robby1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Wife with breast cancer, desperate to try any "natural" supplements

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post something like this, but I couldn't find anything dedicated to nutrition for cancer. And since this is the Female part of the site, I thought I might find the best advice here To be clear, I'm not a female thought but this is for my wife!

My amazing wife of 13 years has breast cancer, and we've been fighting it all the usual ways. We are getting very serious about the diet and the natural things you can put in your body that help it fight off certian things, and just generally living a healtheir life. We hope these things will help her cancer, but there's just too much information out there on all these "magic" natrual health drugs. What is everyone here supplementing with? How have you changed your diet?

There are a few things we have narrowed down that we are looking at:

1) Baking Soda (seriously). Not sure of a specific brand, or if one is better than the other. Thoughts?

2) Fucoidan (seaweed stuff). All stuff we've read online says it helps against cancer and a bunch of other stuff. Its extracted from seaweed and there are a lot of options to purchase. We are looking at one called fucoidan fusion? Their fusion85 product. Anyone have thoughts?

3)Organic WormWood. Supposedly has direct anti-cancer properties. Specifically looking at one from ShamansGarden. Again, I think there are multiple options on the market. Anyone have experience here?

Any help or discussion is so much appreciated!!! Thank you and God Bless!

Whoops, I guess I can't post links yet, sorry!

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi there,
    I think its brilliant that you want to help your wife and are looking into a healthy diet, but none of these things will help get rid of her cancer. im afraid they are all gimmicks and unfounded claims.
    Your best option is to continue with whatever treatment your oncologist has recommended and then use natural and alternative therapies to help with side effects. for example: a healthy diet is always going to help your body to be as healthy as possible and function as well as it can, acupuncture and massage can help with swelling, pain and fatigue, being well hydrated will help with both chemotherapy and radiotherapy side-effects.

I am a therapy radiographer so treating people with cancer is what I do on a daily basis.
    Best wishes to you and your wife

girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would look into the research about ketogenic diets and cancer.
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jsf721 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would help if you listed a location. If you are near Sloan kettering in NYC I would say they were great with my mother and this was years ago. My mother was diagnosed in 1991 and she survived until 2008. Our biggest mistake,was not getting a mastectomy along with chemo and radiation. Back then they did not know better. We though it was beat but re-occurred.

Dana Faber hospital in Boston is also great. Went there for a 2nd opinion.

Good luck in any case see an oncologist. Faster is better.

Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000) Peet36 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've heard of "black salve" to remove breast cancer. Google it

jjoapr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can try Shakeology because it is the best natural supplement. I have a link below in my signature to learn more about the supplement. Feel free to check it out.
    Workout and make MONEY. No experience necessary.
    [www.beachbodycoach.com/jjoapr]

Have you tried the BEST Workout Supplement?
    Purchase it at
    [http://www.shakeology.com/jjoapr]

Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000) Bravoiswhiskey is just really nice. (+1000)
    So sorry about your wife, Robby. Several people in my family who are incredibly close to me were all diagnosed with cancer in very rapid succession and are all currently in that battle, so I have my own personal perspective on how hard it can be to fill the caregiver/supporter role. I hope you and your wife are taking plenty of time to decompress and do fun normal things to stay as emotionally healthy as possible.

I understand the desperation to research and try absolutely everything available to control the situation, but you have to listen to your oncologist, they're the subject matter expert on cancer and your wife's specific cancer (two cases of the same kind of cancer can be completely different) - not some random person on the internet or some quack with something to sell you in your moment of desperation. Cancer.org has some really amazing, plainly written articles about alternative and complementary therapy as well as other resources that can really help.

As for supplementation, we very very randomly found out that some of the supplements we already take *may* possibly have anti-cancer properties (CLA has been tested in animals and is promising), and the oncologist agreed they were good and OKed them to continue to be used -- But we're definitely not using them in lieu of anything. They're just in the "might help, probably won't hurt, and makes us feel psychologically participatory in the treatment" category.

But please don't start taking anything without running it by your oncologist, even "natural" herbals can interact with and potentially reduce the effectiveness of medication.

girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000) girl81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I encourage you to read about IV vitamin C therapy.
    ------------------------

"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."
    Matthew 22:36-40

drakonka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know _nothing_ about this really, but happened to stumble across this thread right after reading that coffee of all things can actually help prevent the occurrence (and recurrence) of cancer. I would post a link but the forum doesn't let me due to low post count. You can google "Swedish study explains coffee cancer link" to find it. Obviously you should do more research about this and not just trust a news article, but might be worth looking into?