatar
    FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10) FierceStrength is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You've got to nail the interview. I passed my exam and a week later had my job after one interview. Find out what you're doing wrong and fix it. Be confident. Good luck man!
    Founder & CEO - www.FierceStrength.com

Training PR's: 345 bench, 440 squat, 505 deadlift @ 175 lbs

LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LostLlama has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Im in the same boat as Fierce here. Interview well. Look fit. Smile. Be personable. All of that good stuff.

Ive bumped into several trainer candidates while applying at multiple locations. It is more competitive than you think to be a personal trainer...especially in certain areas. Still, you really have to interview well in order to land that job. On the bright side, it seems like you are already doing what I would initially advise; get in the door at a chain gym. GL
    You give something up for everything you gain