Thread: building legs

Packman614 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

building legs

I work my lower body just about the same if not more than my upper body. No matter what i do or how hard i work my legs it is so disproportionate to my upper body. Need some good tips to balance myself out.

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Packman614 View Post
    I work my lower body just about the same if not more than my upper body. No matter what i do or how hard i work my legs it is so disproportionate to my upper body. Need some good tips to balance myself out.
    try doing higher reps.
    I start with 3 sets of leg extensions of 30 reps each, then I do a drop set.
    then I move to squats and keep my reps at 10-12 for 4-5 sets
    then front squats again with 10-12 reps
    hack squats with 10-15 reps

Keeping a good volume helps me grow my legs.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could also be in your head, OP. There are a lot of times where I think that my legs are small, but in reality my quads/hamstrings are quite large (it's my calves that aren't as big as my legs). This creates an illusion that my legs are smaller than they are (and I've since begun to remedy this).

Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    try doing higher reps.
    I start with 3 sets of leg extensions of 30 reps each, then I do a drop set.
    then I move to squats and keep my reps at 10-12 for 4-5 sets
    then front squats again with 10-12 reps
    hack squats with 10-15 reps

Keeping a good volume helps me grow my legs.
    This. We're on our legs all day. We really need to shock them. Can't be in/out of the gym on leg day as it doesn't stimulate the legs enough.

skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) skel1977 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whats your routine op

Packman614 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do 10,8,6,4,2 squat and increase weight with each set the same with leg press. weighted lunges, leg extensions, calf raises as many as i can. Not in that order but my legs are dead beat after im done so i guess thats a good thing. Should i decrease weight and do more reps or higher weight with less reps?

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I usually do 10,8,6,4,2 squat and increase weight with each set the same with leg press. weighted lunges, leg extensions, calf raises as many as i can. Not in that order but my legs are dead beat after im done so i guess thats a good thing. Should i decrease weight and do more reps or higher weight with less reps?
    For squats I would recommend doing 15, 12, 10, 10, 8 more of hypertrophy sets. No need to go down to 2 reps only unless you do powerlifting. My friend did powerlifting for a long time and he can squat more than me, but his legs are a lot smaller than mine. That because I focus more on stimulating the muscle growth rather than just lifting weight. Also looks like you don't have any exercises for hamstrings - I would highly recommend adding some. So try higher reps and see how it works for you.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    ********.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matjusm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    For squats I would recommend doing 15, 12, 10, 10, 8 more of hypertrophy sets. No need to go down to 2 reps only unless you do powerlifting. My friend did powerlifting for a long time and he can squat more than me, but his legs are a lot smaller than mine. That because I focus more on stimulating the muscle growth rather than just lifting weight. Also looks like you don't have any exercises for hamstrings - I would highly recommend adding some. So try higher reps and see how it works for you.
    Not necessarily. If you look at the legs of Olympic weightlifters who train at very low rep ranges then they are very well developed. I haven't done more than 6 reps on squats for a long time and my legs are bigger than ever. Low rep ranges also build muscle.

But above all what builds muscle is food. If you're just not eating enough, those monster thighs (or whatever muscle) are not going to appear out of nowhere. Major weight gain is necessary.
    Strength + Speed = Power

If you never fail, you aren't truly pushing yourself to the limit. If you never push yourself to the limit, how do you know what you're truly capable of?