grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Saturated fat vs monounsaturated

Ok I have been using High oleic safflower oil as a main fat source for the past 3 days and so far it has been excellent.

My ketones seem to be much more stable throughout the day. I have a few eggs in the morning topped with Cayenne pepper followed by a small oil shot and green tea with coconut milk. Also a vitamin/bee pollen/potassium citrate.

Lunch was 2 sausages. Another small oil shot.

Dinner was a salad. Red leaf lettuce, Olives, Curry powder, Garlic, Safflower oil and vinegar, Sprinkle of lite salt.

So far I'm sold on the stuff. I think too much saturated fat leads to ketone spikes that are uncomfortable. No idea though.
    All I know is I feel much better using MUFA as a main fat source. Will keep posting here my findings.

Anyone else try MUFA? Thoughts on the matter?

Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100) Leadreign is not very well liked. (-100)
    Almost sounds like you can feel the ketones going to work individually. Also looks like your intake was less than a 1000 cal. That's all you ate? Few eggs, some oil, 2 sausages and a salad?

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Personally I am a fan of natural animal fats. They make up nearly 85 % of my fat intake in the dat. Heavy weight cream, and butter are the to staples in my diet.

I would also always recommend eating food rather than drinking empty calories which is what you are doing by drinking the oil.

How are you assessing ketone spikes, and what are you feeling. If we end up with to many ketones in the blood we loose them in the pee. But I'm intrigued by what you have said. My ketones sit at around 0.7 constant through out the day and 0.9 first thing in the morning. I have not tried drinking 150 mL of HWC and seeing what that does.

Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try :-)

grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There was some tea with coconut milk in there along with another HO-SFO shot in there. I have been pretty sedentary. I do some Calisthenics daily though. I generally eat when I am really hungry.

Moderate/low protein calorie restricted NZCKD dosent have much leeway as far as foods go. SFO + Supplements + careful eating.
    B vitamins come from Cayenne/Curry powder.
    Choline from eggs
    Inositol from Hemp seeds
    Take a Cal/Mag/D suppliment
    Multivitamin
    1000mg fish oil
    Potassium Citrate
    Extra Magnesium
    Folate/K from leafy greens

So far it's all working. I plan on getting a full blood test in the next 2 weeks to make sure all my markers are good.
    Then a few hyperbaric oxygen treatments.
    Muscle seems stable, even gaining a bit.

Arminus83 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JWoodCF10 View Post
    Personally I am a fan of natural animal fats. They make up nearly 85 % of my fat intake in the dat. Heavy weight cream, and butter are the to staples in my diet.

I would also always recommend eating food rather than drinking empty calories which is what you are doing by drinking the oil.

How are you assessing ketone spikes, and what are you feeling. If we end up with to many ketones in the blood we loose them in the pee. But I'm intrigued by what you have said. My ketones sit at around 0.7 constant through out the day and 0.9 first thing in the morning. I have not tried drinking 150 mL of HWC and seeing what that does.

Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a try :-)
    How are you measuring your ketones? I use ketostix and have been doing keto (properly) since the 6th of this month and my ketostix always read at moderate to high unless I drink a TON of water, then they bounce between small and moderate. They also seem to accumulate quickly. Meaning that if I stop drinking water (at night) my urine will go from clear with a small to moderate reading of ketones, to a straw yellow color and the keto sticks read as moderate to high again. I don't know if this is because my fat intake throughout the day is usually at around 70-74% or if it's because i'm doing keto wrong, or if my body is not adapted properly yet, or if this is even normal.