bdpride has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I play Fullback or ILB?

Hi I'm 145 lbs and 5'1 idk if I should play FB or ILB. I'm a little slower than most running backs but I'm also bigger than them. People have been telling me I'm a little too short for fullback but I'd be a perfect fit for ILB. I really don't know what to choose.

LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10) LiftNPlay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Play whatever position you like most. That way you will be the most motivated to train hard and practice hard to be as good as possible at your position.
    5' 11", 225 lbs
    BF: ~17%
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 485
    Power Clean: 295

Patience and Hard Work.

My journal from high school football through my current college football career:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145019721&pagenumber

mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mikeyluwshs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    5'1 still sounds short for both..

If you have to chose, i'd play RB.

But size doesn't mean **** (sorta)..depends on skilll....can you catch a ball..can you evade people....all that kinda things..

Defense... can you catch up to someone...are you fast...can you not get juked...all that..
    Gym=405/270/455 (1130)
    Meet=391.3/264.6/479.5 (1135.4)

Thx for the feedback, I'll decide through out the summer which position I really want to play.

I've been talking to some people and they say safety could be an option, I'm really short however, what do you guys think?

churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by bdpride View Post
    I've been talking to some people and they say safety could be an option, I'm really short however, what do you guys think?
    Doesn't really matter if you're short some of the best safeties in the NFL are <6 foot. What I would work on since you said you're slower than most runningbacks is definitely speed. I would do box jumps and variations of jumping, sled pulls, hang cleans, snatch grip deadlifts, med. ball back tosses, and the whole 9 yards. Look up overtimeathletes on youtube they are based on speed and explosiveness and that's what safeties need