OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Broad Jump and 40 yard dash (NFL Scouts/Combine Q's)

Hey Guys, after months of lurking i have decided to finally join the BodyBuilding forums.

I have a few questions for those who play football either in college, Nfl, afl, or semi-pro.

Lately i've been training to get into football shape again in order to try out for a local semi-pro football team here in Texas (San Antonio Talons).

Heres the kicker: I have NEVER played ORGANIZED football. I have played football and basketball for recreation everyday but never for a team.

What matters more to coaches? Raw talent/athleticism that they can mold/work with, or on the field "experience"?
    Some of my stats listed below people will not believe.. Like the broad jump (Video link below)

In the first jump, i went 11Ft 8 inches, in the second jump i surpassed 12Ft but did not stick the landing. The beginning of the tape measure is exactly 12FT.
    youtube.com/watch?v=FX0tMFMf76o

My stats are below.
    Height: 6Ft
    Weight: 180
    Vertical: 42"
    Broad jump: 11Ft 10 inches
    40 yard dash 4.32 (absolutely unofficial)

DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREAMChayser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What position bro? Field experience is very important, but you're very athletic.

OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OriginalBacon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DREAMChayser View Post
    What position bro? Field experience is very important, but you're very athletic.
    Thanks! WR/DB is where i think i belong.

Standing reach above head is 8"3, and my vertical seems to be enough to clear taller opponents.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A 4.32 40. Congrats, considering you havent been coached you are potentially faster than anyone in the NFL right now probably. Dont waste your time with semi-pro, get into a mini camp now!

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    A 4.32 40. Congrats, considering you havent been coached you are potentially faster than anyone in the NFL right now probably. Dont waste your time with semi-pro, get into a mini camp now!
    Thats the inspiration I like to hear, thank you.
    What would be the benefit of a mini camp opposed to playing semi pro and then attending a combine? Im not familiar with how to get into the process of getting an agent etc.

Btw I am 21 years old and graduated 2010

BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OriginalBacon View Post
    Thats the inspiration I like to hear, thank you.
    What would be the benefit of a mini camp opposed to playing semi pro and then attending a combine? Im not familiar with how to get into the process of getting an agent etc.

Btw I am 21 years old and graduated 2010
    Almost positive he's being sarcastic and implying you don't run nearly that fast, should get a laser time.

Originally Posted by BigStewTheJew View Post
    Almost positive he's being sarcastic and implying you don't run nearly that fast, should get a laser time.
    Hmm, maybe so.
    Either way, i stated that its unofficial as i don't have the equipment to have a 40 laser timed at the moment.
    I'll be heading to velocity sports to have them laser time me next week.

Anyone who actually plays football have an input?

Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Babycox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Guys, after months of lurking i have decided to finally join the BodyBuilding forums.

I have a few questions for those who play football either in college, Nfl, afl, or semi-pro.

Lately i've been training to get into football shape again in order to try out for a local semi-pro football team here in Texas (San Antonio Talons).

Heres the kicker: I have NEVER played ORGANIZED football. I have played football and basketball for recreation everyday but never for a team.

What matters more to coaches? Raw talent/athleticism that they can mold/work with, or on the field "experience"?
    Some of my stats listed below people will not believe.. Like the broad jump (Video link below)

In the first jump, i went 11Ft 8 inches, in the second jump i surpassed 12Ft but did not stick the landing. The beginning of the tape measure is exactly 12FT.

My stats are below.
    It all matters. Though, I think it matters how well you do on the field. But you have impress them with athleticism and skill to make the team. It really depends on the coaches tho cuz I had new coaches just come in and take over our program, and our old coaches just looked at kids and if they looked big they liked them and had them play. Practice position specific drills and keep your athleticism up and you'll be fine. Then over time while on the team you'll gain the experience you need. Idk if this helps but its my thoughts. Also just ignore the people who say **** about the 40yd, you clearly said absolutely unofficial but they still will say **** about it. Goodluck

mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000)
    San Antonio Talons isn't that the arena league team?......4.3 forty...... You would have been the fastest guy in the NFL combine.....

Originally Posted by mrick40 View Post
    San Antonio Talons isn't that the arena league team?......4.3 forty...... You would have been the fastest guy in the NFL combine.....
    Yes that is the arena league team here.
    The 40 time is unofficial, but I have no doubt that it will be better than 4.4 when I get it laser timed this week. I've broken the broad jump record of 11FT 7in so far on ny youtube channel.

a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) a_emory is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Lol, you are such an azz. Perhaps you should reevaluate your perspective on a few things, starting with other people. Consider being constructive and working to improve this world rather than just typing to see your BS published in this forum.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by a_emory View Post
    Lol, you are such an azz. Perhaps you should reevaluate your perspective on a few things, starting with other people. Consider being constructive and working to improve this world rather than just typing to see your BS published in this forum.
    all you do is parrot CF kult advice that will get people hurt. If people come in posting NFL elite numbers they should be challenged that they arent as elite as they think they are, just like the average crossfitter.

The 40 time is unofficial, but I have no doubt that it will be better than 4.4 when I get it laser timed this week. I've broken the broad jump record of 11FT 7in so far on ny youtube channel.
    Oh, I have doubts . . .

Division 1 backs, that have worked on speed their entire lives, who spend 6-8 weeks at combine prep facilities were all they do every day is work on their 40 time with world class coaches, almost NEVER break 4.4. And yet you are just going to walk up and do it.

Thats the problem with e-stats and why every high school kid who posts here is faster than a SEC DB.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    San Antonio Talons is an Arena Football team, not a semi-pro team. HUGE difference.

Oh, I have doubts . . .

Division 1 backs, that have worked on speed their entire lives, who spend 6-8 weeks at combine prep facilities were all they do every day is work on their 40 time with world class coaches, almost NEVER break 4.4. And yet you are just going to walk up and do it.

Thats the problem with e-stats and why every high school kid who posts here is faster than a SEC DB.

No world class coach will ever make a player run an ELITE 40 time. They can train their heart out, but it all comes down to genetics when you've reached your max. Not everyone will have the same results because of that reason. (Btw crossfit is a joke please don't lump me in that category)

Also, every excercise and plyometrics program that players use are available to the general public as well as the same facilities like Velocity performance (which is known for training pro's), which i started to recently attend.

i did in fact break the broad jump record right in front of the camera, which the broad jump demonstrates explosive ability, speed, and dictates if you will have a great vertical.

Lastly, as stated before, im 21 years old, not in high school, but those were the good days.

Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    San Antonio Talons is an Arena Football team, not a semi-pro team. HUGE difference.
    I am aware of that, but looking to play either one.

mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000) mrick40 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes....... Huge difference between the ARena football league and semi pro......

churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) churley57 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

My stats are below.
    Holy **** those are som stats! You seem very athletic but I have no clue how strong you are or you're football iq or skills or anything like that. If I were you, I would go to the coach for maybe a day camp and ask him to point out your weaknesses so you can work in the. You'd be a ****ing monster on special teams fyi

Originally Posted by churley57 View Post
    Holy **** those are som stats! You seem very athletic but I have no clue how strong you are or you're football iq or skills or anything like that. If I were you, I would go to the coach for maybe a day camp and ask him to point out your weaknesses so you can work in the. You'd be a ****ing monster on special teams fyi
    Thats something i'd definitely like to do, just not sure how to go about it.
    I am very familiar with football and position specific duties and drills as i always played just to practice.
    Wish i could go to a combine to prove my stats but they are reserved for someone who has played on AT LEAST a semi pro or Arena football team.

If the Talons don't workout..... You can start training for the 2016 Olympics with that speed.

I am very familiar with football and position specific duties and drills as i always played just to practice.
    Wish i could go to a combine to prove my stats but they are reserved for someone who has played on AT LEAST a semi pro or Arena football team.
    You can get signed to any track team in the nation . . . then walk on to the football team in the spring. Assuming your estats hold up.

BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BigStewTheJew is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    End of one of your broadjump vids had a hand timer said 4.43 for the 40 and you only show the last second

any legit 40 vids with legit timer ( even hand ) on it showing 4.3

Edit: Saw full vid, and can only see timer for 2nd halve of it aswell

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lol, site full of pessimists. Go and run and get your 40 tested OP then come back
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000) thenewguy23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Bench: 255lbs (115kg)
    Squat: 320lbs (145kg)
    Deadlift: 430lbs (195kg)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will." Vince Lombardi.

Originally Posted by BigStewTheJew View Post
    End of one of your broadjump vids had a hand timer said 4.43 for the 40 and you only show the last second

any legit 40 vids with legit timer ( even hand ) on it showing 4.3

Edit: Saw full vid, and can only see timer for 2nd halve of it aswell
    Yeah, I was playing with the video editor to mesh them all together so it only had a short 40 vid on the broad jump video, full one is on the page.

I will have a friend hand time me again today and will try my best to run a good time. Stay tuned.

PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Those are great numbers man but honestly scouts want to see film. I had pretty good numbers at my pro day but i missed half of my senior season to injuries and my agent said that since i didnt have enough film the scouts didnt want to risk it.

GL though bro and keep grinding you never know what could happen!
    *Division 1 Athlete Crew*

*Playing American Football in Europe*

*Positive Crew*

Originally Posted by PowerAthlete55 View Post
    Those are great numbers man but honestly scouts want to see film. I had pretty good numbers at my pro day but i missed half of my senior season to injuries and my agent said that since i didnt have enough film the scouts didnt want to risk it.

GL though bro and keep grinding you never know what could happen!
    Guy has never even put on pads.

And his youtube video has a real gimmicky angle, the guy can jump but gimmicky angle + not seeing the whole tape = Im not willing to call it a world record.

Besides, who knows how he will rect first time he gets popped in pads.

PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PowerAthlete55 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Guy has never even put on pads.

And his youtube video has a real gimmicky angle, the guy can jump but gimmicky angle + not seeing the whole tape = Im not willing to call it a world record.

Besides, who knows how he will rect first time he gets popped in pads.
    Ha yeah your right. Its a whole different world once you get lit up for the first time
    *Division 1 Athlete Crew*

*Playing American Football in Europe*

*Positive Crew*

Registered User BuckeyeCrusader's Avatar
    BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BuckeyeCrusader has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You'd be better off if Al Davis didn't pass away

Originally Posted by BuckeyeCrusader View Post
    You'd be better off if Al Davis didn't pass away
    now THAT's funny!!